Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: June 05, 2016 02:09PM

It seems that I heard that before, about a congregation walking out of the Walk, you say that it was at South Gate. I am curious as to what the circumstances was at the time this happened.

I know of someone else, a church that was in the Walk, in the South, where the congregation walked out on the pastor. Of course, in that situation, it may or may not have been after the pastor of that church was in the Walk. I think he had a church there before he was hooked up with the Walk, and I know for sure tha the had that church afterward.

What do you know about the congregation walking out Lily Rose?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 05, 2016 03:52PM

AD-Nichols "Reflection From the Wall," page 59 says JRS went through 3 congregations in the first 10 years of the Walk. Pages 29 and 53 discuss other rejections.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: June 05, 2016 07:54PM

HEADLINE NEWS: Satan Hijacks The Motherlode

"Stop Being Robbed Of God's Goodness"
June 4, 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

"This . . . exposes Satan's determination to keep us from receiving . . . God's goodness . . . in our lives."
" . . . Satan has been manipulating our circumstances . . . to paint a false image of God."
"Prophecy and prayer . . . will bring the goodness of God into our lives."

A return to the good ole 'daze' when there was a devil behind every fire hydrant. The only reasonable option, of course, is to beat our chest and assault the ramparts--only because it has worked so well in the past.

The actual robbery suspect is not the devil, but what is left of APCO and the tithes feeding the upward flow in order that the 'goodness' may flow back down.

Caveat emptor.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: June 05, 2016 09:18PM

kBoy – I love your line “good ole daze” – a classic expression of life in TLWF. I wonder how many people wandered for years trying to get a “revelation” so that things would finally make sense. It never was a revelation, but a good dose of deception that was necessary to be able to see life in the fantasy world as legitimate. “Not what I see but that which thou hath spoken O Living Word leaders (I mean Lord).” It's interesting watching the rewriting of history to cover faults - e.g. "I don't remember ever praying for Martha's death or John to rise from the dead after he died." Funny how the "holy spirit" directed both and neither happened - and now they just choose to forget.

I would contrast that with the teachings of Jesus that actually work and produce tangible fruit. When we obey His words, they fill up every area of life with good fruit and we are able to “taste and see that the Lord is good”, without any mistrust. We don’t have to pretend our way into something that deep down we know is not really true. The “upward flow” is going to thieves, not God. When the deception bubble pops, you feel so foolish for blindly following something that even someone in the world without God would have more sense not to do. It will be a sad day when people wake up and realize who walked with their money and years of their lives. Fortunately, God can, and will, restore what was lost.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: June 06, 2016 01:06AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FCSLC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > changedagain: -- "The TLWF Experience." What
> documentary could do this justice?
> > ------
> > “There must be some kind of way outta
> here.”
> > ---- “The Jimi Hendrix Experience/TLWF
> > Experience.”
> >
> > Lyrics from the song “All Along the
> > Watchtower” by Bob Dylan but strongly
> identified
> > with the Jimi Hendrix Experience cover.
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> __________
>
> The Jones Town tragedy aired on PBS's American
> Experience years ago and there have been other
> documentaries about a few other cults, but nothing
> on TLWF.
>
> Your comments got me thinking about the need for a
> "Cult Experience App" for young people like..."Are
> you drinking the Kool-Aid (blind obedience)?" The
> app could be designed so the user examines their
> cult experiences through prompts framed under all
> the cultish signs and red flags.

That is a very good idea Rose. It would also bring this treacherous phenomenon to the awareness of the app generation-- I would like to help on that. Maybe RR would be interested.

Date: June 06, 2016 02:20AM

When I was locating the page numbers in the Nichol's piece for AD, I came across something I had forgotten about which was Nichols comparison of the Walk's view of submission and obedience to the Nazi hierarchy structure. Nichols goes on to opine that JRS created this Nazi like hierarchy to ensure JRS didn't lose another congregation (after JRS previously went through three congregations.) I wonder how many folk received so called words of great concern (that may still haunt them to this day) that they had an independent spirit (not obedient) and this coming from the king of the independent spirit. How twisted this all became as folk received words to divorce (God hates divorce), split up parents and children (God say honor your father and mother), and worship leaders (God hates idolatry.)

