> old Living Worder, he is busy getting his sermons
> out for people to hear. Why is Living Word not at
> least posting messages on Youtube, such as
> messages by John Robert Stevens and even Gary
> Hargrave, or any of them, nothing is going to the
> public and it is very inexpensive. If you could
> pay Gary and Marilyn hundreds of thousands of
> dollars, surely you could spend a few bucks to
> make the Living Word available to everyone.

I would start with a Sunday morning Feast message which he started by chastising an absent Dan Statton (whom he ministered to the previous day, stating that he was no longer worthy of being a ministry), and then admitted to wanting to punch a woman (my wife) for questioning him about it. I predict that recording would get thousands of enthusiastically positive comments.
--"The Lord has certainly returned, and He is not messing around!"
--"Women need to be punched every now and then to keep them in line. Read the New Testament people!"
"Whom Lord Loveth, He Beats the Hell Outeth! Preach on, Reverend Hargrave!"
"Where can I send all my savings? Please provide an address!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: February 17, 2016 10:16AM

While you are in TLWF, you tend to assume it’s normal to have sermons sanitized by the legal department and whoever else, thinking it’s to protect personal references. Once you connect with other churches, you begin to realize nobody else does that. When you have nothing to hide, it is totally unnecessary. If you have to clean up what you say about people, maybe you shouldn’t say it in the first place - if you actually love them. Most churches of any size live stream their services and anybody can watch who has an Internet connection. As mentioned, it’s very cheap and you can also ask for offerings if you want – even take credit cards.

I think this site has done much to shout from the rooftops what has been whispered in the ear. I suspect many of the current members, especially the younger ones, think some of the old timers who have left are just making this stuff up because TLWF has changed their look to appear more mainstream. Praying for the death of detractors is not nearly as popular as it once was – especially when it never worked.

I’ve talked with some who have attended services in my area and they describe them as somewhat charismatic with a focus on basic Bible teaching. It takes a few services before you realize something is amiss. It was not that long ago that if you were bringing a word you had to be prepared with two – one for insiders and another if there were any guests. I recall one of the leaders saying that they no longer needed to read their Bible because they now had a “living epistle” that carried more weight. If you would have known the “living epistle” you would have run back to your Bible.

Within the group the deception is covered over under the guise of not wanting to stumble those without a revelation. Outside the group, it is just a scam to cover up the evil motivations of the leadership who demand submission of their followers while refusing to submit to anyone they cannot control outside of their group. There are plenty of mature leaders in the Body if their motives were really pure and they legitimately wanted some accountability. The fact that you talk to a few hundred leaders does not legitimize you. My former senior pastor talked to tens of thousands of pastors from all over the world. You may remember the name - Ted Haggard. He lived without oversight- enough said. You can make up whatever you want when you are following a ghost – as long as the people in the white coats don’t find out about it. I know as a Nephilim channel (even though I don't recall sex with aliens) I don’t carry much weight with TLWF, but those teachings of Jesus are incredible if the ghost thing doesn’t work out.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: February 17, 2016 11:55AM

I remember when you had to have a TLW "security clearance" of sorts to be able to get "restricted" tapes (or to check them out of the tape libraries). I can imagine now days getting e-mails from these guys that are "redacted" like from the CIA.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 17, 2016 11:28PM

I became so weary of being pressured to listen to 'mandatory' recordings...the subject matter usually involving some person of significance that had a falling out with Marilyn and Gary, and the latter's explanation of what went down, and how we were now to relate, or not relate, to this individual. I pretty much lost track of how many people were guilty of violating the pure atmosphere. Today, maybe I would keep a blacklist of sorts in my bedroom, listing all of their names (accompanied by a picture)...perhaps rating them by perceived level of threat. Anyone that had sex with an alien would be taken very seriously.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 17, 2016 11:37PM

The TEN MOST UNWANTED would be on a rotational basis due to varying threat-levels.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 17, 2016 11:42PM

I recall that some of these people that had been guilty of violating G&M's pure atmosphere would be put on a program of being sent to coventry. Shunned in place. I recall Marilyn saying "we've sent them to their room. They can't be with the family right now".

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 18, 2016 12:11AM

The 'love' only a mother could give--punishment rather than correction.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: February 18, 2016 01:20AM

RE: Restricted tapes

Here is the way I remember it.

Restricted tapes were a different matter, than tapes being rated with one to five stars.

Tapes marked restricted were for the apostolic ministries and pastors.

The funny thing about it is - that every one present at a service - any and all of the members who were present at a service had already heard what was spoken at a service , that was recorded and later marked restricted.

So it really was never designed to exclude any member from hearing what was spoken at a service. It was started to ear mark which services were most important for the ministries to hear.

If I remember correctly - a pastor could determine if he wished his congregation to hear a tape marked restricted. John left it up to the pastors of the outlying churches what messages a pastor wanted his congregation to hear.

It was my understanding that the label "restricted " was designed to alert the apostolic ministries and pastors about what tapes they should be sure to listen to - if they weren't present to hear the message that was brought at a service.

"Restricted labeled tapes," were automatically sent to the pastors of outlying churches, to pastors who requested they be sent the restricted tapes. ALSO- those doing the mailing of the tapes knew which tapes were to be sent out to those who had a standing order for the restricted tapes.

Pastors could order individual tapes - and the star rating was the way a pastor could determine which tapes he wanted to order. With 5 star being deemed as the best or more important of the messages brought.

Restricted and 5 star tapes were considered to be the most important sermons or messages that John wanted the ministries to hear. It was a part of a net work of communications being built - from John to the ministries.

Purchasing tapes was not a requirement - labeling a tape with the word restricted or a star rating was started as a way, for the Pastors to determine which tapes they wanted or could afford to buy. with-in their own budgets.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: February 18, 2016 02:37AM

Invisible --

Yea, that is pretty much how I remember it as well. Thanks for the detailed clarification.

It was definitely a situation of "what you could afford" in terms of the tapes. I remember having a "4 star" subscription at one point or another. If you decided to take everything available, it was a lot of money. The tape libraries were very useful in that regard.

Jewel

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 18, 2016 03:14AM

And then the 5-star rating got topped by the "RL" rating which stood for "Recommended Listening", as I recall.

So if you wanted the top-dog tape for a given series, you'd buy the 5-star, RL tape.

But I also recall seeing 2-star tapes with an RL on it too.

Yikes, amazing what you remember. I'll blame it on the "Lamp Ghost".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.