Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: October 27, 2015 08:30AM

AP and lily rose:
1 John 5:21 Little children, guard yourselves from idols!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 28, 2015 02:04AM

In California, a death does not have to be reported to the country coroner as long as a doctor has seen the deceased in the past month or so, and that doctor declares them dead and states a cause. From that point, the coroner has no legal authority to check anything.

They should change the laws in the State of California. It is way too easy for someone in a cult to lose their life, leader or sheep either one, and then just have a doctor, even a doctor that is a member of the cult, just declare them dead and state any cause he wants to.

If this ever happens to anybody in a cult that you know of, or if it has happened in the past, say thirty years back, or even this month, don't matter, you can simply email the county coroner and they will tell you if the death was reported to them and who was the doctor that filled out the death report.

In the case of Marilyn, the coroner didn't know anything about it, but did find out the doctor's name, no autopsy, who knows about embalming or whatever, where anybody could check and see if the doctor told the truth.

Same with John Robert Stevens, as you all know, according to Marilyn, "nobody touched his body." (unquote)

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 28, 2015 03:40AM

Thank you jhorning for the scripture.

To the 3 folks who read my posts, I think I have sorted it out enough and achieved a degree of clarity to say I am making progress in letting go of the bitterness.

I don't know why JRS believed and taught latter rain, if he fell off a banana truck or was intoxicated with the elitism and power that latter rain promised. I reject all the LW teaching as not of God because there is too much unscriptural leaven to separate the fish from the bones so to speak.

JRS the man possibly had a gift of knowledge or a psychic ability which he used to help some and some it harmed.

I don't think JRS was a womanizer or had a problem with women. He said he was seeking and loved the Lord.

I also think that G&M were caught up in the power and elitism that the latter rain teaching promised. I don't think M was a Jezebel nor do I think she ever was the Lamp of Israel and embodied the presence of the Lord or that she negatively influenced JRS anymore than the other ministries may have influenced JRS.

I don't give any of the LW leaders any power and I reject their teachings. The LW has no hold on me and I am resolved to forgive all the errors.

Date: October 28, 2015 04:20AM

God bless you Lily Rose, that last post was a powerful statement, it says that you are walking freely into the rest of your life, as far as your experience in Living Word goes. I am just about there too, I hope I am, I am getting close to having all the understanding I need to move on unhindered with this anyway.

I thank you for the stuff you turned me onto, I now don't think JRS was a womanizer either. I think JRS believed what he taught, I don't think he was a deliberate deceiver at all. I think he was a man though and a man does let stuff go to their heads, all of us do.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 28, 2015 07:17AM

Thanks Apostle Dog, I am glad we could agree to disagree on a few things that really weren't that important but it helped me clarify what was true for me.

I would also add that for me, even as one is letting go and moving on, there were always be some residue of pain left because our hearts were broken.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: October 28, 2015 07:51AM

I am going to add my unapologetic opinion and the opinion of many ex-walkers who are too politically correct to state their view out loud here, but I do not mind. I have no mixed feelings about Marilyn's death. Ding dong, the witch is dead, and good riddance. She knowingly propagated a sham on many good and trusting people. The Lamp of Israel, indeed. The walk should be put out of its misery, and this is a good first step. That whole possessing the kingdom did not happen then, it is not happening now, and it never will. Scream it out loud for another 40 years and you still will not wrench it into existence. Gary's comments--"Marilyn’s passing marks the end of the era of John and Marilyn, whose relationship together created those of us who are the recipients of the living Word they spoke. Marilyn never planned to go to the other side of the veil, not until the Lord appeared and made His will known. He took her into the next phase of who she is and us into the next phase of His plan to bring His Kingdom on earth. Our approach is different, but His plan remains the same. Marilyn is in her resurrected body with the Cloud of Witnesses, and we are becoming a spiritual people who will fulfill the prophecies of living in two realms."--are so much jibber jabber that make no sense on about every level there is. He is real vague on how her death is part of some great plan, and also on what his next phase entails. Yet I acknowledge it does not make any difference that Gary blabbers on in gibberish. The people who loved the idea of John-and-Marilyn, and then Gary-and-Marilyn, will love Gary-and-FillInTheBlank. If the thing did not fall completely apart under scrutiny in the early 80s, it sure will not now. Walkers need to stick with it in order to validate the last 40 years of their lives. It is a little late to start using critical thinking now. From the outside, the walk is just as senseless with Marilyn dead as it was with her alive. But those people are accustomed to rationalizing prophecies and revelations that never come true, even when the words are harmful or patently, excruciatingly wrong. We all did the same thing in our time, they have just done it a lot longer at this point. So sure, I do not mind that Marilyn is dead. I am glad. The walk will limp along without her, but hopefully a little more steam will be lost as it slows to a crawl and a fizzle over time, especially without the influx of new people and new money. It should. All that said, I feel the walk bears close watching by those of us that follow along out of concern for those still in it, as Gary's plan for the "next phase" is divulged.

