Current Page: 49 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 13, 2014 04:44AM

Paleface wrote: [A friend of mine told me this... "Back in the caveman days, religion was invented so the weak, skinny guy could get a woman."]

~~~~~~~~~

It’s true.

In addition to women; goods and services provided by the believing minions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 14, 2014 02:29AM

I'm sorry. My last post might have been a bit offensive to some. Let me re-phrase it. Ask yourself this: " do any of the people in leadership at the LW seem a bit power-hungry?" Do you recall Jesus ever teaching about the "upward flow principle" or the "90/10 rule" that Gary and Marilyn Hargrave teach?

Date: January 14, 2014 10:09AM

Dear paleface,

As a “truth seeker” I was not in the least offended by your post. You could have said, “Religion was invented so the homely woman could get a man.” History indicates a time when women had control of everything.

What offends me the most, is that my worst, “s...hty” experiences have come from dealings with Christians. (except for my mom & dad & siblings)

Why is Jesus cool? He associated with harlots, tax gatherers and those in the gutter and was able to handle it perfectly. No condescension coming from Him! (very cool)

I suspect He can handle everything: From explaining apparent evolution to the disappearance of God the Father in the current physical world.

As Invisible wrote in an earlier post: “keep on keeping on!”

PS: I know nothing about the 90/10 rule. But the word “rule” already puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Date: January 14, 2014 02:22PM

The 90/10 rules is this: local shepherds are to only spend 10% of their energy on the sheep, and spend 90% of their energy ministering to the "upward flow", i.e. Marilyn. This also is reflected in how the finances flow out of the local church. But it was more like 80/20. Most local churches send 80% of their tithes to LA.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 15, 2014 09:51AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 90/10 rules is this: local shepherds are to
> only spend 10% of their energy on the sheep, and
> spend 90% of their energy ministering to the
> "upward flow", i.e. Marilyn.

If indeed 100% of the proceeds of the sale of the South Gate church went to Marilyn...that would be taking the upward flow to the max.

Date: January 16, 2014 12:24PM

Mel Bailey passed away recently. He was a pastor at the Church of His Holy Presence in Anaheim. He worked to support himself until the day he died (mid to late 80’s in age I was told). 90/10 rule, trickle down (not), always upward whatever ------ the goods always stay at the top.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: January 17, 2014 01:51AM

FCSLC Wrote:
> Mel Bailey passed away recently. He was a pastor
> at the Church of His Holy Presence in Anaheim. He
> worked to support himself until the day he died
> (mid to late 80’s in age I was told). 90/10
> rule, trickle down (not), always upward whatever
> ------ the goods always stay at the top.

Acts 20:33-35
"...I have not coveted anyone’s silver or gold or clothing.You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions.In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

Perfect example of how a true apostle lives and ministers. Instead of making their living off the flock, the current leadership of tlwf, should be the ones who by their faith and hard work support those they are called to shepherd.

I remember reading "..…"Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven."Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ."But the greatest among you shall be your servant.…" Matthew 23:9-11

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 17, 2014 01:30PM

paleface Wrote:
> Do you recall Jesus ever teaching about the "upward
> flow principle" that Gary and Marilyn Hargrave teach?

Matthew 19:21:
Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to Gary and Marilyn, and you will have treasure in heaven."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 01:31PM by changedagain.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: January 18, 2014 12:30AM

changedagain Wrote:
> paleface Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Do you recall Jesus ever teaching about the
> "upward
> > flow principle" that Gary and Marilyn Hargrave
> teach?
>
> Matthew 19:21:
> Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go
> and sell your possessions and give to Gary and
> Marilyn, and you will have treasure in heaven."

I get your point. This is nothing new. Here's an example from way back in the day from the epistle of John.

"I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us. Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church."

However, there is no one around who can "...call to mind his (their, my addition)deeds." G/M have removed those in opposition to their desires from the fellowship.

Date: January 18, 2014 01:26AM

Just like N. Korea

Current Page: 49 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.