Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: January 28, 2017 10:37PM

I just wanted to add. I know a lot of crap went on over the years, and lots of it I don't understand. I'm probably not affected by a lot of it because I did not ask where to live or go to church or anything. John told me and wife after we got married he thought it would be a good idea to go the Anaheim. We did for a little while just to be submissive, but didn't like it there as much as South Gate, so we went back to South Gate without asking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: January 28, 2017 11:32PM

I know it has been a long time, but I recall the mine in Moapa as a silver mine, not gold. Wasn't it silver?

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: January 29, 2017 01:41AM

Never mind. I reread the Nichols paper. It was indeed gold.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: January 29, 2017 03:24AM

From the Nichols paper:

He (Paul Holder) was eventually convicted of felony grand theft in June 1978 for raising money for a mine that did not exist.

He was able to get away from this because Western Ore never really owned the property the mine was on. In fact, no one owned the property the mine was on. Holder had never really filed a claim on the land – just a 90 day "notice of intent to certify a claim" under sundry names (since it can only be done once under each name). In other words, the mine never existed to begin with. It was a big con job. Stevens was now out of luck, having only his prophetic living word to stand on.

Tmason you say tomato and I say potato. We agree to disagree.

Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: January 29, 2017 04:18AM

Lily,
I think we agree. I agree that the hippie, cult compound in the Nevada desert was not a Mine, as no ore was extracted.
That doesn't mean that there was no TLW members living in the desert thinking they were the beginning of a mine that never was.
Intent on the part of Holder or Stevens are anyone else simply doesn't enter into it for me.
Anyhow, we can move past this subject as I simply wished to share my childhood memories in the hopes that someone on this board may have been there and could comizerate.
I enjoy and respect everyones opion and feelings on this whole walk issue and I wish everyone the best.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: January 29, 2017 03:15PM

Hokey dokey, Tmason. I see your point 'bout where you're coming from. Growing up spent many vacations camping on the Colorado River with rattlers and scorpions so I enjoyed your humor in describing the LW mine fields. Cracked me up (oops bad spirit....scratch that).

Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: January 29, 2017 09:03PM

My name is Todd and I am a former Mind control victim.

Laughter is the best medicine even if it's at my expense! I am glad to help.

I find this forum intriguing and I don't know why.
Perhaps it's the voyeuristic quality of having so many reading your posts and knowing, even though they never comment, that it is in some way relatable to them. We all (humans) seek connection and a deeper meaning or purpose. This is the same quality that allows cons and scammers to take advantage of others.
Like many others on this forum I have been shunned by TLW because I took a spouse from the heathens on the outside. Well guess what? God sent me that gift and along with it the gift of being free from mind control central. 35 years removed and I have never been back and I won't be.
Living well is the best revenge so in that I sincerely hope that all of you are exceeding your wildest dreams.
The destruction of the spirit and soul (by Satan dressed as TLW) is a slow deliberate process and therefor the recovery must also be slow and deliberate in regenerating your god given talents and joyful, serving spirit. I know I loved my fellow congregants and the scam perpetrated upon all of us will fail miserably when we all let it go and live well in God's love.
My time at the euphemistic "mine" and my memories thereof are the point for me at which the real pain began and so going there and sharing those memories with an audience that can relate should be cathartic but isnt.
If you want to know about what happened in the desert in the early seventies you just let me know. Otherwise, I will seek that therapy elsewhere.
Best again,

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 30, 2017 12:24AM

Tmason (Todd):

Great post --- " Living well is the best revenge so in that I sincerely hope that all of you are exceeding your wildest dreams. The destruction of the spirit and soul (by Satan dressed as TLW) is a slow deliberate process and therefore the recovery must also be slow and deliberate in regenerating your god given talents and joyful, serving spirit."

Makes my day!! Thank you.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 30, 2017 01:22AM

Tmason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The destruction of the spirit and soul (by Satan
> dressed as TLW) is a slow deliberate process and
> therefor the recovery must also be slow and
> deliberate in regenerating your god given talents
> and joyful, serving spirit. I know I loved my
> fellow congregants and the scam perpetrated upon
> all of us will fail miserably when we all let it
> go and live well in God's love.

Well put

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: January 30, 2017 01:57AM

"I never knew R.D. Cronquist except to see him sometimes at South Gate. He would put his chair right next to the pulpit on the platform and sit right in front of all the others on the platform. That always seemed strange to me."

Yea RD definitely had a strange streak. I always thought he wanted to be on par with JRS in some way, which is what I suspect you were picking up on. He had a very flamboyant personality but was a few cards short of a full deck, IMO.

I once had an appointment with him for relationship counseling with a girl I was dating at the time. We got a few minutes together with him then he did a session with each one of us seperately. She later told me that at the finish of her "one-on-one" session, it got a bit more one-on-one than either of us expected. As she told it, he took her into a full body hug, told her he questioned her claim to virginity and told her "I could make it with you if I wanted". Of course I wasn't in the office to witness this but I tend to believe her account, although I was skeptical at the time.

I suspect this was more of the cold reading stuff that was prevelent in the group, an effort to trick someone into revealing something that he could then claim God showed him -- many even believing himself that god did.

Needless to say, The girl was a bit shaken by this, as was I. I remember having trouble believing her story at the time. After reading through all this stuff, I suspect there are more stories like this lurking out there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.