Current Page: 83 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: August 26, 2014 05:47AM

Some Food For Thought

John 2:24-25 But Jesus on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men and because He did not need anyone to bear witness concerning man for He Himself knew what was in man.

We should see a red flag - when a person of the cloth tries to influence us or lead us to believe, that we should entrust our self and our lives to them.

If one looks closely at what was said about Jesus not entrusting Himself to them in John 2 - one might see and realize - that it was ( believers ) that Jesus was not entrusting Himself to..

Jesus already knew what was in man before He began His ministry and on His part , it was to those who were believing in His Name, that He was not entrusting Himself to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 26, 2014 07:14AM

Invisible ------- Great post.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 26, 2014 08:00AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a lot of money to pay to learn how to boink
> your secretary.

From the urban dictionary. Boink a word that your parent's use to describe sex to you even when you are an adult.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 26, 2014 09:41AM

Ditch_Digging_Yasper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not ridiculous to expect your clergy to have
> some higher education, but it is ridiculous to
> push them to get degrees from your own church
> university, especially when you are in a
> "shepherding" relationship with these people. Talk
> about a conflict of interest!

Didn't Gary pursue an honorary degree from Shiloh University? I imagine it couldn't be easy saying no to him...while trying to explain the concept of conflict of interest. I wouldn't want to be in that person's position.

Date: August 27, 2014 10:09AM

Can you imagine a student challenging TLWF interpretation of Romans 8:19 regarding the manifestation of the sons of God by citing other scholarly commentaries. Would the student receive a lower grade?

BTW, I received a private message from a Ross Cult Education troll suggesting that Paleface replace the word boink with stup as this word is Jewish and more current.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 27, 2014 11:11AM

Well, maybe it wasn't the best word, but I was thinking it was a semi-clean word. But, after 30 min., we can edit these posts, but I guess it will have to be left as is. I thought about using that other word. Either way, if you are a student of SU, you will learn from the best of them.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 27, 2014 11:59AM

lily rose wrote: “Can you imagine a student challenging TLWF interpretation of Romans 8:19 regarding the manifestation of the sons of God by citing other scholarly commentaries. Would the student receive a lower grade?”

--------------------------------------

Of course!!

Nobody advances until they have mastered the Special General Education Requirements which include “Twisting Scripture 101 & 102” and “How to Be Christ in the Flesh to your Tithe Paying Underlings.”

--------------------------------------

Does the Master of Divinity include “How to Sell Church Property out from under Congregations Legally: a State by State case study”??

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: August 28, 2014 02:12AM

Is there anyone on this forum who knows or remembers Johnny Gunn? He was from Iowa, with Vere Thomas, and lived and worked in L.A. I worked with him at Fineline Graphics.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 28, 2014 03:35AM

Johnny Gunn, the conga player? Didn't he run off with a Blix girl and leave the LW fellowship?

Date: August 28, 2014 08:20AM

jhorning,

Don't know about Johnny Gun but a while back you asked about Damon Davis and Rocky from the farm. Damon was always trying to introduce us to herbs and healthier eating. A group of us went with Damon on a survival trip to the mountains with a goal of only eating what we could get from the woods. We survived a day and then went to a 7 eleven for chips. Damon was disappointed. That evening we came across thick juicy mushrooms growing in a meadow that Damon called steak and those of us who ate them before they were cooked, threw them up that night and the barf glowed in the dark. I also went on a chapparal herb picking trip with Rocky. As the group was approaching the chapparal trees Rocky warned us to throw rocks under the trees to scare away the rattle snakes. I guess I do have a few good memories of the CLW.

Current Page: 83 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.