Current Page: 14 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 16, 2012 05:55AM

The empire of the Living Word continues to shrink. Most of the churches
are starting to look like old western mining towns where the mining is almost
done and most everyone has moved away. But a few folks remain, keeping the
post office running and the local hotel open. An semi-ghost town atmosphere.

What is interesting is that some of the senior leaders have been "retired"
or kicked out. I guess it's like a large corporation that lays off it's
older workers so that they don't have to give them a pension. I suspect
the core leadership of the LW is being forced to reduce staff (most who have
been very dedicated and loyal) to keep the APCO funds afloat. Of course
the leadship will put a diffrerent spin on it.

If I was a young pastor or APCO guy in a LW church or facility. I
would take note of who is really being taken care of here and start a
retirement plan that excludes any dependence on LW funds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rakingman8464 ()
Date: February 07, 2013 03:29AM

yes, I was in the walk from 1972 until 1976, I was very much in the thick of it and sold out with much zeal. But then I realized that they or we hardly ever brought up the name of Jesus. which seemed odd. And then like the revelation that Paul had on the road to Damascus that radically changed his life. God through the Holy Spirit instantly showed me the deception of the walk. And I have never looked back from that day on. Now I have that relationship with Jesus Christ as christians should. the walk talks about body ministry so much, but as you know they are distorted in their thinking to just what that means. the bible says that if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another. A person needs to be identified with Jesus to be in the light. the walk can and does destroy lives.

Posted by: live2013 ()
Date: February 18, 2013 03:08PM

I was in the LWC and have talked to some of the old timers who left the LWC around 1980, pastors and leaders like Royal Cronquist, Howard and Ruth Klein, Helen and Paul Young(many of these are no longer living in this world). Those I just mentioned were wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ and I feel very blessed to have had a chance to know them. I think the story of the LWC would make an interesting TV miniseries. If anyone knows of a book about the LWC please post it on this website. I visited Shiloh the summer of 1978. Everyone had to work during the day, garden, saw mill where they made pallets, school, kitchen, farm, and other areas. I was very fortunate in that I got to spend a day at each place as I heard later some of my friends spent their whole time in just one place (many came to Shiloh for 1 to 2 weeks from all over the United States). I am thankful for the experiences I had in the LWC although I know many were hurt very deeply by what happened there and my heart goes out to you.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 20, 2013 05:28AM

The Living Word has a church in San Diego called the Church of His Kingdom. It is led by Bruce Larsen and Gilee Larson. There are reports of spiritual, emotional and mental abuse being conducted on the church members by Gilee Larson. She has been designated as the representative of Marilyn Hargrave in this church and she is swinging a big stick. Families have been torn apart. Marriages have been taxed and sheep are being harmed. But Gary Hargrave and Marilyn Hargrave do nothing.

Why? Because, if you swear allegiance to Gary and Marilyn, you basically are given a license to do just about anything you want. It's all done in the name of creating an atmosphere for Marilyn. So I ask those of you in the midst of it all: do you really, really find any kind of a shepherd's heart in any of this? Are you still finding the fruits of the spirit in COHK? Is there still kindness and gentleness there?

It sounds to me like a clear demonstration of a cult leader. Similar to Jim Jones. Remember: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: March 23, 2013 06:18AM

Our spiritual freedom comes from viewing the teachings of men through the lens of Jesus’ words. We must be careful not to allow ourselves to be deceived into turning that around and viewing Jesus’ words through the lens of the teachings of men. They all claim to have a special position that gives them unique insight, effectively making themselves a mediator between God and man – blocking the true relationship every believer should have directly with Christ. That is for Jesus alone – humans can’t give each other a nature change or as the saying goes, ”God has no grandchildren”. Jesus said, ”Nobody comes to the Father except through me” and “I am the Vine and you are the branches – apart from me you can do nothing”.

Very often the hidden agenda of false shepherds is to draw men after themselves, isolating their followers from the rest of the Body, and then wreaking havoc in their personal lives. Some are so deeply wounded they will not have anything to do with Jesus again – exactly Satan’s purpose. Once isolated from the view of other authorities in the Body of Christ, they can pretend to be God. These false shepherds never seem to be able to play god to each other (they know better), only to the followers they have deceived.

Satan’s goal has always been to take the place of God in people’s lives and he does it as an angel of light. We would not be drawn to his true colors – he must imitate God. He wants to be worshipped. Jesus warned that many would come saying they were the Christ – even deceiving the elect. Between His warning and a little fruit inspection, it should overrule our “revelation” or deception as we later come to understand. Unfortunately, unless there is a major crisis, we lose all sense of objectivity after we have been programmed to think a certain way. He also said to call no man master – you have one Master and you are all brothers. Call no man father – you have one Father and He is in heaven. Call no man teacher – you have one Teacher, the Christ. When we honestly examine our spiritual wounds, we will find we chose to ignore these instructions.

