Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 15, 2015 05:38AM

I see on one of the Living Word sites it says that John Robert Stevens had a doctorate degree. Others tell about the small bible college that he went to for a few semesters. Now it doesn't matter to me if he went to school at all or not, I am just pointing out the way Living Word can't get their story right, and they really don't feel like they have to, they think they are above that, and anything they say will be accepted because it usually is.

One other thought I will put in one post, so I won't post too much. My mind keeps going back to that dream that JRS said he had about a younger man running the Walk and being a brutal leader. (I guess he didn't think of his beloved right at his side) but anyway, it turned out that dream may well have been fulfilled, and if so, then I wonder if JRS might have had that realization before he died.

There is sadly enough vindictiveness in me to hope that he did know it. I know he didn't make any video like Marilyn liked about it, setting her in, but it didn't have to be done officially, it is a no-brainer that she would be in charge with the mindset of the people, and the mindset of the people was created by John Robert Stevens. JRS built the walk, and JRS brought it down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 15, 2015 09:04AM

I made another boo boo, where I said " I know he didn't make any video like Marilyn LIKED about it, setting her in,,,,," I meant to say there was no video showing JRS setting Marilyn into anything, like she TALKED about. Even if there were, and she just decided not to show it after she said she would, it doesn't matter. When John Stevens married her, he basically made her the QUEEN because he certainly was, in the minds of his followers the ultimate KING. There was no way anybody was going to step into the POSITION of leader of that mess without her being part of it.

I said before that I have heard from reliable source that Marilyn approached at least one brother that was well thought of in the Walk, for him to divorce his wife and marry her. Gary Hargrave was at least the second one in line. Hargrave took the bate.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 15, 2015 10:52AM

Here's a link to a 3 minute video on cult tactics/mind control:

[www.youtube.com]

Apostle dog: who was the name of the first guy M approached to marry her? Without a name I doubt it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 10:56AM by lily rose.

Date: October 15, 2015 12:24PM

I guess it don't matter if I give the name.

First though I want to say, that after I sent that post I felt a little rebuked in my spirit because that is second hand information. I won't give the name of the one that told me this. The guy that supposedly was approached was later divorced anyway, one of those marriages probably that got sideways with Marilyn.

One of the reasons that I am doubting the story is that Marilyn would be the prize in such a situation, not the man. The reason being is that Marilyn had it all already, she had been married to the apostle to the Kingdom of God, that makes her automatically THE ONE to be worshiped in the cult mentality of the Living Word members, simply from the "bond" of marriage, the impartation, the fusion of spirits, all of that whacked out stuff. No, I think it was a case of Hargrave climbing up the latter rather than Marilyn needing a husband due to the religiosity of the Walk, although the religiosity was there, in a hyper way.

The name was Larry Cotton, that is the name that I got. I doubted it myself for one reason, the racial thing. If you notice, Living Word Fellowship is mostly flood of white faces, with the exception of the DC church. I would bet that if there had been an interracial marriage the Living Word would have drummed her out pretty quickly. Besides that, I think Marilyn would know for certain that Larry Cotton would have much more integrity than to divorce his wife to marry her.

By the way, Lily Rose, that is one train of thought I should not have posted, for the above reasons, even though the source is pretty much a sure thing with me. Even good sources can get bad information.

Date: October 15, 2015 01:18PM

AD,

There's nothing wrong with sharing secondhand information. Matthew and John quoting Jesus expresses secondhand information. Paul relied on 3rd and 4th hand info.

I recall reading a post on factnet that Larry Cotton was to have been included as part of the mantle of authority with G&M but Larry ended up walking away from it all. The poster (if authentic) seemed to have been at one time an insider so the information about Larry Cotton wasn't widely known. I think Larry Cotton was a kinder, more compassionate person than the others.

Date: October 15, 2015 01:57PM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you notice, Living Word
> Fellowship is mostly flood of white faces, with
> the exception of the DC church. I would bet that
> if there had been an interracial marriage the
> Living Word would have drummed her out pretty
> quickly.

BTW, in the mid 70's, there was a marriage in the Southgate church btwn the organist Susie (white) and Taylor? (black).

Date: October 15, 2015 08:35PM

Lily Rose, I really hope that Larry Cotton did well and could put that mess behind him without too much discouragement and of course, without the bitterness. I know I have had plenty of bitterness. I was very attached to that church as we all were.

I met Larry Cotton once at Shiloh, we all went out and played some basketball, along with some guys from Knoxville Tennessee. I really liked him.

When people read about cults from the outside perspective, it really does not sink in that there are really good people in them. Those people spend their money and their years trying to make something work, something they believe in. Even though, as we look back, we realize that all we had to do is read the book for ourselves, instead of listening to a pieced together version of the bible, emphasizing one part above another, anybody is subject to being misled if they put their trust in somebody that has that charm, that charisma. I have seen it happen over and over, in churches that nobody would consider a cult. All it takes is turn on Christian television and see the scriptures twisted beyond recognition.

Like the old joke about how Honda cars being mentioned in the bible. How Jesus and His disciples were all together in one ACCORD. You can make the bible say just about anything if you have the charisma to pull it off. The scary thing is how one can make the bible say just anything to yourself, without listening to anybody else if you have a pre-conceived idea of what you WANT it to mean.

Date: October 15, 2015 10:51PM

I really don't know why Gary and Marilyn don'g just go on Youtube with their stuff, join the party, there are Latter Rain/ Dominion theology apostles and prophets all over the place today. I think someone said that John Stevens said it would be popular among "mainline churches" some day. Well, it isn't, but it is a pretty big thing. They don't have to mask and hide and slip and slid trying to 'avoid persecution' it's all out there. And it is no different than the stuff that JRS pushed, even the checking auras all of it. It was all out there when JRS was doing his secret teachings to the remnant, and it is all out there now.

If anybody in Living Word wants to continue in all of that stuff without having to call their designated shepherd and ask them every move to make, they don't even have to tithe, they can just turn on their computer.

I found it interesting that the guys that started the shepherding movement, Derik Prince, for one, repented publicly because it turned out to be such a bondage on people and it simply did not work.

Dominion theology is just another word for the belief in the super apostles and the manifest sons of God, all of it, and it is at the church on the corner. It's right there with the pre-trib, the post-trib, the mid-trib, the no-trib, manifest sons of God is right there.

In the case of the Living Word apostles and prophets, I think it would be more of a INFESTATION of minions of Marilyn.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 15, 2015 11:10PM

I've never heard of this rumor that Marilyn approached Larry Cotton with the offer of marriage. It seems bogus to me--far-fetched, implausible given the culture of TLWF. Unless something more concrete is put forth, my inclination is to dismiss it.
I think when authority figures have been abusive toward their members, the tendency of those that have been wronged is to want to believe almost anything negative about the abusers--which can lead to the impartial questioning legitimate accusations.
Anyway, if someone reading this forum has first-hand knowledge, feel free to join in.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 15, 2015 11:28PM

BTW, the prior comment was not to cast any aspersions toward Larry. I didn't know him, but I've heard from many others that he was a decent man, with a genuine concern for people in the fellowship. That said, I think the black/white marriage at the top of the authority chain would have been a major issue in TLWF at that time--leading, I think, the many more leaving than actually did. Hell, if it did happen, it would be one more intriguing tidbit into the narrative of this cult...but I can't see it. There will have to be something more substantive than a rumor to change my mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.