Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 05, 2016 06:42AM

I really wasn't comparing the Catholic church to the Walk, saying one was more or less of a cult, I was showing that the Walk did the same thing as the Catholic church in viewing their leader as perfect and infalable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 05, 2016 08:05AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really wasn't comparing the Catholic church to
> the Walk, saying one was more or less of a cult, I
> was showing that the Walk did the same thing as
> the Catholic church in viewing their leader as
> perfect and infalable.

Oh I know---I guess you could call any group that focuses and deifies a leader--that is for sure. But the kind of damage we see is hidden away in a dark crevice where the catholics are more visible and most people are basically happy--in terms of their local parishes.

Sorry--I just was thinking about how much safer a person is--even in a large denomination or the catholic church these days. It is like the dark ages still exists when any man can control people to the degree we have been controlled.

Yea==I get it. I suppose I was thinking more in terms of the harm it causes--which Is not because it is a cult--but because the leaders are corrupt plus it is a cult.

And exponentially we have contributed nill to the number of unsaved and nill in any charity cause and nill in contributing to the community and nil in terms of having healthy truly happy homes and as far as young people--hey there should be more -- not less people given the number of marriages and children.

Date: March 05, 2016 08:35AM

Yea, it really blew my mind when I suddenly got the urge to look up Vicar of Christ and I realized that is exactly what we did, deify the leader. Of course JRS hinted that there would be a thousand that would outminister him, and we played around with the idea that we all were "Christ in the Earth," but really, how well did all that work out. it evolved to the point there was "Christ in the Earth," and the little people.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: March 06, 2016 09:15AM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
>
> The Catholic religion is mainstream and
> historical. The only danger it poses is in the
> form of "perverts". I never heard of anyone from
> catholism having to keep their mouths shut and
> that the only place they can communicate is on a
> private anonymous discussion board.
>
> The rules of excommunication in the Catholic
> church is clear and up front-people know those
> rules before they are confirmed. It is a religion
> that for the most part does good. I would rather
> have raised my children as Catholic instead of
> this horror story of a church TLWF---where
> everything is secret and the rules change as fast
> as Marilyn could change outfits. And marriages
> and families are at risk of extinction.

Not buying it. Those guys have hurt a lot of people, damaged countless numbers of lives and they swept it all under the rug (moving offenders around etc.) until someone finally blew the whistle. Then in order to avoid paying the piper in terms of lawsuits etc., the shuttled finances into coffers that were untouchable etc. Sound familiar?

No, I wouldn't give the Catholic Church a pass at all and would never allow my children (had I had them) to be raised in such a dangerous, guilt driven environment. I honestly can't imagine any way that they would come out better for having had the experience.

To be honest, I would be hard pressed to think of a church, I would want to "raise kids" in. It would have to be pretty "progressive" and open minded.

Date: March 06, 2016 12:40PM

Well whichever is worse, the Walk or the Catholics, Gary wants to join them together.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: March 06, 2016 02:23PM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
> Well whichever is worse, the Walk or the
> Catholics, Gary wants to join them together.

Yea, that was what inspired my original comment -- perhaps they are a logical match.

I want to make one thing clear, some of the most spiritual and committed Christian believers, I have met, I met in TLW. The thing may be bad but not all the people are bad. The same can be said for Catholics (and probably any other religious group). It is funny though that I know many people who feel like they "survived" their Catholic experience which is very similar to those here who have left the walk.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 06, 2016 09:09PM

I might have discovered the root of the problem . . . we were stinking selfish:

[www.al.com]

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 07, 2016 12:23AM

The most recent version of insanity:

"Find a Word, believe it, and prophesy it until you see it come to pass."

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 07, 2016 02:11AM

kBOY Wrote:
> The most recent version of insanity:
>
> "Find a Word, believe it, and prophesy it until
> you see it come to pass."

>
> [www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

Ya think? This is very dangerous for some people who may be dealing with dire situations and facing despair in their lives---it is because you need to hear the current word--more more--here are some old words --more more--listen--live it breathe it---because it may be the only meal you get--spend your last quarter because this word may be the one word you need that will change everything. Hang on to it, you gotta get this---if you don't it may well be that you have lost your walk with God--let me teach you how to walk with God because you people are pathetic and you need me.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: March 07, 2016 03:04AM

kBOY wrote: “The most recent version of insanity.”

-----------------

And impartation of anxiety!

Have you ever said to yourself, “If the Creator wants to save me then so be it, otherwise I’m done worrying about it?”

Do statistics show any relationship between sales of anti-depressants/anti-anxiety pills and these modern day current words from the pulpit?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.