Current Page: 35 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: August 20, 2013 12:12AM

Something to consider:

There are so many high level accredited esteemed knowledgeable religious critics - in today's world - who trumpet their own names, their selves, their doctrines and their organizational programs - using the scriptures them self to promote themselves by means of claims of the accuracy of their interpretations' .

If they are not a church organization they are a big business organization or part of or in support of, fighting to bring another down, so they may sit a high on top of the mount of the congregation or on the top of a mountain.

Money speaks to money, or money hopes for more money - these hunger to possess the flock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chaos1952 ()
Date: August 20, 2013 02:02AM

I said that John Stevens was a mile off in doctrine. I want to clarify that a little. I was a mile off too in doctrine, he didn't make me believe what I believed, I WANTED to believe what I believed. I was not indoctrinated in the Walk from birth like many people that are in it now. Some of the people that are in it, are children of people that have been booted out. One way to see it is those that were not indoctrinated into the Walk from childhood CHOSE to follow the madness. People turn to false prophets to get their ears tickled, it's not always that they have been abused as children and need a father figure, sometimes they simply see the possibility to fulfill their own need for power and self esteem. When I say things about JRS, I really mean no disrespect for any good he did. There may have been some good intentions with him, along with a lot of perverted lust for power, I don't know about the money. It is possible to serve up nutritious food and poison from the same kitchen. However, from what I have heard, I don't think the "new Walk" leaders have anything intentions in mind at all other than control and money. At some point, we all pay our dues. These two have it coming, either on the day of judgement, or as I have said before, at some point they could ruin the wrong man. OR, they could repent, and maybe that is something I will consider praying about. I would much rather see the story of the Living Word come out for the good, but there seems to be little chance of it barring a miracle. John Stevens had a lot to do with closing off the Walk from the outside world in my opinion, he instilled paranoia, the Walk unlike the early church avoided persecution. They always got around the circle and pretended to fight some devil assault that was coming, but I don't think the devil had any reason to assault us, we were accomplishing what he wanted us to accomplish. I think JRS didn't want to have any sort of leadership over him because he wanted to believe the garbage that he believed. I said before, I think he was in it for the self esteem. I don't know how much money he had, or how much Marilyn inherited from the sweat of the "little people's" tithes, but I believe Marilyn had a lot to gain when JRS died.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: August 20, 2013 04:58AM

I read the commentary posted - written by Reverend G.Richard Fisher beginning with a critique on Francis Frangipane. Just one of many men, G.R. Fisher has written about - who are involved in other religious organizations, other than the one he is involved in,

In commenting, I wasn't making an effort to defend any of those G.R. Fisher has written about. All of the 100's of religious organizations all have doctrines and teachings they disagree on. Each believing their religion has the truth. And this is what they do, to try to prove their own interpretation is accurate.

God is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of man that He should repent. Let God be found true and every man a liar. This to me, is a much, safer attitude to have.

The apostle Paul, found the Berean Jews to be more noble minded, to have a quality of character that those in Thessalonica did not have. And the content of the scripture referencing the Berean's, seems to be commending them for having this special quality of character and quality of mind.

Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble-character (were more noble minded ) than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures everyday to see if what Paul said was true.

The truth concerning the Good News by the early prophets, those things concerning Christ the Messiah, had already been written and could be found in the early writings & Scriptures , which both the Berean's and those in Thessalonica both had access to examine for finding the truth . But it was the Bereans who got involved , eagerly looking to verify the truth they were hearing, that Paul was speaking.

After all is said, it is up to each person to seek the Lord to know Him for their self, if they have a hunger to know the truth, it will be opened up to them and they will find Him.

And besides J.R. Steven's is no longer here to ask him what he meant by anything he said. And it is amazing that several people can hear the same words written or spoken and not hear the same thing.

It is written in the Bible, that when God spoke some said they heard thunder - while others heard what He was saying. And some of those who heard, thought is was madness while others heard and turned their hearts to God.

So It must be an individual matter for each man , apart from other men ?

My comment was poised as being just something to consider:

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 23, 2013 06:49AM

So what happened? Did we lose all the posts from the last 2 years?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 23, 2013 06:52AM

That may be the case.

Date: August 27, 2013 02:21AM

It is too bad that so many excellent posts got lost. Did anybody save any, so they could be re-posted?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 12, 2013 12:59AM

I wish I could claim I was surprised Miller became a channel of Satan, losing both his ministry and pension...but I'm not. Strangely, I still think he is a good guy. Perhaps this errant attitude is the result of an evil, sympathetic streak that resides in me--never fully eradicated by a living word. Oh well.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 12, 2013 11:00AM

Quote: changedagain

I wish I could claim I was surprised Miller became a channel of Satan, losing both his ministry and pension...but I'm not. Strangely, I still think he is a good guy. Perhaps this errant attitude is the result of an evil, sympathetic streak that resides in me--never fully eradicated by a living word. Oh well.

John Miller was a good guy when I knew him!! His whole family as well.

The new definitions of Satan:

A --- Will it cost us money? Yes = satan
B --- Is their walk with God strong enough to cause a distraction from us? Yes = satan.

C --- Are they old enough to have an air of natural wisdom that the people can sense and thereby be a distraction from us? Yes = satan.

D --- Do they possess great scriptural knowledge that gets in the way of our twisted-scripture agenda? Yes = satan.

E --- Did they take the IRS “Vow of Poverty” back in the days of their youth (I know of one zealous person in the Walk that did) and thereby become ineligible for Social Security? Old age creeps up and where does the support come from------especially with rising old age health care costs. Does this problem exist? Yes = satan.

F --- Do they have a tendency to be merciful and non-judgmental? Yes = satan.

G --- Is it competition or a general inconvenience? Yes = satan.

This could go on forever-----so just what is the average age for those still in the Walk?

My wife and I were in our mid-thirties when we left. We were disturbed at the fact that we were “thirty-five year old children” still taking orders from mommy and daddy so to speak.

We are not kowtowing to the spiritual giants anymore. Life is good.

I liked John Miller. It’s been twenty eight years since I’ve seen him. Did he get stuck between a rock and a hard place that was none of his own doing?

Date: September 16, 2013 02:01PM

John Miller was forsaken by those he had given his life to. I think the above posts are correct. He was too mature in the Lord and was a distraction from the focus on Marilyn. To this day there are few leaders in the LW with a true sheperd's heart like Miller. He is one whom the corruption of power has passed over. So now he is labeled as "the enemy". The congregants are being blantly lied to about what happen. The curious are told to not ask. A general shunning order is in place. The hatchmen of this are: Phylis and Craig Haworth and Bruce and Gilee Larson. These people should know better, but they must choose to ignore their own inner voices. I didn't think Christains could stoop so low. But then again, the LW isn't really Christian is it?

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 18, 2013 12:52PM

What a sad situation for John Miller. You say he is under a general shunning order, so forty (?) years of service and friendship counts for nothing. This is disturbing-----become a Christian and dump your family and friends as well as future family, friends, brothers and sisters whenever the order comes down. Live for the orders that come down because nothing else is of any value, integrity or honor. Nice lifestyle, showcase value system----the model for the Kingdom of God on Earth. (not)

Is it any wonder some churches have adopted a more democratic church government where things are voted on and the pastor is hired? Instead of submission, agreement is the deciding factor. Excommunication would be by congregational vote instead of by the whims of one or two.

It now seems to me (hindsight is 20/20) that the New Testament pattern of church government lends itself to abuse and just plain outright injustice.

There is more freedom, integrity, love and honor in Babylon.

Current Page: 35 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.