Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 04, 2017 11:23PM

Some things I recall:
He allowed intercession for him to go for years, where people prayed for him to breakthrough to 'resurrection life' since he identified himself as the "first fruits." He repeatedly said that everyone if the fellowship would benefit by making him the focus of their prayers. He insisted that the word he spoke would be the foundation of the Kingdom--and that "the word," his word, was the equivalent of scripture. He never denied being an "apostle"...and considered himself chief among the apostles in the fellowship. I recall endless references to him being "the apostle"--many with him present, agreeing to the designation.
BTW, the teachings in the fellowship, both by John and later Gary, would bring attention to the many denominations clouding God's intent for his people...but the solution always seemed be the need for these denominations to submit to the authority structure (Lordship of Christ) in the Walk/TLWF...which ultimately, in practice, was John--and upon his death, G & M.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: March 05, 2017 02:16AM

I recall, well, a service in Anaheim where HC stood up and yelled to JRS "Brother Stevens, you are The Christ".

JRS never corrected him or made a comment about it. In the inner circles, many people echoed what HC had said outloud. I never heard JRS correct anyone about this. To me, this was a line that got crossed.

Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: March 05, 2017 03:03AM

He didn't accept the title of being an apostle for many years. Sort of humbling when you think about it, to ask the people to pray for him. I think Jesus asked them to pray for him in the garden, but most of us were too stupid to think he needed anything. I still believe that resurrection life is still possible, but haven't seen it yet. John was a human and to think he was perfect is/was a huge mistake. There is no G & M anymore, because she died. I'm sad the way things went and all the hurt that happened to people.

I'm just surprised that Larry needed a Theologian to tell him that replacing Marilyn's name for God is idolatry. Like I've said before, I have about as much perception as a rock, but even I know it's wrong to do that.

To puddington:

Yes, I remember that and it was a very awkward moment for me also, but he was the only one that said it. I would bet John didn't like it, but those were some very weird time.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: March 05, 2017 04:17AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some things I recall:
> He allowed intercession for him to go for years,
> where people prayed for him to breakthrough to
> 'resurrection life' since he identified himself as
> the "first fruits." He repeatedly said that
> everyone if the fellowship would benefit by making
> him the focus of their prayers. He insisted that
> the word he spoke would be the foundation of the
> Kingdom--and that "the word," his word, was the
> equivalent of scripture. He never denied being an
> "apostle"...and considered himself chief among the
> apostles in the fellowship. I recall endless
> references to him being "the apostle"--many with
> him present, agreeing to the designation.
> BTW, the teachings in the fellowship, both by John
> and later Gary, would bring attention to the many
> denominations clouding God's intent for his
> people...but the solution always seemed be the
> need for these denominations to submit to the
> authority structure (Lordship of Christ) in the
> Walk/TLWF...which ultimately, in practice, was
> John--and upon his death, G & M.

Yes, recalling it all, too. Far more taped messages distributed about becoming flesh of Christ incarnate in the earth, resurrection life and divinity than, This Weeks. John taught the incarnating of Christ. Don't wait for Him to return. Take His authority now. Recently read Reflections From the Wall. Author mentions 1/16/77, This Week, The Right to Become. All about becoming Christ. Breakthroughs and revelation coming out of the inner circle (John's word greater than Scripture).

Southgate: John like Jesus didn't get along with men. Those would be the Pharisees. Jesus unlike John always let himself be QUESTIONED and CHALLENGED by those hostile to Him. Cult leaders don't allow questions. John wouldn't take questions or allow his teaching to be examined. John's excommunication turned him into a control freak.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: March 05, 2017 06:31AM

"Is Christ come in the flesh? And the issue is: Yes, Yes, He has.....You're claiming to be God. Of course we are." John Robert Steven response to accusations of blasphemy. Page 66 of "Reflections from the Wall."

"I am not a courier of Christ. I am not a messenger of Christ. I am a expression of Christ Himself in the earth." John Robert Stevens, SCP Sept 76 Newsletter.

Southgate I agree with Lampschamp's past post to you respecting your feelings about John. Hard to hear criticism about those you revere. Read "Reflections from the Wall." Eye opener. Just finished it last week.

Posted by: dmw1970 ()
Date: March 05, 2017 08:37AM

Anyone from the Fresno/Clovis Church?

Diane

Date: March 05, 2017 08:40AM

NickleandDimed, What I'm going to try and do is see if I can find these issues. I have lots of them and have read lots of stuff, and I believe some things were taken out of context. I know lots of things were said that sounded outlandish at times and I'm not saying all of it was correct or that I believed all of it. I just always felt that John loved me and others, and I know I was not a perfect person to say the least. I was not one of the inner circle people, or even a ministry. I'm not even saying that people weren't hurt. John was not Jesus or God. Things I've read says he didn't believe that either. He did believe that Jesus was going to come forth in us, but it was still Jesus and he was to get all the glory.

The main thing I would like to see is everyone that was hurt to be healed and not have any bitterness. Johns been dead since 1983 and that's a long time to be still hurt because of whatever happened. I know that's a hard thing to do, believe me. Maybe it's easier for me to feel this way because I never believed he was Jesus or God, but I've heard a few times people saying they thought he was.

Date: March 05, 2017 09:04AM

If I'm offending or pissing anyone off with my post please speak up. If anyone wants me to quit posting on here, please let me know also because I will stop. Maybe this does help some of you so I don't want to be responsible for adding to your pain.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 05, 2017 09:53AM

SouthGate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I'm offending or pissing anyone off with my
> post please speak up. If anyone wants me to quit
> posting on here, please let me know also because I
> will stop. Maybe this does help some of you so I
> don't want to be responsible for adding to your
> pain.

Nothing wrong with expressing yourself, even if most of us disagree with your take on John.
However, if you make any kind of positive remark regarding Celebrity Apprentice and/or Arnold schwarzenegger, then yes, you will need to stop posting!

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: March 05, 2017 10:59AM

> However, if you make any kind of positive remark
> regarding Celebrity Apprentice and/or Arnold
> schwarzenegger, then yes, you will need to stop
> postinng.

LOL. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.