Current Page: 93 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 20, 2014 07:53AM

I was in that church????? Now I'm even MORE embarrassed by my naivety.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 20, 2014 08:08AM

I forgot to mention that one big surprise for me was the story of the so called other woman spiritual wife of JRS. Nichols doesn't name her but said she and her actual husband were commissioned to oversee the Bay area churches so doesn't that identify the spiritual wife as Ruth Klein? Big shocker if true...never heard that one. Then in 1980 per Factnet (again not sure of veracity) Ruth Klein and Helen Young (Paul Young's wife) were exposed (I don't know by whom) as nephilim and the Kleins and Youngs left the Walk. Good for them for getting out.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 20, 2014 09:29AM

Lily rose wrote: “I would be interested in your reviews.”

---------------------------------------

I was never a ministry, just a person on the bottom always bowing to the heavies strutting around the church. So the following is what chaps my hide or rings my bell:

A --- We have an apostle demanding total submission from the underlings who in turn denies apostleship to the magistrates in order to look normal and favorable during the dividing up of assets in his divorce case. (Jesus never denied who he was ---- good point by Nichols)

B --- Nichols points out a couple of times that the “Walk” is just another works-based attempt by the natural man to gain glory and dominance over the world.

C --- The comparison to the life of King Saul is excellent. John possessed an “other worldly vibration” that was mesmerizing to say the least. The mixture of God’s anointing, dark secrets of the occult, witches, nephilim, his own disobedience and possible evil spirits sent by God Himself seems to explain much of the “other worldly vibration.” How did Nichols find such a great comparison???

D --- CLW trying to pull a fast one on the Securities and Exchange Commission.

E --- I recognized nearly every name mentioned: Jesus people out of San Diego (Hargrave) – interesting.

F --- Businessmen, lawyers, pamphlets, manipulation of scripture to persuade members into believing its God’s will for them to give to the mine project.

G --- How the scriptures are used within the Latter Rain Framework to justify the whole agenda.

H --- I too have now learned just exactly what they were preaching. Crazy I know, but worship junkies like me were only concerned about the “high”.

I --- The behind the scenes operation of the “Walk” makes me wonder about how stupid I was to turn the control of my life over to these mere mortals.

J --- Give me something that disproves the report--------right now I believe it’s true.

K --- Thanks again lily rose. Now I have two excellent reference reports saved on my computer that really help to set me free as well as providing the ammunition necessary to combat those condemning spirits lingering from our/my past.

Date: September 20, 2014 02:06PM

Well said FCSLC and regarding your point (H) "I have now learned just exactly what they were preaching." Me too.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 20, 2014 11:29PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was in that church????? Now I'm even MORE
> embarrassed by my naivety.

There was so much emphasis in the sermons about the enmity of the 'carnal' mind, with repeated warnings about not resorting to reasoning to find truth (scriptural references to the evil Pharisees questioning of Christ), that the environment became fertile ground for mind control. I suspect it still is--obedience preferred over common sense.
BTW, I liked the description by Nichols of the madness he witnessed during one of the intercession-laden services, describing it as a pep rally in a lunatic asylum. Ha--I was likely there at that service, doing my best to be as crazy, I mean devoted, as everyone else!

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: September 21, 2014 07:07AM

FCSLC and Pale Face, I agree, it is embarrassing. What a schmuck I was. I didn't even really know what we believed through all that shouting, but I believed with all my heart. I came in as a teenager and people hugged me, so I figured it was a great place. At least I can point to a time of my life when I was an unqualified idealist. And I left before I became an old schmuck, well before Stevens died. Also I'm glad I was too young and poor to throw money at the mine. Jesus Freaks at the bless-ins. Ugh. Well, I do look back fondly on the hugging.

Date: September 21, 2014 08:13AM

I share the embarrassment. Aren't you glad that picture taking smart phones were around during the violent intercession.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 21, 2014 09:16AM

The Violent Intercession Channel on YouTube would have thousands upon thousands of subscribers, guaranteed.

Date: September 21, 2014 10:17AM

I don't know. The "Speak Whatever You Want Into Existence Channel" may have had more viewers.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 21, 2014 01:44PM

I'll be watching the "If your wife's a bitch, it's because you made her that way" channel.

Current Page: 93 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.