Current Page: 50 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: January 18, 2014 01:27AM

To address another area of thinking that is held by TLWF - that is not according to what Christ taught and commanded and not according to what the early apostles taught the saints of the early church. This thinking held - is also a cause of miss treatment and unnecessary suffering - in the church.

1st Corinthians 6:4 Do not be yoked (bound) together with unbelievers for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness or what fellowship has light with darkness.

The thinking held by the ministry of TLWF is that those who are married should only be married to some one who is equally yoked together with them, in living their lives for the Lord.

However the ministry of TLWF - used and miss applied the above Scripture by applying it to those who are married. The Chapter of 1st Corinthians 6 is not addressing those who are married.. Yet the ministry of TLWF and the members of the church use this one Scripture - miss applying it in their thinking, as a Godly cause - for a member to divorce their spouse.

It is eye opening, to realize that men can build a religious doctrine, which they live by, around one sentence out of a Chapter in the Bible and use it, to support them having the authority as ministries - to destroy the relationship between a husband and wife.

This thinking began to be taught and thought in the mid 1980's and was well on it's way to being established as a way of thinking by the early 1990's. It went hand in hand with the idea that the members were to be unconditionally obedient to the will of the ministry in the decisions the ministry was making over the lives and for the lives of the members of the church.

If a member of the church who was married - was considered by the ministry - to not be equally yoked together - as a rule of thumb the ministry would meet privately with the spouse who was loyal and given to being obedient to the ministry and supportive of the ministry as the spiritual authority over their lives - . the ministry would privately influence and direct the one spouse to divorce their spouse, so that they could live their life, not hindered by their spouse - not hindered from fulfilling the calling of God on their life, as a ministry or as a member of the church.

In order to use and apply this Scripture to those who are married one would have to invalidate the Word of God, because, Jesus taught regarding those who are married ( Mark 10:9 -19 Matthew 19:6 ) that when a man and woman married - that they are no longer two but are One. And He commanded that no one was to be involved in separating those who were married - no one was to be involved in tearing apart what God has joined together.

And if you remember the ministry after this foreign thinking was established over the church - the ministry also was forbidding some people to date one another or forbidding unmarried people - to begin a relationship with one another and forbidding some who wanted to marry - refusing to give them their permission as ministries - to marry. The ministry was controlling every aspect of the members relationships with one another.

In 1st Timothy 4:1-3 the apostle addresses those who forbid to marry.- which the apostle said , was being taught by those who were hypocritical liars, whose conscience was seared as with a red hot iron.

However the apostle Paul does give instruction to the church regarding marriage and specifically addresses directly - being married to an unbeliever in ( 1st Cor. Chapter 7 ) And in what Paul was teaching Paul more over " encourages" those who are married to an unbeliever - not to send their unbelieving spouse away or to separate themselves from their unbelieving spouse .- as long - as the unbelieving spouse is willing to live with the believing spouse and this was taught by Paul as being - for the sake of the unbelieving spouse and for the sake of the married couples children - that a believing spouse should rather remain living as married with an unbelieving spouse. .

Paul in teaching - does not touch with what he teaches - the relationship of those who are married. Paul clearly is subject to Christ in what Paul teaches - because Paul does not involve himself in separating or tearing apart the relationship of those who are married in what he teaches the Saints in this matter. . Those in the early church who were married - made their own decisions about the relationship they had with one another, in their own marriage,.

Paul as an apostle, Paul entreats the people , reasons and encourages the saints with wisdom so that all those who are related by marriage to some one who was not of the same faith believing that Jesus Christ was the Messiah - these men were not mistreated or caused to be rejected or condemned by the teachings of the apostles, when it came to marriage and the family . .

So the whole idea and teaching that has been taught by the ministry of TLWF - that any one should be caused to divorce one's spouse because they are unequally yoked together with an unbeliever - can clearly be seen as being taught by the ministry of TLWF - in direct opposition to what Christ taught and commanded OR in direct opposition to what the apostles of the early church taught , to the believing members, of the early church.

My hope is that the members of the church will hear and recognize the truth in these matters addressed and take steps as members of the church to bring an end themselves to the wrong kind of thinking they have had - and bring an end themselves to the unnecessary suffering they subject themselves to by believing things that have nothing to do with Christ or the Word and teachings of Christ .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 18, 2014 10:05AM

I love your posts Invisible. You’re a true scriptorian and what you posted is absolutely true.

Blasphemy:

“To Be A Christian” in my opinion, is the foundational tool of conscription for the legalistic, oppressive way of life existing today in the TLWF.

Trying to save yourself, through extreme works of submission, duty, sacrifice, servitude, self-denial, mental denial, all kinds of denial and plain perverted human effort/endeavor never produces Freedom in the Spirit.

It just doesn’t get a person any closer to God. It does make for good, noble religion however.