The apostle John said, ”The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth.” Jesus is the plumb line – not man. He is the only way to the Father – He does need anything else added by some false leader. His words are spirit and life – greater than the words of any man. His commands are not so complicated they require a seminary degree to understand – just an obedient heart. After all, He is the one doing the work in us – it’s not by our own effort. Where He has been at work there will be evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. The good Shepherd comes to give abundant life. The false shepherd comes to kill, steal, and destroy - especially that which belongs to God alone.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: April 07, 2013 05:33AM

paleface
The Living Word has a church in San Diego called the Church of His Kingdom. It is led by Bruce Larsen and Gilee Larson. There are reports of spiritual, emotional and mental abuse being conducted on the church members by Gilee Larson. She has been designated as the representative of Marilyn Hargrave in this church and she is swinging a big stick. Families have been torn apart. Marriages have been taxed and sheep are being harmed. But Gary Hargrave and Marilyn Hargrave do nothing.

Why? Because, if you swear allegiance to Gary and Marilyn, you basically are given a license to do just about anything you want. It's all done in the name of creating an atmosphere for Marilyn. So I ask those of you in the midst of it all: do you really, really find any kind of a shepherd's heart in any of this? Are you still finding the fruits of the spirit in COHK? Is there still kindness and gentleness there?

It sounds to me like a clear demonstration of a cult leader. Similar to Jim Jones. Remember: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

I've heard that John and Ellen Miller have divorced. Another one bites the dust. :0(

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: April 12, 2013 09:10AM

jhorning
paleface

I've heard that John and Ellen Miller have divorced. Another one bites the dust. :0(

John Miller was the on again off again pastor of the Church of His Kingdom located in San Diego.

Posted by: Solitare ()
Date: May 11, 2013 04:31PM

daisy debi flower
you said it .....is any one out there to listen??????

i just found this place and i was in the walk for 20 years. i had the arranged marriage and worked in the kingdom businesses. it was a hard life but made me tough..

i have 3 sons who were born into the group and are out now but the damage has been done. please reply and we can chat....debi

Wow, Surfing late at night can really take you places.

Daisy Debi Flower, you sound like someone I knew who was at the Spokane Church / School 1978-1979. School mates at the time. I heard that the Debbie I knew was in an arrainged marrage (at a very very young age) and moved to Shilo. Others who I remember, Tim with the cool car, Dan and his Brother Mike, Gaila, Roy who played an Ovation Guitar, The pastors son Rick.

I was there for my senior year, I came over from Seattle. My Brother Lew, as far as I know, is still an elder back in Shilo but lived in Spokane at the time.

I grew up not trusting anyone, so I was usually standing on the outside looking in. I've been in my own Walk for awhile now. I often think of the people who really believed. The Spirit was there. It just got twisted to a point it finally broke.

I remember alot of good people who where looking for something, but they trusted some who they should not have. In the end, it fell all apart.

I have read thing in blogs about crazy stuff (drinking, drugs) I didn't see any of that, unless you are talking about some of us older students in high school. That goes on at all High Schools. Especially in 1979

If this is the Debbie who I hope it is, It would be nice to chat. For the little bit we talked back then, I have often thought of you and some others, wondering how things turned out.

God allows us to meet some who, in a moment, change our lives in a better way.

I see that this was written a few years ago, so I doubt I will get a reply.

Posted by: Chaos1952 ()
Date: July 08, 2013 07:28AM

I was in the WALK from about 1977 to 1983. I was in the Atlanta church. I am wondering if there are any reading here that are familiar with that little church or were in any of the churches in the Southeastern United States. We considered the church in Knoxville Tennessee as our "mother church," as that was the church that we affiliated ourselves with. Mostly our church was a house church, had it at my house as a matter of fact.

chaos

Posted by: Chaos1952 ()
Date: July 08, 2013 08:03AM

Whatever happened to John Miller? I met him at Shiloh. BTW, let me introduce myself. I was in the Walk from about 1977 to 1983 or early 1984. I am from the South, and most likely there are few people that realize there were churches in the South, I was in the Atlanta (Georgia) church, we were under the Knoxville Tennessee Church. This is my first time posting here. I am interested in how things are going in the Walk now-days. I pretty much left when I went out to the Valley church right after JRS died. That was a huge mess. Marilyn proved to be a total waste of time. If JRS had any revelation at all, he would not have been deceived by that chick. She kept saying she was going to show a video of "John" commissioning her, but that tape was never shown, she also said it was going to be sent out un-edited, and that was a lie, as it was hugely edited. I recall Mike Shimerhorn saying "I didn't know this Jesus dude, I know John." Marilyn kept changing clothes like she was in some Hollywood production, (which she was) and she was pretty much stoned to the max. I hope someone will answer, as I am very interested in what has become of the Walk since I left. I have heard bits and pieces. If anyone is from the South then be sure to answer.

chaos

Current Page: 14 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.