Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: February 03, 2017 06:29PM

TheJewel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I never knew R.D. Cronquist except to see him
> sometimes at South Gate. He would put his chair
> right next to the pulpit on the platform and sit
> right in front of all the others on the platform.
> That always seemed strange to me."
>
>
> Yea RD definitely had a strange streak. I always
> thought he wanted to be on par with JRS in some
> way, which is what I suspect you were picking up
> on. He had a very flamboyant personality but was a
> few cards short of a full deck, IMO.
>

I also think I recall seeing or sensing some effort on RDC's part to emulate JRS.
One distinct memory I have of riding in his RV with him was that when he drove he constantly pushed the gas and let off, pushed and let off, leaving the passengers lurching forward and back. Very irritating!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: February 03, 2017 06:36PM

changedagain Wrote:
> Welcome, Ohman?
>
> Ohman? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow. New to this but amazing. Yep I'm a "blow
> out"
> > too. Bout '92 I left. Bet I know a bunch of you.
> I
> > wish you all well. I'm curious bout P Rick
> > Holbrook. When did he take his second child
> bride
> > Lorena? He should be do for an upgrade soon?
> > Anyone know when he married her?

Welcome Ohm,
I too am new here and I can tell you that trying to convey some thoughts and feelings in writing is much more difficult than one might think.
Anyhiw, I feel some bond to the "blow outs" here and hopefully you enjoy the BB. I find the term blow out and it's negative connotation to not quite fit the situation. I feel more like you have seen the light or perhaps grown beyond TLW in spirit and are able to see the truth. Either way, welcome back from the dark side!

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 03, 2017 09:40PM

> > Tmason:
>
> I will drop some lines on the map to outline the
> location. I will have to see if there is a way to
> share that map on the blog. Not sure how to do
> that.

That's probably rather difficult to do.

How about latitude and longitude numbers? That should work.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: February 04, 2017 02:14AM

Ohman? Wrote:
> Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm going to
> continue reading. But really, anyone know when P
> rick left Maria and went to Lorena? What's the age
> gap between Rick and Lorena? It was after Rick got
> caught cheating on Shannon with Maria that I left.
> Was wondering if it was the same kinda deal with
> Lorena.

Frankly on the one hand I could care less if John divorced and married M or G divorced and married M and R divorced and re-married over and over again. But on the other hand like you, I do have a morbid curiosity about the details. However, if I were a member of TLWF today I would be thinking to my self these pastors were/are a bunch of hypocrites. A while back I watched a Gary podcast and I believe Lorena was sitting on platform next to M. I felt really sorry for Lorena. She was born into that crucible and probably had no say in marrying R.

Thanks Invisible for your response and exchange. I know you weren't including Bob in those who had hearts of stone. It was along time ago but it helps me to speak about those who hadn't become jaded and deadened by the LW.

Thanks CA for your response and exchange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2017 02:25AM by lily rose.

Date: February 04, 2017 04:23AM

Ohman? in this post I am not defending Pastor RH's behavior; however, from the accounts that I remember that were second hand, his biological father was kind of a monster and if that DNA has played any part in his life we will never know. I remember Tammy (think that was her name) his first wife. When JRS ministered to her & R together he mentioned that Tammy had a school girl crush on R since her childhood. I remember Tammy as an sweet and empathic girl but little did she know what was in store for her. I suspect the other girls that Pastor R pursued were victims of the abuse of power that Puddington previously described (how could it not of been) and little did they know what was in store for them. What were the mighty LW seer prophets who approved these relationships with Pastor R thinking? Did they have discernment? I don't think so. Did they have the mind of the Lord? I don't think so. Were they looking out for the best interest of the girls? I don't think so. Pastor R was the son of the Lamp of Israel and I think that in itself explains the favoritism and nepotism showered on Pastor R. If I were in the TLWF today, I would be questioning such abuses of power and asking myself if this is really the kind of church to which God wants me to give my life.

Like you Ohman? I wasn't around later on so the above in the only 2 cents I can provide.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: February 04, 2017 08:16AM

Thank you tmason and lily rose
Rick was/is a monster driven by his ego. I know that first hand. He had his eye on all the young girls from early in his life.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: February 04, 2017 08:26AM

And tmason,
You said morbid curiosity. I have to disagree, I just enjoy seeing who has come over from the "dark side". ;)

Date: February 04, 2017 02:28PM

Invisible Wrote in Part:

I later - knew for myself that - the guilt I felt (as if I was forsaking the Lord ) by not entering into the relationship that the leadership of the church was leading the members to believe was a deeper way to be purely devoted to serve and worship God.

I later came to realize - for any man to use God's love for us, or to use our love for God, to get us to give up our life - so they could take
our life from us - was not of God.

God freed Jesus from the religious ideas that hindered a man from being able to freely relate to God Himself and to personally worship God both as His own God and Father.

Finding this in the Scriptures - was how I was able to continue on by faith - after I stopped participating in the church as a member of TLW church.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I (as did many others) had to fight so hard to survive, I appreciate reading the healing memoirs of your experience. Thank you.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 04, 2017 03:51PM

Tmason ---

Google Maps (Satellite Only) seems to use geo-coding (URI) ???? coordinates.

(This forum site won’t accept strange symbols for degrees, minutes & seconds so I’ve used some dots between the numeric values for longitude and latitude)

Okay.

Googling “Carp, Nevada” (normal, not maps or satellite) click on the Wikipedia Site. The map of Nevada on the right side has several lines of statistics under the map. On the line showing “Coordinates” is the linkable longitude and latitude: 37..06..43..N & 114..29..34..W. Clicking on these coordinates sends you to a ‘GeoHack site’ that lists near the top left the geo URI equivalent for Carp which is: 37.111944, -114.492778.

Elgin: 37..21..07..N & 114..32..09..W. Equivalent Geo URI: 37.351944, -114.535833.

On Google Maps (Satellite Only) in the search box in the upper left of the window type in 37.111944, -114.492778. Click the search icon and a little red balloon shows up on top of Carp.

Okay.

On Google Maps (Satellite Only) you can “Right Click” anywhere on the satellite map. A box should appear like this:

Directions from here

Directions to here

What’s here?

Search nearby

Print

Add a missing place

Report a data problem

Measure distance

Click on “What’s here?” ----- on the bottom of the screen for the Carp, NV area it shows:

Lincoln County
Nevada

37.111944, -114.492778 --- This is the geo URI coordinate for the specific place where you clicked.

Okay.

If this works the same for you on your computer, please post the geo URI coordinates for the abandoned settlement if possible.

Thanks, FCSLC.

PS. I know nothing. I used some terminology above that may not even apply to Google Satellite, but all that matters is if it works and gets the job done.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: February 04, 2017 10:55PM

Invisible wrote: "God freed Jesus from the religious ideas that hindered a man..."

I am reminded that the TLW (The Walk) uses the word "religion" in noun and adjective form as a pejorative. I had forgotten about that. There's nothing wrong with being religious if that is what brings you happiness and peace of mind. The word is merely a descriptor of one's spiritual practice when their aim is to more deeply connect with their deity of choice. TLW's use of the word has the principle effect of creating an air of condescension toward those pitiful, unenlightened philistines who are unfortunate enough to have missed the true revelation. (though one could easily argue they are the lucky ones).

Webster's Dictionary defines religion thus; "the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or
observance." What's so terrible about that?

Cults are fascinating creatures; cherry-picking various words to evoke cohesion of the faithful. Go figure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.