> about to surprise the world in many ways that is
> unimaginable to those unfamiliar with that last
> book of the bible, which is most of christianity,
> most bible teachers don't teach out of it, and for
> their own reasons. But we will see what we will
> see, it is what it is, and we are lucky, or
> unlucky enough to be right here in the middle of
> it.

Islam has it's own "cults" just like we do. In the case of ISIL they don't seem to be singling out Christians. They claim to be whacking "Infidels" And they seem to do it without any real regard to what kind, what's more, they seem to make up the definition on the fly (as the spirit moves them -- so-to-speak). It would appear that they have killed many more of their own religion than Christians.

It may well be that those guys "flip a bit" and start to focus on Christians at some point but they seem to be intent on killing each other at present. The goofball in Orlando appears to be a home grown nutcase who doesn't really appear to be that "religious".

my $.02 anyway :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: June 15, 2016 10:29PM

I've had a revelation. I now know the moment when the Kingdom of God will be manifest in the earth.

When Christians finally get it through their thick heads that homosexuality is not a sin, that gays are not going to automatically roast in hell, that they are purely and simply "people", not abominations.

When Christians finally begin to offer compassion to all, instead of only select groups of people deemed "worthy", then the Kingdom of God will finally be here.

So, keep waiting. Gonna be a long time before Christians will acknowledge that truth. My goodness, but I get so furious with Christians' self-righteous attitudes toward gays. It's not a psychosis, not a neurosis, not something that needs to be cast out, not demonic. Geez, but can't Christians just embrace people's differences?

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 16, 2016 03:05AM

The use of the term Christianity or Christians covers many diverse beliefs. Some Christians (the Walk and TLWF and other groups) believe that homosexuality is a sin; while, other Christian churches do not think it is a sin at all and welcome all sexual orientations. And some churches think it is not a sin if the couple are in a committed relationship. For the purpose of this forum discussion of the Walk, I observed that under JRS (the Walk) there were two men who I personally knew who were gay. One of the men received ministry from JRS and later married a woman and had two children. According to Factnet posts, that man and his family were exiled from TLWF after JRS died (although the posts were not clear if it was because the man previously received ministry from JRS for being gay.) The other man I knew who was gay also received ministry from JRS and he eventually worked under Marilyn at Shiloh before JRS died. I don't know what happened to him under TLWF. I hope he fared well. I have no personal knowledge of anyone being exiled from the Walk under JRS for being gay and I think it is unclear how many people were exiled from TLWF for being gay (other than Marty). I am certain the rejection could have been a very hurtful experience and may have been so damaging that some individuals never sought out a church that was accepting of all sexual orientations.

The belief in the endtime was such a thrust of the Walk teaching that I think it remains something that we still find ourselves sorting out and talking about. And again, within the broad term of Christianity, some believe we are in the endtimes and some do not. For myself, I have no idea but I sometimes I do like to hear the diverse options about it and how they differ from what the Walk taught.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2016 03:08AM by lily rose.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: June 16, 2016 11:41AM

I'm glad you clarified that for us Lily Rose. To me, I think that if it is in the word, that it is wrong, in fact, it seems to be something that is put on someone for being drpraved in the first place, and in mental health circles, until recently homosexuality was considered a mental illness, all that said, I don't think the church, any church should condeme homosexuals at all since they are open to just anbody and everybody else.

WHATEVER IT IS in the eyes of God and I am sure that after all is said and done He will have that final say about it, I personally think the homosexual MOVEMENT in the world today is part of the big more toward perverting and corrupting everybody the enemy can and to reject Christ in every sway possible.

That said, it is still something that people can get ministry for and can be delivered from and if that is the case, this is what a true ministry would offer, and not condemnation.

I once heard an old man, probably an apostle himself that was not affiliated with the Walk that always said "they are God's fish, let Him clean them." Meaning, we are to be in the business of doind the gathering, not the cleaning.

Right now we need to be doing what Jesus Christ is doing, no more and no less. Jesus, according to the word, is right now sitting at the right hand of the Father making intercession of all of us.

Date: June 16, 2016 07:53PM

I probably am going to get a rise out of some people over what I said in the last post, i will only point to Romans 1:18 to the end of the chapter. It seems that this is an historical pattern, at the end of empires, this seems to become more and more evident in those societies. Perhaps God does turn people over to a reprobate mind, when they worship the creature rather than the creator.

Worshiping the creature, rather than the creator, is also a pattern in the churches today, even as far back as our days under john Robert Stevens. when people deify a leader, that is worshiping the creature,(the leader) rather than the Creator, that the leader is supposed to be turning the people's attention to.

So yea, my opinion the bible is right, no matter what anybody would like it to be. I think God is going to show us all that it is His way or the highway.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: June 16, 2016 11:13PM

There are at least 50 scriptures in the bible regarding adultery. There are about 75 having to do with drinking. There are 6 scriptures with any reference to homosexuality. Six. Just six. But Christians never seem to condemn adultery or drinking with anywhere near the same venom. And those are only two paltry examples.
So, AD, What are we to think about adultery and alcohol abuse? Ticket straight to hell? Or what about lying? Or how about commandment 10? Covetousness is an indulgence enjoyed by humanity countless times per day! Hell, perdition, Hades, here we come, right?
I have, and have had (some have died) gay friends and family members who are ethical, loving, caring, thoughtful people who I would much rather interact with than those who are blindly committed to a misinterpreted ideology that is based only on fear or discomfort.
How about instead, we focus on the countless number of scriptures entreating us to compassion. How about Matt 18:21, Matt 14:14, or my all-time favorite, Matt 7:1-2 just to name a few. They are legion.
If there is such a thing as a final judgement, or Peter and his "pearly gate", or a final reckoning, or whatever moniker you place on the finality of death, I hope you are not judged, dear AD, for your particular sins as antiseptically and punitively as you have judged those who see through a different lens.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: June 16, 2016 11:59PM

DECLARATION

The final
judgment

will be the
declaration

WELCOME
BACK

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 17, 2016 01:52AM

Here a few quotes from the book of Leviticus. Just feel those reading the forum need their spirits uplifted a bit, and this should do it:

9 ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

11 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his father’s wife, he has dishonored his father. Both the man and the woman are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

12 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his daughter-in-law, both of them are to be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads.

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

14 “‘If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you.

15 “‘If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he is to be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

16 “‘If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

17 “‘If a man marries his sister, the daughter of either his father or his mother, and they have sexual relations, it is a disgrace. They are to be publicly removed from their people. He has dishonored his sister and will be held responsible.

18 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.

19 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the sister of either your mother or your father, for that would dishonor a close relative; both of you would be held responsible.

20 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his aunt, he has dishonored his uncle. They will be held responsible; they will die childless.

note: I would NEVER have sex with my aunt

Date: June 17, 2016 02:24AM

pbxguy,,

I think if you can get somebody to explain my post to you, you would holster your liberal rant a bit. But basically I don't like you and you can kiss my ass.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 17, 2016 07:37AM

I'm not sure if I'm in alignment with scripture on this one, but I prefer kind, ethical gays over belligerent, alcoholic heterosexuals. Perhaps it's just because the former can't be ministries in TLWF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.