> demands it.

I think this is accurate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Amos ()
Date: August 22, 2015 11:36AM

Moderator,

Either you misread or I miswrote -- but there was no intent to "victim bash."

My intent was to offer an opinion that God's hand is in the things the believer goes through, even if that is a cult.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 22, 2015 07:19PM

Amos:

Bad leaders are to blame for their bad behavior. It can just be as simple as that.

When Jesus said that many would come in his name, but he would not know them. It seems to me that he meant that God would not have a hand in their bad behavior.

And Paul noted nothing about God's hand in the abusive and controlling behavior of the leaders her condemned in Galatians.

Bad leaders act upon their own needs for power and self gratification. In this sense they are not part of any divine plan.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:52AM

The thing that bothers me most is that when I came back from California and let the church here know that Marilyn had taken over and we dispersed, I wish I had contacted everybody that I knew in the area to see if any of them wanted to continue as a church, seek the Lord for what is right and move on. Instead, they all just went their ways. I know where some of them went, many never went to church again. Many some went to other real churchs, and some went and bowed down to Marilyn. Church of Marilyn.

I don't know how much of a cult it was, Walk 1 that is. I am reading Reflections from the Wall right now trying to put it together. I know that JRS gave the whole thing up. All of the work that him and Martha did, all of it went into the greedy hands of a Judas and a Jezebel.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 23, 2015 01:14AM

During walk 1, I think some of the satellite churches existed on the fringe of the movement, some were not cultish at all in the treatment of the congregation, while others like Coniah possibly were so cultish that in some ways Coniah was a forerunner of what was to come in walk 2.

During a Valley service in the mid 70's from the pulpit, JRS said that Pastor Paul young and his wife asked his permission to take a vacation in Europe. JRS said we don't take vacations anymore. I think if you were under the radar of JRS your life was controlled more than those in the satellite churches. In 1980 apparently Paul Young's wife was declared a Nephilim and the Young's left the church.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 23, 2015 02:06AM

Opportunists

rrmoderator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Bad leaders act upon their own needs for power and
> self gratification. In this sense they are not
> part of any divine plan.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: August 23, 2015 02:54AM

Lily Rose said: "During walk 1, I think some of the satellite churches existed on the fringe of the movement, some were not cultish at all in the treatment of the congregation, while others like Coniah possibly were so cultish that in some ways Coniah was a forerunner of what was to come in walk 2."

You are very much right about the satallite churches not being cultish. I saw NOTHING like what I saw a glimpse of when i went to the Valley church for the one and only time. I don't think most of the people that were in the Walk in the far out areas, would have spent an hour in the WALK had they known what was going on in LA with the upper echelon. I KNOW I would not have. I am reading Relfections from the Wall right now, and it does ring true. I think I might have made a real mistake in respecting John Robert Stevens. I don't even know, it may be the Walk 2 could be the better of the two. There are things the Hargraves know about Stevens that we don't. As far as I can discern at the moment, both the ole walk and the sequel are like a bad movie that should not have been made in the first place.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 23, 2015 03:49AM

The Shining was an excellent movie, and expressed perfectly what needed to be said. There was really no need for Walk 1, let alone Walk 2.

p.s. all work and no play makes _______ a very dull _______

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 23, 2015 06:50AM

changedagain Wrote:

> The Shining was an excellent movie, and expressed
> perfectly what needed to be said. There was
> really no need for Walk 1, let alone Walk 2.
>
> p.s. all work and no play makes _______ a very
> dull _______

------------------------------------------------------------------

"People who SHINE sometimes see things that are gonna happen and I think sometimes they can see things that did happen." (Stephen King, The Shining)

Kind of like JRS.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 23, 2015 07:49AM

There was a so called secret recording made by somebody attending a meeting that took place involving some top dogs supposedly in LA.
I think it was Brenda Longest who played the extremely short recording for us at her apartment in SLC when just a few were there.
Anyway, what truly sounded exactly like JRS talking said this, “Gina Kitchin……that dumb wop.” Gina was an original member of the
Salt Lake City church who everybody loved locally until driven out in the early 1980’s by the new regime.

---------------------
Paleface posted on August 19, 2015 08:36PM --- “Most healthy people live near this balanced center.”
----------------------
Excellent!!!

The Creator needs to be selfish for the sake of humanity. Giving any special power to whackos would be idiotic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.