Date: October 28, 2015 08:22AM

Lily Rose, for me, even today, this after noon, I was feeling some guilt, I felt like, at the time when all the divorces were happening, and some of the local churches were splitting up, including the one I was involved with, everyone going their separate ways, there were people coming to mind, people that I wish I had called, or gone to see as we all parted ways. I wonder what has happened to lots of them, wondered if they have given up on God, if they have found another church. I have wondered if it would have been worth it if we had all joined together to try to continue. Lots of thoughts come to mind.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 28, 2015 09:27AM

Exactly!

LampShmamp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am going to add my unapologetic opinion and the
> opinion of many ex-walkers who are too politically
> correct to state their view out loud here, but I
> do not mind. I have no mixed feelings about
> Marilyn's death. Ding dong, the witch is dead,
> and good riddance. She knowingly propagated a
> sham on many good and trusting people. The Lamp
> of Israel, indeed. The walk should be put out of
> its misery, and this is a good first step. That
> whole possessing the kingdom did not happen then,
> it is not happening now, and it never will.
> Scream it out loud for another 40 years and you
> still will not wrench it into existence. Gary's
> comments--"Marilyn’s passing marks the end of
> the era of John and Marilyn, whose relationship
> together created those of us who are the
> recipients of the living Word they spoke. Marilyn
> never planned to go to the other side of the veil,
> not until the Lord appeared and made His will
> known. He took her into the next phase of who she
> is and us into the next phase of His plan to bring
> His Kingdom on earth. Our approach is different,
> but His plan remains the same. Marilyn is in her
> resurrected body with the Cloud of Witnesses, and
> we are becoming a spiritual people who will
> fulfill the prophecies of living in two
> realms."--are so much jibber jabber that make no
> sense on about every level there is. He is real
> vague on how her death is part of some great plan,
> and also on what his next phase entails. Yet I
> acknowledge it does not make any difference that
> Gary blabbers on in gibberish. The people who
> loved the idea of John-and-Marilyn, and then
> Gary-and-Marilyn, will love
> Gary-and-FillInTheBlank. If the thing did not
> fall completely apart under scrutiny in the early
> 80s, it sure will not now. Walkers need to stick
> with it in order to validate the last 40 years of
> their lives. It is a little late to start using
> critical thinking now. From the outside, the walk
> is just as senseless with Marilyn dead as it was
> with her alive. But those people are accustomed
> to rationalizing prophecies and revelations that
> never come true, even when the words are harmful
> or patently, excruciatingly wrong. We all did the
> same thing in our time, they have just done it a
> lot longer at this point. So sure, I do not mind
> that Marilyn is dead. I am glad. The walk will
> limp along without her, but hopefully a little
> more steam will be lost as it slows to a crawl and
> a fizzle over time, especially without the influx
> of new people and new money. It should. All that
> said, I feel the walk bears close watching by
> those of us that follow along out of concern for
> those still in it, as Gary's plan for the "next
> phase" is divulged.

Date: October 28, 2015 09:39AM

LampSmamp, don't hold back now, just speak on up and tell us how you feel....

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: October 28, 2015 10:15AM

Apostle Dog, I may as well, I'm not getting any younger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.