Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 17, 2016 08:40AM

<alcoholic hetereosexuals>

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: June 17, 2016 08:55AM

I am grateful for the gay movement and support it. I have never been anti-gay, but did not recognize that I had some remaining biases, which if gays had remained silent as a group, I would not have uncovered and tossed out of my thinking. I appreciate that they have helped me be a better, more compassionate person in that regard. Years ago it annoyed me that they were so visible and loud, but now I get it. I made the choice to listen instead, and I learned. From a religious point of view, it helps that I do not give a flying flip what the Bible says about anything, so that does not muddy the issue for me.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: June 17, 2016 09:22AM

The point I'm making, AD, is that one can fold up homophobia and hatred and bigotry with pretty bible pages as wrapping paper, then tie it all up with more pretty ribbons of scripture, but its contents are still homophobia, hatred, and bigotry.

It is not Christian compassion to render "ministry" to a gay man or woman in order to deliver them from a mental illness. The absurdity of that is glaring. Those types of ignoble acts are no more than a religious person trapped in their own narrow mindedness, denying another's humanity. Too often, we are aware of our shortcomings, our failures, our weaknesses, our prejudices; but we don't want to face them and muster the necessary courage to change, so we trumpet what we perceive to be others' faults in order to deflect and to avoid looking honestly at ourselves.

Isn't that part of what The Lord's Prayer was all about? self introspection? Or the whole chapter of I Corinthians 13? Hatred and prejudice is the much too easy path. Isn't it more worthwhile to stare our faults honestly in the face and do something about ourselves before we indict others?

Oh, and I'll take a pass on your backside.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: June 17, 2016 10:19PM

I am sure ONE can hide just about any motivation behind bible verses, the fact however is PBXGUY, I am not doing that. Your accusation that I am persecuting gays is a ridiculous assumption. Your issue is with the Apostle Paul, because I was merely point out that God often turns people over to a depraved mind, and they become homosexual. I gave the bible passages. I know that a lot of you on this forum do not believe the bible is inspired by God. I don't care what you believe. I do believe in God and I am not going to apologize for that. We will see soon who is right.

In the mean time, I won't talk to you and I would prefer you did not talk to me. You seem to be lacking in mental status to read what I wrote and think that I said anything wrong. According to the word of God there homosexuality if depravity. If you read over my posts again, you will see that I said that Christians that believe that homosexuality is more of a sin than other sins of the flesh are wrong in doing so.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: June 18, 2016 02:36AM

And there it is. "God often turns people over to a depraved mind, and they become homosexual." I appreciate the honesty, frankly, to just come out and say what Christianity believes, but which most Christians are too politically correct to say out loud. All homosexuals are depraved. Depraved. Because of some Bible verse. But I like this new twist, that God did it to them to begin with, and does it often. One would almost think that after God turns all these people over to a depraved mind they would become mass murderers or rapists, but instead they settle for having sex with their own gender, as well as living their lives as productive members of society. So--interesting choice by The Depraved, as well as The Lord of Hosts to make them depraved to begin with. I rejected Christianity and all religion years ago (no attempts to proselytize again please, assume I am very familiar with the religion, recall I was in the Walk, for Pete's sake), and one could make the same "depraved based on Bible verse" accusation for me. There are probably a lot more scriptures condemning me than gays. I am not depraved, as far as I can tell. Just for intellectual consideration--and not to offend--I find a certain dishonesty in people using the Bible to prove anything, because it serves as an avoidance to an exchange of actual information and thought, which does have value. The intent is to shut up the person that is disagreeing with you and end discussion, not to promote it. It is only useful if two people already agree. This is known. A discussion of opposing beliefs based on scripture virtually never goes anywhere productive. What does go somewhere is to dig a little, figure out what actually bugs you, and say it out loud. And it is so obvious with this issue. Just say it! "The thought of two men or two women having sex with each other grosses me out so much I feel compelled to do something about it." "Really? Because I think it is super, or--It does not gross me out, or--It does not gross me out to that extent." Then listen to each other and it goes where it goes. I say there can be a true exchange of thoughts relying on one's own brain. There is no need to open some holy book to communicate with, learn from, and argue with each other. By the way, I shall assume that everyone on our forum disagrees with me for religious reasons, but for the love of God, do not bother quoting scripture to me as a retort.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 18, 2016 03:14AM

