Date: December 23, 2015 07:49AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We made a semi-public display of the disposal of
> our TLW material, which upset a few of the
> faithful who happened to catch wind. They
> actually dumpster-dove to retrieve some of the
> 'treasures'.

Yeah, I retrieved the book 'The Shape of Things to Come'--which contains the vision John had of the Kingdom which arrived in 1979.
What a treasure!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 24, 2015 01:01AM

I am taking a break from Christmas now, I know that sounds crazy but what the hell. it is what it is. I have made amends with family members, as far as I am concerned I decided this Christmas have made up my mind to forgive. It might offend some reading here, but I have made this step by the Grace of God. It's a very freeing thing, to forgive.

I might even call LWF and wish them a merry Christmas, although I will tell them I was thinking about going and prophesying against the Christmas truck. I might still do that, there is time, I could get a flight. But no, I will stay here and see my grand kids. Besides, I am glad they got out of the insanity of the 2nd generation, i hope they they all have a real joyous Christmas, and have the breakthroughs with the Lord that I am. I say let them have a church, even if it grew out of crapy, maybe that crap that was the second generation (*I only speak for myself) maybe that crap the LWF grows out of will be a fertilizer for them. Ameen

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 24, 2015 01:41AM

A.D.

Congratulations on your decision to FORGIVE. FORGIVENESS is not so much for others as it is for ourself. Judgment is a heavy burden to bear, and not something we were meant to shoulder.

As far as the Xmas truck is concerned, it is best to let sleeping dogs lie. Why ruin an experience of FREEDOM by shouldering another load.

Your focus on the family is well placed, remembering of course, that family is where we find it, bloodlines and beyond.

Seasons Greetings to you and yours.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 24, 2015 05:30AM

I'm not going to be the one responsible for bringing judgement upon the Xmas truck, and possibly depriving Denzel Washington of a Merry Christmas. That burden will not rest upon me!

Date: December 24, 2015 11:05AM

LampShmamp,

Where I am at, it is still lile that- no sympathy, compassion. And I have heard that phrase "Going though it" way too many times.

I have distanced myself over the last year from the church, and am happier for it. But my next step is learning how to get my spouse going in the same direction. They were raised in this. Anyone have any suggestions?

LampShmamp Wrote:
> I call Godwin's Law on Apostle Dog. For those of
> you not familiar, google it.
>
> Also, Apostle Dog, you bring up a point that I
> still have sadness about, and that I still see in
> the walk. To not show compassion, pity, sympathy,
> remorse towards each other, was a terrible
> mistake. Walking around judging everybody, and
> ignoring those in pain caused great suffering.
> They--we--thought that more suffering would equate
> to a more pure vessel for the kingdom, and would
> deliberately pile it on some individual until they
> just about cracked. Then we would blame it on
> "warfare." He's "going through it" was a common
> phrase. So we might pray for that person. But if
> someone's pain was identified as a regular old
> problem, even if it was caused by the walk, it was
> strictly hands off, do not give that person
> sympathy. And these were people we loved. I
> regret having that attitude for even one moment.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 24, 2015 11:02PM

UnAp:

This is very sensitive ground in which much care need be taken. If you value the relationship with your wife over her own stepping back, you may have to accept the fact that this may be your decision but may never be hers. The best way to approach this situation is the old ‘emphasize the positive and minimize the negative’, meaning, simply allowing her to see how happy and free you feel without ever attacking anything she may still value in TLW.

I exited the fellowship over three years ahead of my wife and never once pointed out to her anything wrong with the church. She witnessed how expansive my life became after leaving, finding new friends and involving myself in other fields of interest, all the while maintaining our relationship and continuing to go out with TLW friends who would still fellowship with us because of her continued involvement. A successive series of events unfolded which culminated in my wife having her own ‘critical mass’ moment, where she also decided to exit the fellowship.

It is important to point out that this was only our experience--others did not fare so well. Many church-exits led to relationship-splits that ended in ‘crash & burns’, some quite ugly, which is why great care must be taken if you value your marriage. Continue to explore your freedom without ever making it an issue, and avoid at all costs, justifying your decision to leave or questioning her decision to stay. If she loves you more than the church she will honor your decision, as hard as it may be for her, and your own freedom and happiness ‘may’ be enough to woo her off the reservation.

There are no guarantees in this situation. The Kool-Aid has been coursing through the veins a long time. Tread lightly with a smile and not a smirk.

Date: December 24, 2015 11:17PM

Wise advice...

kBOY Wrote:
> UnAp:
>
> This is very sensitive ground in which much care
> need be taken. If you value the relationship with
> your wife over her own stepping back, you may have
> to accept the fact that this may be your decision
> but may never be hers. The best way to approach
> this situation is the old ‘emphasize the
> positive and minimize the negative’, meaning,
> simply allowing her to see how happy and free you
> feel without ever attacking anything she may still
> value in TLW.
>
> I exited the fellowship over three years ahead of
> my wife and never once pointed out to her anything
> wrong with the church. She witnessed how
> expansive my life became after leaving, finding
> new friends and involving myself in other fields
> of interest, all the while maintaining our
> relationship and continuing to go out with TLW
> friends who would still fellowship with us because
> of her continued involvement. A successive series
> of events unfolded which culminated in my wife
> having her own ‘critical mass’ moment, where
> she also decided to exit the fellowship.
>
> It is important to point out that this was only
> our experience--others did not fare so well. Many
> church-exits led to relationship-splits that ended
> in ‘crash & burns’, some quite ugly, which is
> why great care must be taken if you value your
> marriage. Continue to explore your freedom
> without ever making it an issue, and avoid at all
> costs, justifying your decision to leave or
> questioning her decision to stay. If she loves
> you more than the church she will honor your
> decision, as hard as it may be for her, and your
> own freedom and happiness ‘may’ be enough to
> woo her off the reservation.
>
> There are no guarantees in this situation. The
> Kool-Aid has been coursing through the veins a
> long time. Tread lightly with a smile and not a
> smirk.

Date: December 25, 2015 12:36AM

kBOY Wrote:

> Many church-exits led to relationship-splits that ended
> in ‘crash & burns’, some quite ugly, which is
> why great care must be taken if you value your
> marriage.

So much emphasis in TLWF concerning the danger of the 'unequal yoke'...with an acceptance from the leadership of the break-up of long term marriages simply because one partner has a 'revelation' and commitment to an authority (John, Marilyn, Gary, Rick etc.), while the other does not. Even if this is the case, and the one that insists remaining in the fellowship believes he/she is submitting to God's will, it is not apparent, at least to me, that this serves as a scriptural justification for the break-up of a marriage and/or families. As kBoy, Larry and so many others have pointed...the wounds caused by the application of this errant concept are deep and often devastating.

"And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband"
1 Corinthians 7:13-14

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: December 25, 2015 02:04AM

respectfully, Changed, I think there is also an over-emphasis on finding a scriptural justification for divorce.

All too often, good people stay in terrible marriages, or marriages that have simply devolved into unhealthy relationships because they cannot find a 'scriptural justification' for a dissolution.

Sometimes things just don't work out, and the individuals are much healthier/happier undergoing a split. Scripture becomes a torment instead of a comfort.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 25, 2015 03:01AM

UnAp, I feel your pain. Walk lightly. Part of your situation will depend on what her shepherds think. And if they think you will pull her away from the LW fellowship. You might see if she is open to going to other churches. You might find something that you both like. I think most LW members recognize that the LW is a sinking ship. Tell her you are looking to the future. Where your "new chapter" will lead you.

Good luck. You are on thin ice. Walk carefully.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.