Current Page: 28 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 03, 2013 06:01AM

Thank you Larry. Well said and clarified. Yes, at somepoint a person needs to stop barfing. Otherwise, it kills your gut and rots the teeth. : ) But, yes, then it is time to move on. Maybe some folks are afraid to move on. Afraid of an uncertain future. And a future that appears to be empty and meaningless when you've been entrenched in Marilyn's teaching. I know many in the LW that are convinced that they were born to serve Marilyn. The idea of a blank slate is scary for them.

This is where the real rebirth and healing happens. (I think)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: August 03, 2013 06:07AM

Chaos 1952 quote
.... but I know Marilyn made it a point to say about Finney, "if they had been of us, they never would have left us," ...............

----------------

1st John 2:19 They went out from us because they were not really of us; for if they had been of us ; they would have remained with us, but they went out so it would be shown that they all are not of us

Whether you were put out of the church, told never to come back or if you left the church,

This is one of the accusations that exists against many of the men who were former ministries in the church who left the church and the members who are not longer active members in the church. This is what the people were told, so that they would believe that this was the reason you were no longer a part of the church.

In this Scripture the apostles of the early church were addressing men who were preaching another Christ and another Gospel, who were trying to influence the members of the early church, to doubt the message that the true apostles of Christ were preaching and teaching. These men who left were warring against the truth.

Read the whole Chapter of 1st John 2 and you will be able to see that what was happening in the early church is not like what was has been happening for years in the LWF.

All those who left the LWF as ministries - while functioning in the church - I know of no one who was challenging another ministry so as to disqualify the calling on another ministries life - but those who left LWF, they were most likely unwilling to subject themselves any longer to another ministry who was mistreating them by trying to force them to do something against their wills.

I believe, this having to control another persons life - that they can't get out doing these kinds of things to their members unless they as ministries know it is wrong and then acknowledge it is wrong and then tell all the people how they have wronged so many people by getting rid of them, and how they mistreated so many who are not with them, how they put people out of the church, or spoke evil of them because they wouldn't let them have control over their lives.

I believe the leadership - did try to stop telling people what to do about 3 years ago - but it morphed into having designated relationships - and I believe this is because they don't really understand how perverse it really is, how wrong it is, and how deep it goes.

I believe that it is such a deep rooted problem and conditioned way of thinking and the way they have been living their lives for so long that unless the leadership really understands it is wrong and why it is wrong - they won't be able to all get free of the conditioning and hold this kind of thinking has on them.

When you come to know that what you have been doing is not of God - and you are not really honest with the people - to tell them that for all the years you have been controlling their lives and that the relationship you set up for them and over them - that this was never the right thing to do and explain to them the why's - that there is to be no other Lord than Christ Jesus as Lord and that we all have one Teacher, One Father who is in heaven, One that we are all brothers and all have One Lord, and that is Christ.

If you as a pastor or shepherd know it is wrong and you don't tell the people the truth - as to why you are no longer going to be telling them what to do - I believe this is the same thing as "Holding the truth in unrighteousness.

Maybe the ministry doesn't yet know it's not of God for them to impose their wills on and over another persons life , or maybe the ministry got tired of telling the people what to do and decided to give that job to the people - when they told the people they were no longer going to be telling them what to do and set up designated relationships - or maybe the ministry didn't know any other way to move forward to free the people from the relationship they have been living in and under.

No matter what - if you can hear the heart of the matter and you are a ministry - and know the truth, don't hide the wrong that has been done , tell each other the truth and then tell the people the truth ( in Christ ) and I believe the beginning of a great change will come for all the people.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: August 03, 2013 10:26AM

"but I know Marilyn made it a point to say about Finney, "if they had been of us, they never would have left us," ...............

It's also possible they left because they wanted to be free from demonic deception after reading the words of Jesus and seeing the contradictions. Nobody really leaves the body of Christ once you are born into it - people just shift around to different man-made religious structures or wander around alone. I can change my name, but I will still always be a Bobo no matter where I go. Many denominations claim to be the only true body of Christ, and the fact that they do, may actually be an indication that they are not the true body. "I follow Paul, and another I follow Apollos" was evidence to Paul that they were worldly and acting like mere men - it was not evidence of the work of God in their lives that would have made them one. If someone has accepted Jesus as their personal savior and there is the deposit of a new creation, they are a part of the Father's family. Their lives and doctrinal viewpoints will change over time, but they are still part of the family by the fact that they have been born again. "Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation."

