Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 09, 2015 11:41PM

My last post for a while. I do not want to hog the forum. I'll take off about a week or two. I just wanted to add, that my friend that I am referring to is just as intelligent as he ever was. The people in the Walk are intelligent people, there are professionals of all sorts, lawyers, doctors, all sorts of skilled craftsmen.

The problem is not intelligence. The human mind has the capacity to submit itself to any sort of system of thought that they are conditioned to think is right. The leadership of the Walk was put in power because A-Hargrave was set in a high position by John Stevens. And B- more importantly Marilyn was married to him. In the Living Word conditioned mindset, there are spiritual bonds when someone is married to someone else. They believed that because Marilyn was married to JRS, there is a certain amount of anointing that was transferred to her.

There was no chance that after John's death that Marilyn would have just become a member of the fellowship in the same capacity that she had before she married him. It is actually very similar to the European system of a royal family.

You will see Rick Holbrook walk right into the super anointing if Marilyn dies, and if she dies while Hargrave is alive, it will be interesting how the cards fall again. The power struggle with begin again, the split will come again, and Hargrave might be out the door. I wonder who will get the massive wealth when Marilyn dies...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: October 10, 2015 12:22AM

And for those of us who didn’t buckle under, we were labeled as rebellious contaminates. Witches, Sons of Anak, Sons of Korah, stains, blemishes, less than human, evil offspring, hated of God, anti-christ, full of witchcraft, demon possessed, deserving of punishment, needing to be shunned and banished and prayed against.

And so it takes thirty years to reprogram the brain into realizing that it was all bull sh*t.

And now there’s healing because we have the correct understanding and are on the right course. (Matt 13:12-17)

And now we’re free and God lives in our spirit once again whether we go to church or not.

And now it’s all about feeling “normal” in a mainstream whosoever sort of way.

(Apostle Dog: Fortunately after being gone thirty years, not much of that wealth (proportionately) came out of our pockets; if that is any consolation.)

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: October 10, 2015 10:33PM

I received an interesting note from someone in San Diego:

The San Diego church is not healthy. There are terrrible reports about the Larsens. Especially Gilee Larsen who has become the Marilyn-empowered monster down there. An ex-LW-elder said that in the whole history of the walk, these are the worst cases of spiritual abuse he has ever seen. Gilee has become really mean and nasty to people. If you don't bow down and kiss her ass as the representative of Marilyn, you get blasted, or shown to the door. The numbers are dwindling quickly down there.

Some stirrings about a possible lawsuit, as there appears to have been a line crossed. One person who left recently, automatically became an enemy of the fellowship and special meetings were held to warn the remaining congregants to not talk to this person. Bruce Larsen was quoted as saying:
"...if you even have thoughts about wanting to talk to XXX, you should take your hands and put them around your own neck and strangle yourself until
you pass out and those thoughts go away." This "word" is now part of the SD church reference library and church members (who were not at that service) are supposed to go and sit in a room with a librarian (or Gilee) and listen to the CD recording of this service. It is mandatory listening. I think this looks
like a good case of defamation of character. I'm pretty sure there is a good shot at something regarding the "alienation of affections" with his kids, as Gilee has convinced both of his daughters that he is of Satan and they are not to talk to their father.

Another change that has happened is that now, all churches send all of their funds to the central LW trust. There are almost no local funds being kept in local bank accounts. Some think this "centralization" of the finances is G&M getting ready to collect it all to them. And maybe the trust is a further protection from lawsuits at the local level. Maybe G&M keep their "hatchet-boys" in place, so they have "plausible deniability" if something goes wrong at the local level. They can claim that they didn't know this was going on. (However, it is clear that they know, since many have communicated this to them)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 11, 2015 03:02AM

In light of your latest comment Paleface...I'm now wondering if I have understated the deranged mentality of these church leaders--Gary Hargrave, Marilyn Hargrave, Rick Holbrook, the Larsens etc.

