Current Page: 21 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Chaos1952 ()
Date: July 23, 2013 06:26AM

[soundcloud.com]

I wonder what Hargrave is up to with this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: July 23, 2013 08:27AM

He busy trying to impress the Pope.

Date: July 23, 2013 10:39AM

Maybe Marilyn will be the first female pope.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 23, 2013 10:41AM

The new Pope eschews the perks and trappings of his office. Perhaps he can impart this attitude to them.

Posted by: sierradawn ()
Date: July 23, 2013 12:58PM

Invisible
"Regarding Anonymity " - To be able to say what you wish to say with out any one knowing who you are.

I think there are probably many acceptable reasons why a person would choose to write anonymously in making a contribution - toward helping other people, who are coming to this thread. That whether a person writes using their own name or write anonymously - what is being written by both, has a value of it's own - that only the reader - should be determining for their own self the value or the worth of what is written.

John 5:59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself .....

One who hides their self , is not always hiding out of fear, a fear that needs to be over come.

Some fears we have in our life are God given.

When you see a toddler walking toward a busy street , you fear for their safety, which causes you to take action to remove them from harms way.

You are careful when using fire, having a healthy fear knowing the harm, that fire can do.. For good reason , you stay extra alert on the highway because you may if you are tired, fear falling asleep while driving.

There are authors who use Penn names, who write their novels and books, not making their identity known. Does any one read a best seller book, discounting the author as a person or their work because they did not let every one know it was them writing?

Many books of the Bible - no one knows for sure, who wrote some of these books - yet they continue to be published , are endeared by many , and they are kept and read.

I believe if one chooses to speak using their own name this is acceptable and if one chooses to write what they wish to say - anonymously, this is also acceptable.

Invisible, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I also heard from a member of this forum board via private message their reasons for staying anonymous and want everyone to know I fully respect and understand anyone's reasons for remaining anonymous. I just didn't really understand why it was so, but now I do. Both the anonymous and named posters contribute equally with the greater goal shared in freeing others still entrapped in that church.

I actually thought about remaining anonymous before writing my first post but then I realized that I would be giving too many details that would most likely identify my parents and I anyway, so I thought, "Why not cut to the chase?" and save everyone from playing the guessing game. I also felt it would have diminished the impact of my family's story by remaining anonymous and keeping out key details in order to remain anonymous.

Date: July 23, 2013 01:26PM

changedagain
The new Pope eschews the perks and trappings of his office. Perhaps he can impart this attitude to them.

You never can tell. Maybe the Living Word will all join up with the Catholics, that would be better than what they are now.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: July 23, 2013 01:58PM

sierradawn,
I was in Des Moines from 1969-1982 and often visited Shiloh, Grand Junction from 1982-4, and Palmer Lake from 1984-1999. You may know my kids - Erika, Alina, and Justin. I do understand the many reasons people post anonymously, and I respect them. I also understand the courage and honesty it takes to express yourself where not only your words, but who you are as a person, are open to criticism - especially on an apologetic web site. Perhaps our greatest testimony to the truth is that we get healthier over time - not just dwell on the faults of where we have lived in the past. For me, who you are is more important than what you say. I'm encouraged by where you are at in your personal life - few seem to be able to reach deeper into their personal walk with God after leaving TLWF.

I've often thought it is much like the man who swam 3/4 of the way across a lake and decided he couldn't make it all the way- so he swam back. Or like the scene from Karate Kid - wax on , wax off. There is so much work that God has done in so many lives that they feel has been wasted. It is so not true. The best days are ahead - if we keep walking. I was very involved in TLWF and thought I had a very deep walk with God. It's almost comical now, how unhealthy it was. Actually, the "submission" lessons we learned are quite helpful if you apply them to Jesus commands instead of a human. Instead of being disillusioned, we find how awesome He really is. After forcing yourself to wade through the mud of human frailties (The view never changes unless you are the lead dog!), it is quite refreshing to find a God who is absolutely perfect in every way. He really is worthy of our worship - there really is none like Him.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: July 23, 2013 04:42PM

Sierra Dawn,

Thank You for acknowledging that what I said had validity and for expressing the value you found in my thinking. I appreciate knowing you agree with what I wrote.

I became a part of the church in the 60's and went on my way in the 90's. I was present for the Thursday morning healing services held at Southgate, and when the morning Sabbath services began , I was there when the Bless inn's first started , there in the years that the service was recorded on the big reel to reel tapes, before cassette tapes existed. I still have the blue hard cover volumes of the this weeks that were printed and a few of the sermons when they were hand typed and printed on a mimeograph machine. They are a part of my history, the path I walked on, during the years of my youth. Those years are gone. I lived them with all my heart.

One thing I did throw away when I found a truth, was any lie, that I realized to be a lie, that I once believed to be the truth. And this took me years. I continue onward, in the life I live today.

So, as a new visitor to this forum thread, I wrote about what I thought about anonymity because of the thoughts that came to mind in reading what was said about writing anonymously

Date: July 23, 2013 05:43PM

One reason to post anonymously is when you know someone still in Living Word and they would be held responsible for what you say in this forum....that said, I want to comment on the interest the Hargraves are giving the Catholics down in Brazil. A friend of mine told me that he thought that Hargrave might "minister to the Catholics" but I see it just the opposite to that. I think if the Living Word people are lucky, the Catholics might just be successful in converting them, seeing them saved and delivered from a dangerous cult. Maybe they will be lucky enough to get out of the WALK and into Catholicism.

The bad side of it is the fact that the Catholics are going to be exposed to a dangerous cult. Well, we'll pray for them......

chaos

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 23, 2013 08:18PM

Chaos1952:

" the fact that the Catholics are going to be exposed to a dangerous cult."?

Not a fact, but rather a fantasy.

This thread is about "The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens."

Please stay on topic and cease with needless speculations about other religious groups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 08:18PM by rrmoderator.

Current Page: 21 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.