Many have assumed the lofty position that they alone are the gatekeepers to the kingdom - if I reject you, so does God. There is one Door, and it is Jesus - not some man or woman. He suffered and died for sinners so they could partake in the kingdom - he's not trying to keep them out. When all others have forsaken you, He never will. His love is forever faithful. There is nothing human to compare it to. It's good to remember that if we choose to bounce around between churches, we still have a responsibility to stay in relationship with everyone who is a part of the Father's family - no matter what their name tag says. The factions and divisions within the body of Christ are evidence of the fruit of the flesh, not the working of God's spirit. With God's spirit, it's very easy to be one. Without God's spirit, it's impossible - and meant to be, clear back to Babel. Marriages and churches don't break up because there was too much love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Posted by: Chaos1952 ()
Date: August 03, 2013 12:43PM

Does anyone know what year Marilyn got into the WALK in the first place. I just was reading an email from a friend of mine that is steadfast of the belief that John's first wife was a nephilim and no matter what Marilyn turned out to be after John's death, she certainly must not have been bad at all when John married her because he had perfect decernment, and could not have been fooled.

Date: August 03, 2013 08:40PM

Well, here is one for everybody to think about, maybe write what you used to think of this and what you think of it now that you have left the Walk. Maybe people that are reading here that have not left the Walk would comment, as I don't know what they are teaching now, maybe some here know what they are teaching now or if they are teaching anything on the subject.

What do you all think of RESURECTION LIFE? Do you think it is at the return of Christ that all those that are alive and remain will be changed as a twinkling of the eye? Or do you believe some apostle member of the apostolic company will smoke a bowl and down a few beers and get in the mood to impart resurrection life to you? What do you think?

Date: August 03, 2013 09:27PM

The whole concept about resurrection life was that someone, and that someone was to be John Robert Stevens, would enter into resurrection life, (immortality) and he would impart that to everybody else. Does that not just a little sound like the Walk, and really, John Robert Stevens himself, thought he had to do something that was in the realm of Christ, that is what Christ did, He went to the grave and was resurrected, and He promised to return, and at His return, the graves would open and those that are alive and remain would be changed instantly, in the twinkle of an eye. WHAT, did the Living Word Fellowship think JRS was? WHO did they think he was? And, then, who do they think Marilyn is, since he chose to marry her, then she must be somebody special, ya think? Where does Gary play into all this?

I am a little confused here.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 03, 2013 10:05PM

rrmoderator
thisweek:

There is no need to put everything in caps.

Please dial it down a bit.

All caps is acceptable when prophesying. But in a public discussion forum, not appropriate.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: August 03, 2013 11:50PM

.....people just shift around to different man-made religious structures or wander around alone.

-----------------------
Nothing can seperate us from the love of God. We are His children.

We all may have ideas about what another person should be doing. When I heard the Lord call to me and say Come to Me, I am humble and gentle in nature, take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for My burden is easy and My yoke is light. When I finally heard Him ....I came to His invitation.

And I found others who in life, about life both agree and disagree but they don't really communicate, if they disagree or think another way they don't reason together , they stand away, they smile to be kind, and they are kind and they are sweet and loving and I share in this exchange with them.

Let each man work out His own salvation with fear and trembling..... "Let"

There is no one to hold on to, David's friend's, he put his trust in them, he loved them, those who he worshipped and walked with in the house of the Lord and David came to realize that it is the Lord we are to put our trust in and it is the Lord who is to be our trust.

I have encountered many who would try to put their yoke on me, or convince me, to allow some one to put a hook in my jaw to tie me to another, because they have the idea that to be well - or doing God's will , one must be involved in another man's work.

Some relate to my freedom, as being a result of being an unhealed wound, I was wounded - what they see is a scar, but they are not able to tell the difference. It boils down to this - to me - Is God enough for Me.

He is My Friend, I am not wandering alone, I am free to go in and out through the Door and find pasture..

I'm resting in Him as much as I know how to rest in Him. I have a home in Him and He in Me. He is always with Me when I need Him. I share in His goodness. He, Is The Good Shepherd.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: August 04, 2013 02:57AM

Chaos1952
Well, here is one for everybody to think about, maybe write what you used to think of this and what you think of it now that you have left the Walk. Maybe people that are reading here that have not left the Walk would comment, as I don't know what they are teaching now, maybe some here know what they are teaching now or if they are teaching anything on the subject.

What do you all think of RESURECTION LIFE? Do you think it is at the return of Christ that all those that are alive and remain will be changed as a twinkling of the eye? Or do you believe some apostle member of the apostolic company will smoke a bowl and down a few beers and get in the mood to impart resurrection life to you? What do you think?

Resurrection life? John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;..." The resurrection is a person...Christ. It will also be an event. "Christ the firstfruits..." Never was jrs. Deception certainly isn't new to our generation. it was creeping in while Paul was writing to the churches. It first entered in the garden, 2 Corinthians 11:3
"But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

If you're looking for something that doesn't exist, you usually find it.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 04, 2013 03:25AM

Please refrain from discussing theology and personal beliefs.

This thread and message board is not about discussing personal beliefs or theology.

This thread is specifically about "The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens."

Please stay focused and on topic.

Current Page: 28 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.