Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 26, 2017 08:26AM

changedagain said, "We may be instruments of Satan, but for the most part we're considerate and actually have some concern for the well being of others--"

Ever wonder about the well being of Tony Cox's daughter known as Ruthie. Her actual name is Kyoko Chan Cox. She was kidnapped by her father and hid out in the Walk until 1978 at which time Ruthie and her stepmother Miriam (Tony's second wife) were living separate from Tony, per a word from JRS. I heard rumors that Tony was abusive toward Miriam. I also remember the ministry Tony received at Anaheim around 1978. It wasn't good. JRS was reluctant to reunite the family. I guess Tony was seeking the Lord and repenting but JRS didn't seem to buy it. Interesting that JRS thought he was protecting Ruthie/Kyoko from her mother Yoko Ono, as if being in the cult was healthier for Ruthie/Kyoko than being with her biological mom. That's a piece of Walk history, harboring kidnapped children.

The link below seems to indicate that after decades, Ruthie/Kyoko reunited with her mom, Yoko Ono. God is good.

[wheatonheroes.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 26, 2017 09:16AM

I said in my above post that I was present when Tony got ministry in 1978. That is probably not the correct year. It would have much earlier than 1978 I think. I knew Tony's wife Miriam, not well, but we often would get rides together to Southgate or Anaheim. Both she and Tony were very intense people to be around. And little did we know the back story. I think Tony and Miriam divorced before JRS married M and Miriam got approval from JRS to start a relationship with a really nice fellow who was about 10 years younger than her. Funny the things you remember. And some things do work out for good in our life times.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 26, 2017 09:56AM

I wonder if Tony Cox used the Walk to stay underground. John maybe thought Yoko was too off beat to mother. Although John didn't know Lennon got saved. In Lennon biography "Nowhere Man..." Lennon watched TV evangelists. Billy Graham. Oral Roberts. Called the 700 Club help line for drug addiction.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 26, 2017 01:05PM

BTW, found my copy of Lennon biography "Nowhere Man." Lennon's Christian phase happened 1970's around the same time Tony Cox had his kidnapped daughter in the Walk. Lennon lost his belief a few years before he was murdered in 1980.

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: May 26, 2017 07:46PM

Yes, I did wonder what happened to Ruth. I knew that Miriam remarried. The last I knew was what I saw in the Vain Glory video. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: May 26, 2017 08:08PM

Just wanted to share a bit of breakthrough.

For me, the Walk was JRS, The Word, nothing much else mattered to me. So much so, that when my youngest son was born, even though I had been out of the Walk for 10 years, I wanted to name him John. We ended up naming him Sean, which is actually the Irish word for John.

As I was putting all my TLW material back in its box, still uncertain what I would do with it, a single piece of paper caught my eye. It was entitled "The Family Declares: Not One Remains Untouched," and it was written the day John died. I read through it. It honestly made little sense to me, but there was one line -- and I'll paraphrase it so as not to violate any copyright -- that JRS's ministry would be finished and complete according to John's word.

It hit me like a ton of bricks. When did it happen, where did it happen for me that it stopped being God's word and it was John's word? Did I read my Bible at all? When was the line crossed?

It's going to take me a while to digest this.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:43AM

Sharing my thoughts and opinions' - from my point of view
Some things to consider:

Tony Cox " kidnapped" his and Yoko's daughter - and the child was hidden and grew up in the church rather than having the " right" to grow up with her own parents, which the law of the land provides for - when parents divorce. The child grew up having been robbed of knowing her mother for herself. Instead she grew up being influenced to believe what ever those raising her (in the church) - thought of both her mother Yoko Ono and her father, Tony Cox.

It should be noted that such a decision by those in the church, who made the decision to hide Tony Cox and the child - did not personally know Yoko Ono. And even if they did they would not have the law on their side to make such a decision and to take action against the child's mother not allowing the courts to determine the matter of child custody - because they were operating outside of the laws of the land of this nation.

Those who were involved ended up hiding, raising and supporting the child independently of both of her parents - I do not think - they saw themselves at that time - as being lawless. They saw themselves as having a higher authority from God over what has been established as the laws of the land.

