Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 14, 2016 07:37AM

LB:

This thread inevitably leads back to the Holy Jim Canyon revelation/hallucination that set the tone for the entire TLW culture--one of fear and control. Many directions the fellowship has taken over the decades has stood on the basis of ‘taking our word for it’, regardless of the consequences.

Receiving direction from the ‘cloud’ or in the flesh has mattered not. The simple ‘submit or be dealt with’ mentality has been the status quo from the start, and will not likely see any significant ‘upgrades’.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: February 14, 2016 08:07AM

Debra --

Thanks for the post. It sounds like you discovered a bit of the same thing that I have discovered (which prompted my earlier "P" word comment that drew some fire for some reason). I don't understand why I need to be "converted" or why I have to believe a certain way even if it is the "accepted mainstream way".

I have never really understood why the "Evolution" thing has been an issue for Christians, I have never thought it was a conflict of faith to believe in Evolution (or any other science, for that matter). As 40years... said, I respect their right to believe whatever they want but they don't have a right to make ME believe whatever THEY want. They cannot prove their point and I cannot prove mine so intelligent and mature individuals should be able to "agree to disagree" but that just don't work for some so the relationship cannot continue.

I think that some people personalize their religion too much and by that I mean that if someone has chosen a different path, some seem to take that as a tacit statement that they are wrong (maybe it is, I don't know). Over the years I have seen this manifest in a large diversity of "religious arguments": Chevy/Ford, Apple/PC, iOS/Android, Canon/Nikon, Cats/Dogs.... the list is endless. It seems to be a basic human nature thing but it seems to become hugely amplified once "God" is involved.

Funny that you picked a "liberal episcopal" church. Do you think you had sort of a "liberal" leaning while you were part of TLW? I certainly did, that's what got me in trouble -- I asked too many questions :-).

I'll shoot you an e-mail and tell you who I am -- We might know each other. I was there (the first time) from '69 to '71.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: February 14, 2016 11:00PM

DebLounsbury, and

kBOY,

I sent you both a PM.

best,
Ron

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 14, 2016 11:45PM

larry bobo Wrote:

> I just heard the third example of someone looking
> for Marilyn’s input and blessing in their life
> after she had died. None were in leadership, just
> regular people. Obviously, there must be some
> sort of teaching along these lines.

Yes, I've heard Gary has been conferring with her, and she appears to have more spunk than ever in dictating how things should go. Again, if anyone within TLWF is reading this, and feels her present role has been misrepresented on this board, feel free to share your viewpoint.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 15, 2016 11:31PM

larry bobo wrote:

> I just heard the third example of someone looking
> for Marilyn’s input and blessing in their life
> after she had died. None were in leadership, just
> regular people. Obviously, there must be some
> sort of teaching along these lines.

----------------------

Isn’t this just a repeat from the beginning when the “Word” became flesh, hung out for a while and then returned to the invisible “Word” form? The invisible “Word” form exists from eternity past to eternity future. Why not learn to get guidance from that which always exists instead of these temporary avatars. I guess some people go for the personality cult rather than spiritual enlightenment. Who’s to say, each to his own when there might be options (heavy on ‘might be’).

Date: February 15, 2016 11:33PM

I can say this is correct Changedagain and Larry Bobo. I have heard several of Gary's CD's where he is saying this, and it will be "status quo" with the church moving forward under both he and Marilyn working together.

Kinda scary.

Date: February 16, 2016 01:14AM

Unapologetic Apologetic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can say this is correct Changedagain and Larry
> Bobo. I have heard several of Gary's CD's where he
> is saying this, and it will be "status quo" with
> the church moving forward under both he and
> Marilyn working together.
>
> Kinda scary.

Wow, this thing just gets weirder add weirder. What's next, ... Darkened room, crystal orb, hands on the table? Hmmm.... That reminds me, I haven't watched Beatlejuice in a while.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: February 16, 2016 01:20AM

From ancient history to the present, those that pretend they can offer access to beyond the veil have controlled the lives of those who suspect there is something more than this life. Christianity is no exception. We all have to decide who we will believe after considering the evidence. Jesus’ resurrection carries weight with me – something no other spiritual leader has been able to pull off - though some have said they could, including John. I had several spiritual experiences while in TLWF that in hindsight I would say were deceptive – more like science fiction than sensing God’s presence. Deceptive visitations were happening even in the early church, and Paul warned about them – even though he had heavenly visions himself. I’ve found the greatest safety in the teachings of Jesus and as a result refusing to dabble by unauthorized means in the spirit realm.

I could not help wondering if Marilyn is going to get back together again with John in the spirit realm or stick with Gary. Maybe she’ll do both, now that she doesn’t have fleshly limitations! I know what Jesus taught about marriage in the afterlife, but apparently it doesn’t apply to Gary and Marilyn - they are still carrying on their relationship. I also wonder what will happen when Gary tires of a ghost and wants a flesh and blood wife again – will the teaching have to change again as it has so many other times? Will Marilyn give him permission to move on with his life? It might be a tad creepy knowing you’re being watched by a ghost while you do the things husbands and wives do. Did Marilyn die because of the disobedience of her sons and can this be rectified by a greater obedience to Gary? Stay tuned! “O what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.” Do you think we will find the answers to these questions and others on the sanitized website or will it be restricted listening so someone with common sense doesn't hear it and bust out laughing?

Date: February 16, 2016 03:14AM

Yep, I can see it now, the janitorial staff undergoing hazmat training to learn the proper handling and disposal of ectoplasm.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 16, 2016 03:23AM

UnAp:

If it is, as you say, that the official 'pulpit' line is that TLW is now being directed from both the 'cloud' and 'ground control', the sheep will once again be faced with caveat emptor--let the buyer beware. Those who drink, will drink, but there may also be those who choose to finally sober up.

I guess this forum will have to suffice for C.A. (Cult's Anonymous).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 03:24AM by kBOY.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.