Current Page: 66 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: June 01, 2014 10:35PM

"laughable". Maybe not so laughable when you discover just how emotionally damaging it is. Sad. : )

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 02, 2014 01:06AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "laughable". Maybe not so laughable when you
> discover just how emotionally damaging it is.
> Sad. : )

Yes, I agree. In my case, the ramifications of 21 years of constant exposure to a highly toxic/controlling culture. I suspect some of those posting on this forum have had even more years of mental and emotional conditioning to fend with.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 02, 2014 01:28AM

On a positive note, my experience in TLWF did give me an understanding of how sociopaths function, and the importance of distancing myself from them at all costs. A very expensive and exceedingly time-consuming lesson...but I eventually did learn it.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 02, 2014 01:53AM

FCSLC Wrote:
> Exousia: Contained in 93 New Testament verses,
> the root word for 102 variously translated
> words/applications; amazing studies available at
> our “Google -- ing” fingertips.
>
> lily rose -- Thank you. The good ones can use
> this word “exousia” to give you personal
> freedom while the bad ones can use it to subvert
> and subjugate you. I can envision someone
> preaching for good or evil in my mind right now.
>
> The “War in Heaven” for me is about personal
> agency: The right to reject that which goes
> beyond Christ’s teachings and the right to not
> entrust oneself to cultic human B.S. or any other
> dominating type beings/life forms or
> organizations. I would enjoy reading any special
> insights you have received over the years if you
> care to share/post them on this forum.
>
> Thanks again to all the posters on this forum and
> the less frequent topics brought to light by them;
> I so desperately needed to hear all this stuff, it
> is empowering. Freedom and empowerment is
> extremely precious for those (especially me) who
> have escaped the “Walk” and current TLWF.

I agree. For me if the word that is spoken does not agree with the Bible, then God did not speak to them or if they add any additional new stuff to what the Bible says, then God didn't speak to them. Now being a teacher type sometimes you can't accurately interpret God's word without carefully looking at language which can take hard work and time. Cult researcher Ron Enroth made this comment about authority and submission: Bible scholars point out the New Testament concept of authority as expressed in the Greek word exousia does not have the connotation of jurisdiction over the lives of others. Now that truth sets me free.

Some words : dunamis kratos exousia
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 02, 2014 09:16PM

These words in the Google search slot

dunamis exousia kratos

[www.google.com]

These words in the Google search slot

dunamis exousia kratos greek political

[www.google.com]

and these words dunamis kratos "tyrant"

(using quotation marks gives a search term priority -- its the same
as the exact phrase or all words slot in Google.)
[www.google.com]

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: June 03, 2014 12:59AM

As far as "pastors" directing peoples lives. Read what Christ said concerning a brothers request. Luke 12:12-14 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?”

Say what? Here is the Creator of everything not interfering with this brothers desire. My point is this; Pastors do not need to inject themselves into every detail of peoples lives. However, for some pastors, doing so places them in the position to "rule" over the flock. It's how they define being a pastor. I am not against seeking advice, counsel, or help in getting direction, but decisions have to be left to the person seeking guidence and without being judged into submission.

Date: June 03, 2014 07:32AM

changedagain Wrote:
> On a positive note, my experience in TLWF did give
> me an understanding of how sociopaths function,
> and the importance of distancing myself from them
> at all costs. A very expensive and exceedingly
> time-consuming lesson...but I eventually did learn
> it.

changedagain, I would add to that and how false teachers function.

Date: June 03, 2014 08:23AM

jhorning Wrote:
> As far as "pastors" directing peoples lives. Read
> what Christ said concerning a brothers request.
> Luke 12:12-14 Someone in the crowd said to
> him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the
> inheritance with me.” Jesus replied, “Man, who
> appointed me a judge or an arbiter between
> you?”

>
> Say what? Here is the Creator of everything not
> interfering with this brothers desire. My point is
> this; Pastors do not need to inject themselves
> into every detail of peoples lives. However, for
> some pastors, doing so places them in the position
> to "rule" over the flock. It's how they define
> being a pastor. I am not against seeking advice,
> counsel, or help in getting direction, but
> decisions have to be left to the person seeking
> guidence and without being judged into

Yes, recommendations are good. God does ban the "lord it over" control structure. In Galatians 5:1 we learn that false teachers were adding rules to God's church, rules they claimed must be obeyed. But Paul instructed Christians to stand firm against them. Church leaders have authority in running church matters, not our personal lives.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 03, 2014 09:16AM

Dr Ronald Enroth:

[[A practice common to both cultic and certain Christian groups is to seek to control the private lives of followers. Christians need to beware of those leaders who claim "a direct word from the Lord" concerning a person's finances, family matters, or major decisions such as the choice of a life partner or a career. Bible scholars point out that the New Testament concept of authority as expressed in the Greek word exousia does not have the connotation of jurisdiction over the lives of others. Rather, it is the authority of truth, the authority of wisdom and experience which can be evidenced in a leader who is held up as a special example who can commend himself "to every man's conscience in the sight of God." (II Cor. 4:2)]]

-------------------------------

Jesus is the best example. (Luke 12:12-14 are great --- adding it to my favorites)

Thanks to lily rose, jhorning, corboy, Dr Ronald Enroth.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: June 04, 2014 02:39AM

1st Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to understand Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman and God is the head of Christ.

In Christ - when men who are brothers in Christ - when brothers come together - men won't take a place of authority over one another -( as if they were the spiritual head of one another) for Christ is the head of every man and as Christ is revered by , every man his brother - as the spiritual head of the church, all the brothers will relate to one another - showing respect for one another , they will give preference to one another - for as Christ IS revered, and all men are relating to Christ as both Savior and Lord they become One in their faith in Jesus Christ who was given to the Church as the spiritual head of the church. This is the ( Oneness) we have together as members of the body of Christ. HE is Lord.

Jesus spoke this to His own disciples.
Matthew 23:8 Do not be called Rabbi -for ONE is your Teacher. and you are all brothers.

23:9 And do not call any one on earth your father, for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

23:10 And do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is Christ.

But the greatest among you, shall be your servant. And who ever exalts himself shall be humbled and who ever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Jesus did not give those who are brothers - a chair - to sit in - to preside over - one another - as The spiritual Teacher, as a spiritual father, or as spiritual leaders, for One is your Leader and that is Christ.

Those who have exalted themselves above and over their brothers - who humble themselves to Christ - will be exalted.

This is one of the answers needed to the many kinds of sufferings that take place when the relationships between brethren are not in accordance with the Words Of Jesus Christ which He made known to all.

Current Page: 66 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.