Current Page: 82 of 1260
Re: Hargrave Family Ministries formed over a year before John's death
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 22, 2014 10:29AM

Also the Hargrave Family Ministries Corp (a tax exempt status as it is a church) set up in 1982 seems to have preceded the set up of the Hargrave Family Trust (like a will but used to transfer family assets to beneficiaries privately without going through probate) which came after the G&M marriage.

Does anyone know who is Kevin K. Hargrave? His name appears on real estate transactions and the Corp as an agent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 23, 2014 01:25AM

Kevin is Gary's personal assistant. Used to be Kevin Davison, but changed his last name to Hargrave. I guess to prove how much of a son to Gary he is.

Note: Marilyn is no dummy: Only a male assistant for Gary.

Date: August 23, 2014 07:52AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kevin is Gary's personal assistant. Used to be
> Kevin Davison, but changed his last name to
> Hargrave. I guess to prove how much of a son to
> Gary he is.

So Gary adopted him. One of the real estate transactions on Avery St listed Kevin Hargrave as seller and Gary Hargrave as buyer. How odd.

Date: August 23, 2014 12:45PM

Correction to above post: Acre St (not Avery St). Kevin Hargrave sold the property to G&M and then it appears the three of them, Kevin and G&M were listed as owners of the Acre home.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 24, 2014 03:29AM

The Living Word Fellowship, Church of the Living Word, The Living Word Church, Hargrave Family Ministries, Marilyn Farms, Hargrave Family Trust, Marilyn Trust, Judean People's Front...
I'm confused.
Please disregard this post!

Date: August 24, 2014 08:26AM

In addition Changedagain, add to your list Living Word Fellowship Trust and Shiloh University. I'm inspired by Paul, "Unlike so many, we do not peddle the Word of God for profit." (2 Corinthians 2:17)

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 25, 2014 08:59AM

lily rose quoted II COR 2:17 --- Unlike so many, we do not peddle the Word of God for profit.

---------------------------

Wikipedia says this letter to the church at Corinth was written by Paul roughly from AD 53 to 57. So within maybe twenty-five years of the resurrection you already have leaders exploiting the people. Are these leaders actually prophets sent by God who have gone bad or is the “Word of God” just a body of knowledge that a person can learn and then sell it to others for a profit?

Shiloh University Bachelor in Biblical and Pastoral Studies costs $22,540.00 and the Master of Divinity is another $17000.00, if I understand it correctly.

A pastor with credentials is no different than any other profession requiring a degree. Paying tithes to your church to help defray your pastor’s costs and to provide a living for him is understandable especially for those who prefer to be told rather than do their own homework. I believe this is the standard/common model for most churches in America.

My personal deception with CLW was that they were special; not professionals but the real deal. I believed they were the end time prophets with the power and connection to change the world. It was my own deception and poor discernment that caused me to give control of my life over to them. (Not good)

All the evidence coming to light points otherwise; and now they’re selling their own brand of trade secrets.

Thanks, but no thanks; I’ll run my own life and do my own homework.

Date: August 26, 2014 12:12AM

That's a lot of money to pay to learn how to boink your secretary.

Date: August 26, 2014 12:49AM

It's not ridiculous to expect your clergy to have some higher education, but it is ridiculous to push them to get degrees from your own church university, especially when you are in a "shepherding" relationship with these people. Talk about a conflict of interest!

The simple fact is, official degrees were never valued in The Walk before Shiloh University existed. People have been given clergy positions in The Walk without so much as a high school diploma, and now they are encouraging collegiate study because it furthers their bottom line, while further indoctrinating the flock. It's a win-win for the church, and a lose-lose for the members, who now have less money, and a bogus diploma that isn't worth the paper it was printed on.

With dwindling church attendance, G&M will be forced to extract more and more money from the faithful that remain - it's simple economics. I expect this will continue to increase as the years go by, and more and more people become disillusioned with the emotional and financial burden of being in the church. There will be more and more pocketbook-intensive ventures that church members will be "lead" to participate in when it comes time to see where their shepherd wants them to live, go to school, what to eat, and how to raise their children.

Date: August 26, 2014 03:55AM

Someone who was once very close to G&M said that all decisions made by them are first and foremost business decisions. They'll call it a "leading of the lord", but underneath it all, it is always about what improves their bottom line. Sheep will be hurt. Lives will be destroyed. It doesn't matter to them.

Current Page: 82 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.