In my heart I wish that whatever assets/funds these people have accumulated on the back of the congregants could be seized, liquidated and used to help those who have suffered under the regime. Provide professional counseling (conducted by someone with no connections to the church). It would also be nice if ministries that were pressured out of the fellowship after serving in the ministry for 30+ years could have at least a meager pension to fall back on. But I suspect the odds of the above happening--even if someone was successful in a suit against TLWF--are likely very low. Thank God this forum exists to at least bring to light what has been going on...and dissuade anyone who is thinking of joining.

The evil get more evil...

Date: October 11, 2015 03:47AM

The onerous fruit produced by this cult is becoming second to none. Taking seriously anything interpreted, written, spoken or promulgated by them is totally foolish and nearly unforgivable.

Date: October 13, 2015 12:05AM

I know that I am taking a little self imposed break, but I ran up on this. I had to post it here.

"... there is much truth in the Italian saying, 'Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.'" -- Benjamin Franklin

Date: October 13, 2015 01:33AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In light of your latest comment Paleface...I'm now
> wondering if I have understated the deranged
> mentality of these church leaders--Gary Hargrave,
> Marilyn Hargrave, Rick Holbrook, the Larsens etc.
>
>
> In my heart I wish that whatever assets/funds
> these people have accumulated on the back of the
> congregants could be seized, liquidated and used
> to help those who have suffered under the regime.
> Provide professional counseling (conducted by
> someone with no connections to the church). It
> would also be nice if ministries that were
> pressured out of the fellowship after serving in
> the ministry for 30+ years could have at least a
> meager pension to fall back on. But I suspect the
> odds of the above happening--even if someone was
> successful in a suit against TLWF--are likely very
> low. Thank God this forum exists to at least bring
> to light what has been going on...and dissuade
> anyone who is thinking of joining.
>
> The evil get more evil...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know of some churches, not affiliated with the Walk that closed down suddenly, just a pastor walking in and saying, "this church is closed, this is the last Sunday, I gave all the money to the "mission field." I don't know what happened to church property, they must not have had it paid for.

I researched it some on the internet and it seems that if churches close the people that gave to build them have no recourse, because church contributions are tax deductable, they gave, and it is gone, they should know what they are giving to, that's it.

As far as the leadership gaining financially on it, that is a felony. Remember Jim Baker? But in the case of these leaders, nobody will say a word, they will just wander off and lick their wounds. They have drunk the kool-aid, for too many years they have "repented until they got a revelation" of what ever they were told.

They did one thing right, and here is the shame, they did walk in the word they got, they gave themselves wholeheartedly. They even believed John when he said,"even if the shepherd is wrong, if you submit, God will honor you." But no, not true.

Date: October 14, 2015 02:50AM

According to Young’s Analytical Concordance (one of the books I didn’t burn after exiting the Walk) we have the following small sample of words used by the First Christ while on earth:

Church --- Used three times all in Matthew.

Submit --- Zilch, Zippo, Big Fat Zero.

Submission --- Zilch, Zippo, Big Fat Zero, not even used in the whole New Testament.

Without question the First Jesus is more important than anyone sent later (John 13:16). The Christs in the Flesh and designated minion shepherds of the cults readily expose themselves as false and not the real deal by their own vocabulary. Unlike the First Jesus, these false ones are unable to communicate without using the above three words constantly.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 14, 2015 10:16PM

Also, if you're going to demand that someone submits their life to you, it would nice if you would have something of value to offer, such as being an example of what a real 'walk with God' looks like. So many congregants unwittingly became victims of 'mentors', backed by Gary and Marilyn, that were just dysfunctional nut jobs. Hey, I was pretty nutty back in the day, but fortunately wasn't motivated to be viewed as Christ in the flesh, sparing some people of additional misery. Almost all of my progress in learning the rudiments of life came after I left the fellowship.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 15, 2015 02:09AM

When you come to a place where submission to shepherds violates your conscience and requires you to serve two masters with Jesus becoming less, it's time to move on.

This link on shepherding/discipleship might help someone [www.cisneoinc.org]

cisneoinc.org/articles/Shepherding.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 02:15AM by lily rose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.