Once many of us shared common ground in the Walk as believers in the Bible as the Word of God but since then, years later, we have arrived at different understandings of Bible authority, different meanings of the texts, or rejection of the Bible as the Word of God.

A few days ago a conversation began on homosexuality as it relates to restricting the participation in TLWF of Gay & Lesbian Christians. That conversation has turned into a debate if homosexuality is a sin or not a sin depending on whether one accepts the Bible as a book of authority that is God's Word or if one does not accept the Bible as the Word of God and believes the Bible is wrong. The conversation while an important one has gone off topic and would be better placed in another Internet forum about homosexuality and if it is a sin. I suggest we ask the Rick Ross moderator to intervene.

BTW, luv'd the Leviticus joke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2016 03:18AM by lily rose.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 18, 2016 04:55AM

I'm thinking this might be a good time to segue into a discussion about the presidential election. I don't think we could go wrong with either candidate.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: June 18, 2016 11:39AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure if I'm in alignment with scripture on
> this one, but I prefer kind, ethical gays over
> belligerent, alcoholic heterosexuals. Perhaps it's
> just because the former can't be ministries in
> TLWF.

If you go back and read my posts on this subject, you will notice that I said the opposite of what PXGUY accused me of saying. I said that it was wrong for Christians to condemn homosexuals more than others. He misunderstood completely and accused me. Look it's like this, most of you are just like you were in the Living Word Fellowship, you believe idiots like Gary and Marilyn, but you decide to team up on me, when this guy totally attacked me first. Changed I think you are the one that Gary threatend to slap your wife, but you bowed down like a gimp and took it. So I guess you need to feel like a big shot now on this forum. Tell you what, all you permanent cultist, I will proudly consider myself shunned. bye

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 18, 2016 12:37PM

AD:

I’ve posted 320 over 3678 posts to date which equals .0870038064165307 percent of the time. I would prefer that you not leave, but keep posting.

You stated, “Your issue is with the Apostle Paul.” In the past I used to Google “Jesus versus Paul” which brought up several interesting sites with much to say and much controversy. That’s where I learned Thomas Jefferson was piecing together his own Bible. I think your statement has much merit based upon things I once knew first hand but have forgotten.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 18, 2016 03:43PM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> changedagain Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm not sure if I'm in alignment with scripture
> on
> > this one, but I prefer kind, ethical gays over
> > belligerent, alcoholic heterosexuals. Perhaps
> it's
> > just because the former can't be ministries in
> > TLWF.
>
>
> If you go back and read my posts on this subject,
> you will notice that I said the opposite of what
> PXGUY accused me of saying. I said that it was
> wrong for Christians to condemn homosexuals more
> than others. He misunderstood completely and
> accused me. Look it's like this, most of you are
> just like you were in the Living Word Fellowship,
> you believe idiots like Gary and Marilyn, but you
> decide to team up on me, when this guy totally
> attacked me first. Changed I think you are the one
> that Gary threatend to slap your wife, but you
> bowed down like a gimp and took it. So I guess
> you need to feel like a big shot now on this
> forum. Tell you what, all you permanent cultist,
> I will proudly consider myself shunned. bye

1. Virtual communication is always subject to miscommunication. Google "email miscommunication" if you want to read about it.

2. I know I can't speak for changedagain, but I think you may have misinterpreted his post that you quoted above. I thought his reference to "belligerent alcoholic heterosexuals" was aimed at belligerent alcoholic LWF ministries including his Redland's church alcoholic pastor.

3. As FCSLC's post shows not everyone has teamed up on you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.