However I think they were self deceived - because in doing what they did - they knew they were operating outside of and against the law and feared answering to the Law. Shown by the fact they too were "hiding" themselves and what they were doing from the Law and hiding also from the majority of the members of the church, so they and what they were doing - would not come under the scrutiny of the members of the church.

This "hiding" from the Law and from the members of the church is probably why they secretly gave the child a phony name - so she could attend the Kingdom school, with only those knowing on the basis of as needed to know - knowing who she really was.

What did they have to illegally do - to give the child a phony name - to be able to go to school? And what did they tell the child in order for her to accept a different name than she was born with and called by - when she was growing up with her parents before and after their divorce?

It is evident from the history of teachings that governed the minds of the members of the church - that this child was taught to disregard her parents and to divorce herself from them in life , as being her real family. She was taught while growing up with out father or mother - that the members of the church were her real family. She will have many things to overcome and to sort out for herself - about life - just as we all do as human beings. May the Spirit of Truth, help her and comfort her along the way as she works out all these may influences and things for her self.

Here is the difficulty - Can the members of the TLWF of today - see where the things they have been taught and believed to be God's will, were and are in error - in light of what is reported to have taken place or will those who know first hand what took place - continue to justify the wrongs done by not relating to what took place against and to this family, by only being willing to - as a defense - point out how well the daughter is doing and has turned out - having been raised by the church?

I am pretty sure that TLWF has come to the place where they strive to operate with in the compliance of the law - but have they come to the place where they are able to recognize and confess to themselves as a body of believers, that the thinking they have held is hostile to God? Can they even consider this as a possibility - enough - to search out the matter each for them selves and their own family - to find the truth - in such a matter? So that if they do find, they have been and are in error in light of what is taught in the Scriptures - that they might correct their hearts and minds by over coming what has been destructive both to family and members with in the church?

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: May 27, 2017 10:47AM

Invisible - I remember Ruthie attending public schools in the area near the Blix House (N. Hollywood). So yes, I wonder how did she get her name/identity changed to keep hidden?

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:08PM

Puddington,

What I wrote is what I thought after reading many articles - viewing court documents on line and viewing the video and things spoken on the forum which were a good part of the opinion I expressed.

I did not know who Tony Cox's daughter was - that is why I said, what was taking place was hidden from the majority of the members.

I met Tony Cox at some kind of a reception - he came and sat down beside me while I was eating cake. He spoke to me for about 15 minutes and then moved on to visit with some one else - and I did not see him again so I didn't think about it until these many years later . During approximately 15 minutes that Cox spoke to me - he told me that he was once married to Yoko Ono and that they had a daughter together. That they were divorced and going thru a custody battle. That Yoko was married to John Lennon and that Lennon was famous and wealthy and because he (Cox) had no real financial means to fight for custody -he expressed he was afraid and feared because of Lennon's fame and wealth , that the courts would favor giving custody of his daughter - to Yoko and John Lennon.

Puddington :

Do you know if the daughter attended K.S.? I don't know if I read it, heard of it or assumed it.

Whether or not she attended K.S. I think a record of her parents names or a legal guardian, as well as a history of immunization - and a history of the previous school attended would have to be given to a (public) school - in order for the girl to be enrolled in and to attend a public school.

Date: May 27, 2017 02:38PM

Invisible-how funny that Tony wasn't shy about sharing his situation. I recall hearing another rumor about him. That he had anger problems because he had submitted himself to some kind of mind control experiments. That's pretty far out huh? A while back after viewing the Vain Glory video I did a google search on Tony. Some gossip popped up about him living in Colorado in his VW around the 90's. And Yoko gave Tony some John Lennon's tapes for Tony to sell to make some money. I can't shed any light regarding if Ruthie went to KS or public school, but I do recall reading that after Tony and Ruthie left the Walk she attended school in the LA area. But the Wheaton article says they went to be with the Jesus people in Chicago. Maybe they came back to LA later on.

kbyrne said, "When did it happen, where did it happen for me that it stopped being God's word and it was John's word? When was the line crossed?"

Something I jotted down from Why People Fall for Charismatic Leaders: "When you reinforce a very strong "us" a lot of group psychology will kick up. There's a lot of conformity, there's a lot of not questioning things because other people seem to be going along with it."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.