Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 22, 2015 06:24AM

With all respect to anybody that thinks one way or the other, my own opinion is that APCO, (*Apostolic Company, when I was in there,) I think those guys were pretty much John's minions, they just did what they were told. I was at the meeting in the Valley church and it appeared to me that with JOHN dead, Marilyn was the one to submit body and soul to. Those guys to me didn't seem to have much to them to be influencing John Stevens. I think if things got worse in the late 70s and 1980 especially, I think just common sense would tell me that Marilyn is the only one that would be behind it. John I think had a problem with women.

But even if it was all just John Robert Stevens and everybody was in total obedience to him, and I can't think that way after seeing Marilyn, if JRS was influenced or not influenced, the whole thing was idolatry, putting a man up as God, and he was digging it all the way, and laughing all the way to the bank, just like the two in there now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 22, 2015 07:06AM

Marilyn passed away today.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 22, 2015 07:50AM

I'll start. I can't imagine what TLWF and family are going through right now. I am sorry for their loss. My favorite memory of Marilyn was M and JRS standing on the podium at Shiloh and Marilyn was prophesying to JRS and JRS was preoccupied with something and he wasn't paying attention. So Marilyn grabbed his arm and said, "Listen to me," and JRS focused his attention on Marilyn's prophesy to release him.

Date: October 22, 2015 07:51AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WTF, Lilly Rose? What grounds are you using to
> dismiss what I posted? I won't reveal my sources,
> but they are extremely reliable.
>
> Do posts now need footnotes with references before
> they are considered valid?

Date: October 22, 2015 07:57AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all respect to anybody that thinks one way or
> the other, my own opinion is that APCO,
> (*Apostolic Company, when I was in there,) I think
> those guys were pretty much John's minions, they
> just did what they were told. I was at the meeting
> in the Valley church and it appeared to me that
> with JOHN dead, Marilyn was the one to submit body
> and soul to. Those guys to me didn't seem to have
> much to them to be influencing John Stevens. I
> think if things got worse in the late 70s and 1980
> especially, I think just common sense would tell
> me that Marilyn is the only one that would be
> behind it. John I think had a problem with women.
>
>
> But even if it was all just John Robert Stevens
> and everybody was in total obedience to him, and I
> can't think that way after seeing Marilyn, if JRS
> was influenced or not influenced, the whole thing
> was idolatry, putting a man up as God, and he was
> digging it all the way, and laughing all the way
> to the bank, just like the two in there now.

AD you might want to read one of the strand posts on Fact Net by Mike Sthuler AKA Mischa. Mike seemed to me to be a guy with common sense and he also was a private investigator and he seemed to think that the brothers were influencing JRS during the time you mentioned. You can find the post under the Fact Net Shiloh Kalona Iowa Cult strand on page 19.

Date: October 22, 2015 09:08AM

I CAN imagine what the family is going through right now, they are clamoring for position like before, all of them shooting for the big money and huge power. Nothing new under the sun.

Date: October 22, 2015 11:57AM

paleface,

On 8/5/14 you posted a question regarding being held or detained. Then on 8/12/14 and 8/13/14 PalmerMarilyn posted for the 1st time that she had been held and detained by the LW. I wondered if you were psyche or had information on the posts that the rest of us do not have and subsequently I viewed your posts with caution but then again I view most posts with caution as should anyone reading my stuff.

I think many posts are speculation. I don't know who you are so how could I possibly know if you are trustworthy or have reliable sources or for that matter that your sources aren't biased.

Speculation dominates this forum and a little speculation ain't a bad thing unless of course it's drunken speculation that morphs into wild speculation.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: October 22, 2015 01:20PM

LR, now that you are explaining it better, yes, I agree with you. Sure, a lot of this is speculation. I am not psychic, however. Ha! Far from it.

I am an ex-LW member. That is all. I was there and saw a lot of these things first hand.

And now, it is really sad to learn of Marilyn's passing. Our hearts go out to our LW friends and loved ones that must be devastated by her passing.

Date: October 22, 2015 08:33PM

I have thought about it. I was somewhat insensitive in my last post. Many people are in grief due to the passing of Marilyn, they have my condolences.

Posted by: 7eagleswings ()
Date: October 22, 2015 11:50PM

Thank you AD for your many posts and clarifications on so many points. Thanks especially for your kind words about John Miller. He looks happier than I have seen him in a lot of years. Donna and Dawn Hargrave disappeared from my life on May 30th, 1984. I was in the hospital having my 3rd son and missed her final phone call. By the time I was dismissed, she was gone. Broke my heart the way she was treated. I sent a few requests to Gary to please allow me to have her contact info but, well, his response was flat out not-of-the God of the Bible. It was a weird many years spent in the Valley but once the deception was lifted and we got out, I am thankful for what I learned and just how easy it is to hook people in. Gullible or not. Yes we were made for relationships. I read til 3 in the morning but my favorite was someone posted about going to a church down the street from his house, changing churches, running into previous members and it was all good! People were told to stay away from us and one of my visits back, I was asked to leave. WHO does that?! Oh I'm so thankful I was plucked from there!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.