I love this forum. You can talk about anything without getting rebuked; an impossibility under the current TLWF regime. And, even if rebuked, we can deny it before God, since we’re insulated by our cover names.

It’s almost too good to be true!

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 18, 2014 10:40AM

There are so many LW spouses that live in a fear of being split up from their partners by Marilyn, in the name of the "unequal yoke". This is the insecurity that drives much of the submission to G&M. And we are told "insecurity is the satan of the kingdom". Seems like it is the "glue of the kingdom". G&M's kingdom, that is.

Date: January 18, 2014 01:38PM

By the way, the condition of an "unequal yoke" as defined in the Living Word, is when one spouse is more loyal to Marilyn than the other. It's nothing else.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: January 19, 2014 12:07AM

We can read in Matthew 19 concerning what the Lord Jesus says about marriage and divorce. I remember hearing a word jrs brought titled, "What will it be like to be married in the kingdom."(something like that) where he says we (tlwf) do not believe in divorce,it is sin, but the reality is that it happens.The grace of Christ still applies and those who divorce can find forgiveness, like other sins. Where tlwf went wrong, in my opinion, was in g/m proactive actions of splitting up married couples. Several pastors were told they had to divorce their wives if they wanted to continue to be a pastor in their church. It was the "jezebel" excuse. I said this one Sunday back in 1984 when asked what I thought about g/m upcoming marriage. My wife and I were expelled from the church here in Phoenix the same day. Many beautiful married couples were split up because of the pressure and manipulation of the leadership of tlwf.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: January 19, 2014 01:21AM

To share another thing that helped me to put some things, into perspective.

definition : Trust - firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability or strength of some one or something.

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus says the Lord, Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind, And makes flesh His strength, And whose heart turns away from the Lord.

Jer. 5:7 Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord.
John 2:24 But Jesus on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men, and He did not need any one to bear witness concerning man for He Himself knew what was in man.

When I found this in the Scriptures - I began to see and to understand what had been the cause of much of my own sufferings in my life for .I realized I had miss placed my trust and so I suffered the consequences of having put my trust in man, in having entrusted my self to men, in the relationship with those I had with those in the church.

And so the magnitude of my own personal grieving and sorrow , decreased when I found the answer I needed, which gave me hope to live my life knowing, I should not put my trust in man.

And I was surprised to also realize that Jesus did not entrust Himself to His own disciples' or to any other man because He knew what was in "all " men.

By what is written in the Scripture about Jesus in this , I also realized that Jesus already understood and knew what was in man - He did not need to hear the witness of the things that all men are capable of doing or of what men do. And yet, He did not turn his heart away from His fellow man or love them any less because of the knowledge He had about what was in men.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said to Him, Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

Jesus did not lift Himself up above men, as a man - He did not take the place of God in His relationship with men. He made God, as He IS known to men.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: January 19, 2014 01:27AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way, the condition of an "unequal yoke" as
> defined in the Living Word, is when one spouse is
> more loyal to Marilyn than the other. It's
> nothing else.

I agree. You have to acknowledge the humility in the Apostle Pauls word's "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:9

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 19, 2014 10:10AM

Invisible wrote:

“John 2:24 But Jesus on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men, and He did not need any one to bear witness concerning man for He Himself knew what was in man.”

&

“Jeremiah 17:5 Thus says the Lord, Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind, And makes flesh His strength, And whose heart turns away from the Lord.”

&

“And I was surprised to also realize that Jesus did not entrust Himself to His own disciples' or to any other man because He knew what was in "all " men.”

=====================

The above really “chaps my hide”!!! I was my own man until I got into the “Walk”. There are apparent inconsistencies in the New Testament. Jesus versus Paul could make for a good study.

If the above verses were emphasized and made the plumb line, nobody in their right mind would submit to another human. Throw out all the garbage about submitting, submission, prophetic words over your life from humans-----------garbage, it was all garbage! What a wasteland.

I don’t care. Judgment cannot come from humans; everything ministered to me by man is nullified, rescinded and despised. I’ve been trying to forget about it for a long time.

I mentioned before that the “Kingdom of God was within you”. Many people in Eastern Societies are having the “God Experience” without taking orders or submitting to man. Perhaps they’re one step ahead or perhaps we’re one step behind because of the “Walk” B. S.

You can find more “True God” out in the lonely places rather than in church. Some mystical happenings happen out in the desert-------maybe that’s why Jesus withdrew Himself so much.

Bob Dylan was right, “The answers are blowing in the wind.”

The posts are great, thanks to all.

(P.S. My marriage IS unequally yoked, she gives all the orders!!)

Date: January 19, 2014 11:10AM

Larry, is this the TV show you were talking about?

[youtu.be]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 19, 2014 12:10PM

jhorning Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where tlwf went wrong, in my opinion, was in
> g/m proactive actions of splitting up married
> couples.

Playing God...poorly.

Current Page: 50 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.