Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: May 10, 2017 07:22AM

lily rose -- I agree with you. I remember first going to the Valley church and it being "all so wonderful." There seemed to be a lot of love and joy. I think the more ill that John became, the more violent the intercession, and the more those around him were concerned that the whole thing would fall apart. There also seemed to be this message that we've got to protect John from everyone and everything around him, and Marilyn and others were there to do that, and not in a good way. When I left, fear had replaced that love and joy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 10, 2017 08:32AM

Sagehen-Yeah, it is good to get it out. That misapplied Jezebel label that was tossed around and used by the members was very hurtful to women. I remember once walking into the one of the communal homes and two guys were sitting in front of the TV rebuking the Jezebel spirit on the female TV news anchor. I threw a couch pillow at them. Your husband's discernment was amazing and it was good timing you left when you did. Do you know what ended up happening to Shaw? Did he leave or get fired?

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 10, 2017 10:01AM

kbyrne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the more ill that John became, the
> more violent the intercession, and the more those
> around him were concerned that the whole thing
> would fall apart. There also seemed to be this
> message that we've got to protect John from
> everyone and everything around him, and Marilyn
> and others were there to do that, and not in a
> good way. When I left, fear had replaced that
> love and joy.

Concern the whole thing would fall apart. The fear vibe was in the air. That could explain it. For some of us at Shiloh. Who felt chaos and confusion.

Sagehen, no need to keep it inside any longer.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: May 10, 2017 08:10PM

kBOY Wrote:
> LILY ROSE:
>
> Many years ago a couple of active members in TLW
> caught me filling up my 80 gallon trash can with
> 3+ decades of ThisWeeks, cassettes, CD's, and LW
> Volumes. Their outrage and incredulousness was
> met with a smile and no comment, as they started
> to rifle through it as fast as I could dump it in.
> Most of it ended up being offloaded and hauled
> home to buttress up their valuable collection.
>
> It was a WONDERFUL DAY in the neighborhood.

I had a whole set of the This Week volumes--One by one, I took them out to the barrel and threw them in. It felt good.

Posted by: Sagehen ()
Date: May 10, 2017 08:33PM

In answer to Lily Rose's question about what happened with Gordon Shaw and the churches he had I do not know for a fact what brought about changes because we left before it happened and no one would communicate with us about it, but I do know that his church and all the ones connected with it , from what I was told, disbanded. There was a lot of really bad stuff going on of a sexually, at Terrobonne, OR. I know about because one of my brother's and family were sent there from WY. and they told me about the goings on. WY. and Klamath Falls churches disbanded I have since had contact with a few from Klamath. I heard that Shaw died a few years after the churches fell apart, This was during a time JRS said he was going to clean house '79 early '80. I heard that from some tapes from the time frame.

Date: May 11, 2017 02:49PM

Sagehen and kbyrn- thanks for telling us about your journey and your insights. I asked Sagehen to talk about what she remembered from riding in the van cause I used to hear stories from van riders that JRS sometimes would talk about exotic things like UFO's etc. Things not fit for the pulpit. Most of the time though the van must have been just business as usual.

Do you guys remember learning in school about Harriet Tubman who started the Underground Railroad to lead the slaves to freedom. This forum is a kind of Underground Railroad to help those who are slaves to TLWF find their way to freedom.

Date: May 12, 2017 02:17AM

howmidoing Wrote:
> Mostly everyone one on this forum is from the JRS
> days and less the G&M days, am I right?

I think what filthy posted about being in both days may be about 50% of the current posters. The remaining from the JRS days. Doesn't seem there are many current posters who were only in the G&M days.

Did anyone go into the ministry after leaving? I was cleaning up my files and retrieved the following info I had previously noted when doing my research:

RD Conquist San Diego pastor and apostle once under JRS became involved with the First Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International.

Mel Bailey apostle who once pastored Anaheim under JRS moved into mainstream charismatic circles on the staff of Earl Paulk. Paulk was accused of sexual molestation and sexual misconduct.

Mark Virkler ( I don't recall him) connected with Thomas Reid's Association of Church Centered Bible Schools.

Georgia Kinyo from the JRS days (I don't recall her but think she was involved in the Vain Glory video) started We Care Ministries.

Francis Frangipane from the JRS days pastors a charismatic church in Iowa.

David Cokas from the JRS days and I think a brief time under G&M started and pastors his own church in the San Diego area. I think it's charismatic.

Michael Stuhler from Southgate was not a ministry under JRS but went on to Pastor an Assembly of God church.

I also read something that a Bob Jones (I don't recall him) was once part of the Walk and became involved and well known in spreading Latter Rain doctrines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 02:30AM by lily rose.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 12, 2017 04:20AM

Sagehen Wrote:
> I learned years after leaving in '79 that
> Shaw's churches all said I was a Jezebel and that
> my husband was to divorce me,but I do not believe
> this came from John because he spoke with me
> included that day in the van.
>
Anyone who questioned a prophet of God was thought to have a Jezebel spirit. Ministries in my church couldn't look a female in the eye. Fear of being seduced by some Jezebel lurking there. In retrospect. Laughable.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 12, 2017 04:24AM

* * * KOOL-AID ALERT * * *

"It’s Time For Us To Walk On Water!"
By Silas Esteves May 11th, 2017

[www.churchofthelivingwordniteroi.org]

"...let us silence all other voices that are contrary to the Word of God (TLW leadership)!"

"Today, we trust that we can walk on water because we are enabled by the blood of Jesus!" (YouTube confirmation to follow.)

- - - - -

"Today We Break Into the Cycle Of Blessing"
By Silas Esteves May 11th, 2017

[www.churchofthelivingwordniteroi.org]

"Tonight we broke through into a new level of presence in God." (Another new level?)

"Today we focus and dedicate ourselves only to the house of the Lord!" (Finally . . .)

- - - - -

P.S. The G-Man has been AWOL for more than a month, perhaps preparing for his Catholic ordination

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 12, 2017 09:32PM

kBOY Wrote:

> "It’s Time For Us To Walk On Water!"
> By Silas Esteves May 11th, 2017
>
> [www.churchofthelivingwordniteroi.org]
> 5/time-us-walk-water/

> "Today, we trust that we can walk on water because
> we are enabled by the blood of Jesus!" (YouTube
> confirmation to follow.)

What is walking on water going to accomplish? I suppose if it gets millions and millions of YouTube views, it could be a partial answer for the finances...you know, to help the 'Word' get out to the world. Is that the motivation?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.