Date: August 15, 2014 10:45AM

> > paleface Wrote:

> You know there are plastic surgeons who can help
> you with that.

ha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: August 16, 2014 03:22AM

Hi everyone, former TWLF member since birth here. I was very active in the church at Shiloh. Left a few years ago and it was the best decision I ever made! The forums at FactNet were a big part of how I realized how ridiculous and manipulative this "church" is. Glad to see the discussion is still alive here.

Anyhow, does anybody know where I might be able to find a copy of "Vain Glory" by Tony Cox? It's listed on the Wikipedia entry for TLWF and I've always wanted to see it, since I'm too young to remember that part of history, It would be great to get some history aside from the "hidden treasures" we all tried not to sleep through.

A search on the web revealed an available copy at a seminary library in Virginia, but I e-mailed the librarian there and they no longer have a copy. Am I going to have to track down Tony Cox to get one?

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: August 16, 2014 08:19PM

Welcome ditch_digger.
Can't help you with the video. I am curious about what has been said concerning the history of the walk. Were subjects like the silver mine, storing food, third generation, the many divorces, Gary Hargraves divorce etc.? The list of fails is too long for this forum. What have current members been told about the condition of the walk before jrs died and the subsequent implosion of tlwf. Ooh here's another one: why did Fineline Graphics close down? I used to work there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 08:22PM by jhorning.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 16, 2014 11:43PM

And what *really* happened with Impact Paint Roller company?

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 17, 2014 08:27AM

Ditch_Digging_Yasper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"Vain Glory" by Tony Cox

I haven't seen it but I suspect you won't learn much more than you did on factnet, some true and some not true. However if you must, before trying to contact Cox, goggle David Clark, Exit Counselor, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I ran across his name a while back and my recollection is he was a consultant on Vain Glory so he might be able to make you a copy; the video is probably VHS. Clark claims to have been in the Walk during the early 70's and he went on to become a Thought Reform Consultant to assist those who were in cults.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 17, 2014 10:55PM

[www.google.com]

Yoko Ono's Ex-Husband, Tony Cox, Reveals His Strange Life Since ...Feb 3, 1986 ... An evangelical Christian, Cox has produced and directed a 32-minute
documentary film, Vain Glory, about his involvement with an organization ...
www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20092860,00.html - Similar pages

The Walk - Google GroupsJun 26, 1998 ... I am trying to track down a video called "Vain Glory". by. Yoko Ono's ... The
filmmaker (director and producer) was Tony Cox, who was actually ...
[groups.google.com] - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Anthony Cox (producer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaFor other people of the same name, see Anthony Cox (disambiguation). ... Walk),
and life on the run in an autobiographical documentary film entitled Vain Glory.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Cox_(producer) - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

The Living Word Fellowship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaAnthony Cox's 1985 documentary film Vain Glory deals with his experiences as a
member of "The Walk." Cox, who was involved in the group from 1971 to 1977, ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Living_Word_Fellowship - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

John Robert Stevens - cultbusters galactica - YukuAnthony Cox's 1985 documentary film Vain Glory deals with his experiences as a
member of "The Walk." Cox, who was involved in the group ...
cultbustersgalactica.yuku.com/.../THE-WALK-THE-LIVING-WORD- FELLOWSHIP-John-Robert-Stevens - 132k - Cached - Similar pages

WEEKEND LIFE: The lost daughter of Yoko Ono; I THOUGHT ...Kyoko's father Tony Cox met Yoko in 1961, when he said she was ... directed a
32-minute documentary film called Vain Glory about his involvement in the Walk.
www.thefreelibrary.com/WEEKEND+LIFE%3A+The+lost+daughter+of+ Yoko+Ono%3B+I+THOUGHT+ABOUT+MY...-a061136970 - 64k - Cached - Similar pages

Vain glory (VHS tape, 1994) [WorldCat.org]OCLC Number: 45032362. Notes: Imprint from handwritten label by Tony Cox.
Description: 1 videocassette (32 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. Details: VHS format.
www.worldcat.org/title/vain-glory/oclc/45032362 - 93k - Cached - Similar pages

JeffN727 Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band Don't Worry Kyoko (Mummy's ...
Kyoko Chan Cox (born August 3, 1963) is the daughter of Ono and film ... his involvement in the ...
3 min -
[www.youtube.com]

David Clark | Apologetics IndexJan 6, 2006 ... The film was titled,"Vain Glory", featuring the the Story of Tony Cox, who was
Yoko Ono's first husband. Yoko's second husband was the late ...
www.apologeticsindex.org/67-david-clark-cult-expert - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

Overview and Background - RCPTV.comIn 1962, filmmaker and fine artist Tony Cox met and married Yoko Ono in Tokyo.
..... documentary about a David Koresh-like religious cult, titled “Vain Glory”.
www.rcptv.com/redsea/background-jl.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

Date: August 18, 2014 03:09AM

The daughter was in the Valley church in the late 70's. We all called her "Ruthie".

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 18, 2014 05:31AM

It’s actually becoming a blessing to be gone from “The Walk.” Escaping was liberating, but being fully convinced in all aspects is much better. There’s enough support coming from many angles on this forum, enough biblical verses coming to light and sound, intelligent theology to win the debate for discarding and moving beyond TLWF/JRS literature.

This means we can’t be labeled as “rebellious spirits” or “blowouts” or “anti-Christ’s” or “contaminating spirits” and so on especially in our own minds. No bad labels for us, just the pioneering spirit to be true to our own heavenly vision---------the “original calling” we had before getting sidetracked and submerged in another’s personal way and interpretation.

Eating the good fruit is bringing back the blessing which has been missing, especially for me, for a long, long time.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 18, 2014 10:39AM

Ditch_Digging_Yasper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone, former TWLF member since birth here.
> I was very active in the church at Shiloh. Left a
> few years ago and it was the best decision I ever
> made! The forums at FactNet were a big part of how
> I realized how ridiculous and manipulative this
> "church" is. Glad to see the discussion is still
> alive here.

Welcome to this forum, Ditch_Digging_Yasper!

Date: August 18, 2014 02:26PM

Welcome Yasper. Love that name. I, too, had my eyes opened by the posts on FactNET. Kudos to those brave pioneers that first broke the silence. People like Justin, Larry, Ailina, Nero, ChangedAgain, jon, Marilyn L, etc etc. many thanks to all who shared with us your stories and testimonies. You each helped liberate me. I can't thank you enough.

Current Page: 80 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.