Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: April 01, 2017 09:54AM

I still cross paths with current members on a regular basis. For most who have invested decades in the fellowship, it represents little more than a social-gathering organization at this point. The 'word' has been rehashed so many times, with no evidence of fulfillment, that any excitement over it has pretty much run it's course. What they are left with are relationships which now span decades, and few believe they could ever start over finding new ones out in the world.

Most of the fine folks still warming the cheap seats have little or no clue about most of the abuses that have been perpetrated on others. Lifting the skirts on APCO-level abuses would pretty much be discounted as 'fake news'. The river denial runs wide and deep on this issue.

TLW is probably going to continue it's slow decent into oblivion as many simply age-out and die, unless of course, they find success in picking off unsuspecting Catholic youth in Brazil to buttress up their ranks. But the Kool-Aid, as they prepare it, is hard to resist when you are young and clueless. That was our drink of choice when we were young and thirsty. After all, who can resist the promise of being the ones who will save the world?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: April 01, 2017 10:24AM

When I was seeing a psychologist after leaving TLWF, he said something that may be of interest to those of you who have had nightmares about things like earthquakes and tidal waves since leaving TLWF. He said the subconscious mind does not deal so much in words, but in images. The ocean is a picture of the state of your life. A sunny beach means life is good. Storms and waves indicate turmoil. Huge waves, like a tsunami, indicate the very foundations are being shaken. In my case, I was having nightmares about tidal waves that were higher than skyscrapers and mountains. There was literally nowhere to escape. Somehow, I was able to watch the storms from above, and not be destroyed. Often I just woke up.

The nightmares went from massive storms to medieval sword fights to being hunted by those who wanted to murder me. Eventually that all changed when I began to apply Jesus’ teaching and ignore the teaching of religious leaders. It certainly did not happen overnight, or without me looking to many other things for answers. I can only speak for myself, but there is way more life to Jesus’ teaching than a casual reading would first indicate. It is also very powerful answer right now – not just a belief system you hope will work out in the future. I’m actually very grateful for the LWF experience – I don’t know how I would have come into the life I have now without it. I also know my former belief system was not God.

I remember being fearful of God judging me for leaving TLWF, thinking He would take my life. In hindsight, there wasn’t much critical thinking involved, but I definitely was the victim of mind control the more I learned about it. Recalling the months of prayers by TLWF for judgement on Martha life, with no effect whatsoever, gave me hope. Well, something did happen – John died and Martha was left unscathed. Going back to the plumb line of Jesus’ teaching, we were commanded not to judge - and here TLWF was the instrument of “God’s” judgement – just the opposite of what he said to do. It really is a different spirit. Jesus said, “You know not what spirit you are of” when the disciples wanted to call down fire on those who they perceived to be their enemies.

However, we are commanded to look at the fruit to know if it is a good tree or a bad tree. Fruit takes a long time to grow – it may be years. If you take a good objective look at what John prophesied, nothing has happened – good or bad. Maybe that was really the zero with the rim rubbed out that he often talked about. On the supernatural side of things, it was all fantasy – no substance. On the natural side of things many lives were trashed – if you want to call that fruit – for the sake of a few that wanted to take the place of God in the lives of others.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: April 01, 2017 10:35AM

howmidoing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NickleandDimed Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > PBS News Hour is running a 5 part piece on
> PTSD.
> > It started yesterday.
>
>
> I couldn't find this on my local station/pbs
> website. If you happen to watch could you let me
> know if they advertise a way to buy the series? Or
> what the actual title is.
>
> Please and thank you!

"War on the Brain," correspondent Soledad O'Brien. The link (part 2) might not work for everyone. Depends on broadband connection.
[www.pbs.org]

At pbs.org website you can search PTSD brain. Much archived information there.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: April 01, 2017 03:07PM

Slandjt. I attended a couple of services in that metal barn. What a strange reunion indeed if it was made up of former Coniah members who still subscribe to LW teachings (a LWFB splinter group) rather than having a reunion for the sake of ordinary fun and friendship bonds made forty-plus years ago. If it is a group of LW sympathizers (which it seems) who still want to play the church game then I would be cynical also.