SUBMISSION: Is the accepting the control or authority of another, being obedient and compliant to those over you in the Lord. Ephesians 5:21 to 6:9 and Hebrews 13:17 teach the New Testament pattern for submission to divinely appointed authority in the home and in the church.
It is no accident that Stevens picked the words "control" and "compliance" to describe the role of both the person in authority and the person under authority. While the Scriptures, of course, call for a type of obedience to those over you in the Lord, it is certainly no manifesto for absolute obedience, the kind that Stevens is calling for. After all, every believer is ultimately responsible to God alone. A system of total obedience to those over you completely undermines this Biblical principle, leading ultimately to the Nazi ethic of innocence in the light of obeying orders. The Nazi ethic and the type of totalitarian obedience Stevens has in mind is an analogy that should not be lightly dismissed.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: June 06, 2016 03:26AM

Lily Rose said:
. A system of total obedience to those over you completely undermines this Biblical principle, leading ultimately to the Nazi ethic of innocence in the light of obeying orders. The Nazi ethic and the type of totalitarian obedience Stevens has in mind is an analogy that should not be lightly dismissed.

Hence, the words on the tape that I heard, the ones that made me wake up and smell the coffee, when JRS said something like : When you submit to an elder, even if the elder gives a bad word, God blesses you for your submission."

Now think about the girls that murdered for Charles Manson, of course they went to prison for their crimes, but according to JRS, God honors their submission.

BTW, thanks Lily Rose for those page numbers, I remember now, that is where I heard about the the churches walking out on Stevens.

That makes a lot of sense, that principle may be at work even now, and certainly through the Gary/Marilyn totalitarian reign, that may be why people can see their family members and friends thrown out and still remain loyal.

I feel like doing this, it is time that we see that lie broken, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, THE LORD REBUKE THAT SPIRIT THAT IMPRISONS THE MINDS OF HIS PEOPLE.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: June 06, 2016 03:55AM

BREAKING NEWS: The Body Of Christ Destroys God

"Sons Burdened For The Fathers' Broken Heart"
June 5, 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

"Adam and Eve's disobedience broke God's heart and caused Him to subject creation to futility."
". . . there was nothing they could do to fix the consequences of their sin."

It was double-down time on guilt. Not only have we been a monumental disappointment to our Creator, but we have even achieved the ability to destroy God with our disobedience. The least we can do is bite down hard on the cyanide pill and release all creation from the memory of us altogether. That way we will no longer be an impedient to bringing forth the Kingdom.

Hasta la vista, baby.

Date: June 06, 2016 04:21AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lily Rose said:
> . A system of total obedience to those over you
> completely undermines this Biblical principle,
> leading ultimately to the Nazi ethic of innocence
> in the light of obeying orders. The Nazi ethic and
> the type of totalitarian obedience Stevens has in
> mind is an analogy that should not be lightly
> dismissed.
>
> Hence, the words on the tape that I heard, the
> ones that made me wake up and smell the coffee,
> when JRS said something like : When you submit to
> an elder, even if the elder gives a bad word, God
> blesses you for your submission."
>
> Now think about the girls that murdered for
> Charles Manson, of course they went to prison for
> their crimes, but according to JRS, God honors
> their submission.
>
> BTW, thanks Lily Rose for those page numbers, I
> remember now, that is where I heard about the the
> churches walking out on Stevens.
>
> That makes a lot of sense, that principle may be
> at work even now, and certainly through the
> Gary/Marilyn totalitarian reign, that may be why
> people can see their family members and friends
> thrown out and still remain loyal.
>
> I feel like doing this, it is time that we see
> that lie broken, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, THE LORD
> REBUKE THAT SPIRIT THAT IMPRISONS THE MINDS OF HIS
> PEOPLE.

Yes. I want to clarify that even though I stated in my above post that God hates divorce, I don't think that all divorce is wrong or as some might say an unpardonable sin. My point was/is that divorce should not be regulated by apostles, prophets, or pastors. My friend (the one who had the JRS arranged big fat wedding) divorced but it was his and his wife's decision. THey never fell in love and married because they were brainwashed to be obedient to JRS. They went through a guilt trip for while but said it was the only decision upon which they both ever agreed and after they divorced each began experiencing healing from the mind control.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 06, 2016 08:32AM

kBOY Wrote:

> "Adam and Eve's disobedience broke God's heart
> and caused Him to subject creation to futility."
> ". . . there was nothing they could do to fix the
> consequences of their sin."

>
> It was double-down time on guilt. Not only have
> we been a monumental disappointment to our
> Creator, but we have even achieved the ability to
> destroy God with our disobedience.

I'm going to call Gary and suggest I could so some free maintenance work on one of his homes. Perhaps this will get him out of his present funk, and he will let up on the people...at least for a while. They really need a break, and I'm feeling pretty energetic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.