Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: March 03, 2015 07:01AM

What you say is true Larry Bobo.Excellent post. I read in ghargraves bio he was raised in Hawaii and the "headquarters/base" for tlwf is Honolulu. What years did he live in the islands? I first met hargrave back in early '70's. I know he was a cop in Redlands, but it's the first time I've heard about the Hawaii connection. Will someone enlighten me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: March 03, 2015 08:04AM

jhorning,

My understanding is Gary's father was in the military and was stationed for a while in Hawaii. People raised in Hawaii are known for their Aloha. From everything I have read on the forums about Gary it doesn't sound as though he shares the Aloha values.

Date: March 03, 2015 11:35AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jhorning,
>
> My understanding is Gary's father was in the
> military and was stationed for a while in Hawaii.
> People raised in Hawaii are known for their Aloha.
> From everything I have read on the forums about
> Gary it doesn't sound as though he shares the
> Aloha values.

Mahalo for your answer. My family lived there when my dad received orders to report to Oahu. This was middle 1960's. The term "raised" seemed to imply he lived there for most of his childhood. No big deal. I was just curious.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 11, 2015 01:38AM

Here's a poll: if you could name just one single thing that stands out as a cultish aspect of the Living Word what would it be? What single practice or doctrine makes your "red light" go on the strongest?

For me, it is the implied deification of Marilyn, Gary and JRS.

Date: March 11, 2015 06:54AM

My one thing,but it's not all-inclusive, would be Gary divorcing Donna and marrying Marilyn.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:41PM

Stevens divorcing Martha and marrying Marilyn.

Date: March 12, 2015 01:51AM

Hello everyone. I have been reading this board for about a year, but this is the first time I have written. I have to ask jhorning and LampShmamp what makes those divorces and remarriages cultish?

Warning Signs of a Potentially Unsafe Group
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 12, 2015 07:14AM

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: March 12, 2015 11:13AM

Welcome Unapologetic Apologetic,

Good question. Your screen name is interesting. Care to elaborate.

Posted by: minxie10 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:11PM

Hi Unapologetic
Were you ever in this group? Sounds like you may not have been. One of the things we believed in was being married to one man or woman and divorce was not really an option unless that spouse was abusing you or committed adultery. We followed the Bible on these issues and our Founder John Robert Stevens taught us to believe what the Bible stated. Later on he used other sources to okay what he and others were doing which was opposite of what he taught us in the beginning. I think during the years surrounding the early eighties is when he and othere of the Ministry began to use other sources to condone what they were doing as right. I believe thay got off course which happens sometimes. Thank God he took JRS (my opinion or revelation) to save his soul from destruction as he was leading others down a slippery slope. It is questionable where or not the things that go on today are correct and they should be examined by yourself and others who wish to check out this ministry.
Tani Welch/Hardman---autaga7210@outlook.com
Aloha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.