Thank you for your informative post.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: April 01, 2017 07:16PM

LR: I can't determine much of the content of those FB groups, since they are closed groups. Someone showed me their FB account and I read a bit of it. Definitely not pro-LW talk. But mostly war stories and old photos. I'm not a big FB person. Sorry I don't know more.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: April 02, 2017 02:56AM

kBOY Wrote:
> I still cross paths with current members on a
> regular basis. For most who have invested decades
> in the fellowship, it represents little more than
> a social-gathering organization at this point.
> The 'word' has been rehashed so many times, with
> no evidence of fulfillment, that any excitement
> over it has pretty much run it's course. What
> they are left with are relationships which now
> span decades, and few believe they could ever
> start over finding new ones out in the world.
>
kBoy, read your old post. When you left. You weren't shunned. Surprised.The culture (spirit) of your local church. Different from Shiloh, North Hills.

slandjt, like your post (honesty) about FB and Coniah. Appreciate your point about other paths to healing. Mindfulness can heal ptsd. Still sorting out my beliefs. Doesn't bother me when posters talk about Jesus. Knowing he doesn't require ass kissing ministries.

BenTHare, me too. Trying to be calmer. Kinder towards TLWF members.

howmidoing, FB so members can connect. Find old friends. Good idea.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 03, 2017 02:37AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
>>
> howmidoing, FB so members can connect. Find old
> friends. Good idea.

Yes to that. I enjoy relating to most everyone on the forum even if we don't share the same beliefs. But because this message board isn't about discussing our beliefs, I thought that possibly FB could be a place to do that. A number of posters have shared that while they follow Jesus, they don't attend church. Maybe there would be an interest in a secret FB page to share thoughts and insights into the red words.

BenThar: You mentioned in your discussion regarding Dad Stevens about things that were going down in Shiloh then. From a purely historical perspective, lol, I would be interested in hearing more about that if you feel comfortable talking about it.

Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: April 03, 2017 03:48AM

Music always makes me happy. Maybe this will help some.

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH LYRICS

"Lift Me Up"
(feat. Rob Halford)

It ain't no mystery
I'm all I have left
I'm pushing back and running you over

I've been thrown down run around
Beaten 'til I hit the ground
Telling you right now that it's over

There's no room for mistakes
All the parts are in place
Say what you will but say it to my face

Better back the fuck up
Better shut the fuck up
I'll do what I want and I'll never give up

I won't be broken
I won't be tortured
I won't be beaten down
I have the answer
I take the pressure
I turn it all around

Lift me up above this
The flames and the ashes
Lift me up and help me to fly away
Lift me up above this
The broken the empty
Lift me up

I'm gonna change history
Enlighten the world
Teach them how to see through my eyes

I'm gonna lash back check that
Fatal as a heart attack
Stomp out all the ugliest lies

You can't convince me to change
We ain't on the same page
I've had my fill now there's nothing but rage

Best get out of my way
'Cause there's nothing to say
Is that all that you got?
Because I ain't got all day

I won't be broken
I won't be tortured
I won't be beaten down
I have the answer
I take the pressure
I turn it all around

Lift me up above this
The flames and the ashes
Lift me up above this
The broken the empty
Lift me up

I won't be broken
I won't be tortured
I won't be beaten down
I have the answer
I take the pressure
I turn it all around

Lift me up above this
The flames and the ashes
Lift me up above this
The broken the empty

Lift me up to fly away
Lift me up to fly away
Lift me up

Date: April 03, 2017 05:59AM

Wrong Side of Heaven is another good one by this group.

Date: April 03, 2017 06:02AM

Remember Everything someone might like.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.