Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 19, 2015 04:23AM

Changedagain,

I think you were lenient too. You have said that you were brainwashed but I am wondering if you were an example of "brainwashing lite" and were less vulnerable to mind control work to discombobulate the little people compared to other elite mid mangers we have heard about on the forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 19, 2015 04:48AM

For the most part, Living Word Fellowship is a classic cult, except for one thing. Most cults try to get people to come into them, Living Word Fellowship tries to run people off.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 19, 2015 05:25AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changedagain,
>
> I think you were lenient too. You have said that
> you were brainwashed but I am wondering if you
> were an example of "brainwashing lite" and were
> less vulnerable to mind control work to
> discombobulate the little people compared to other
> elite mid mangers we have heard about on the
> forum.

Yeah, I have no idea. I do know that I spent 21 years there, so something was definitely amiss within me to continue on that long. John, and later Marilyn and Gary, had an uncanny ability to hijack people's minds and subject them to their own purposes. I now wonder if this 'talent' was instinctive, or it was something they consciously pursued.

Date: October 19, 2015 06:13AM

I can see how JRS had the power to attract people, he had a definite charisma, but the Hargraves, I just don't get it.

I have to wonder why everybody has let them get away with all they have pulled. That is what boggles my mind. I am surprised they have not crossed the wrong person by now.

Date: October 19, 2015 08:50AM

Changedagain and Apostle Dog,

There's gotta be a "How To Be A Kick Ass Cult Leader for Dummies" manual somewhere.

Date: October 20, 2015 11:28AM

I have been watching some of the old videos about Charles Manson, interviews with his followers, especially the women that actually did the murders. The things they say remind me very much of the belief system of Living Word Fellowship members. I wonder, what if some of these people had wondered out to Spahn Ranch instead of into Grace Chapel? They would have been equally at home, they would have felt spiritually fulfilled there as much as they did with JRS.

Date: October 20, 2015 11:39AM

Get rid of the ego, lose the identity, become one with one, separate from your families, your mind is your enemy, submit to authority, ,,,, I wonder if JRS and Charles Manson were on the phone together. I wonder who was teaching whom….

Date: October 20, 2015 11:56AM

AD-I don't think the courts recognize brainwashing as a legal defense so the Manson cult followers that committed murder could not claim they were victims of mind control. In fact, I don't think the American Psychological Association has an opinion on brainwashing as a valid psychological concept, even after Jonestown. I have wondered if anyone has studied mind control as an occult phenomena especially in the case of the Mason cult.

Date: October 20, 2015 12:25PM

I am amazed how Manson's main message came from one album, the white album by the Beatles, and actually from one song on that album. I know that I read one book once, a book on astrlogy and I had pretty much a whole bar mesmerized, paying me to do their charts. It don't really take much. People like to flock to people, maybe it is natural.

Manson would repeat his stuff over and over again while his followers were tripping. He sought help from the flock, asked them questions, made it appear that he was dependent on them, made them believe that the thoughts he was planting in their minds were their own, their own ideas.

Come to think of it, what I remember about the Living Word messages seemed to have a common thread, I had heard it said that none of them repeated themselves, that they each were unique and fresh, but I recall so many messages about the ministries that today I get sick to my stomach when I hear the titles of any of them, especially "shepherds." I just don't even recall much of anything in the tapes but "submit."

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 20, 2015 10:39PM

AD--
Due to your prolific output, I now consider you The anti-cult apostle of this forum. Take note all you other so-called apostles!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.