Current Page: 6 of 14
Gurdjieff groups in the SF Bay Area--mid-seventies
Posted by: shakti ()
Date: March 30, 2007 12:38AM

mxkitty
There may be a connection between government mind control experiments and this cult. I have suspected so for years and I'm gathering more information for corroboration of this theory.

One of the Sonoma cult's members told me (when he was very drunk and probably should have kept his mouth shut) that The Group is connected to Bohemian Grove, which is just as creepy.

[www.infowars.com]

Good discussion going here! Yes, the Grove is creepy and people who think that "there is no connection" between weird New Age/occult scenes in the Bay Area and powerful government/business types need to explain the Grove. Or hell, at least explain Esalen and the Institute of Noetic Sciences. Not to engage in "conspiracy theories" which are unpopular on this board, but destructive cults cannot get away with their evil without the protection of the powerful and connected. See: Scientology, Reverend Moon, or Jim Jones and the SF establishment in the 70s, etc.

On a side note, I am looking for info on a Gurdjieff group that "was in Colorado, then moved to New Mexico". Sorry for so little info to go on, but that is all I have...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mxkitty ()
Date: March 30, 2007 02:57AM

Here are some exerpts about Subud from Alex Constantine’s book, [i:dc8b9693ba]Virtual Government[/i:dc8b9693ba] in a chapter section called “Cult Abuse of Children and Mind Control Programming”:

“In 1966 Charles Buckey built a preschool in Manhattan Beach, California. Buckey was an engineer at Hughes Aircraft (a household crack of the period: “Hughes [i:dc8b9693ba]is[/i:dc8b9693ba] the CIA”).

“The McMartin mind control operation was reportedly the work of an intelligence cult.

“The sect is believed to be a cut-out of the American security elite’s mind control fraternity. It isn’t unique. There is much intermingling. Janet Morris, for instance, a science fiction writer and charter member of the Association for Electronic Defense, is a member of the Subud sect, an interdemominational group with roots in Indonesia. She is also research director of the U.S. Global Strategy Council, a Washington “think tank” founded by ultra-conservatives Claire Booth Luce, Maxwell Taylor, Gen. Richard Stillwell, former CIA Deputy Directory Ray Cline and the abrasive Jeanne Kirkpatrick, among other representatives of virtual government…”

“Another prominent member of the Subud sect, according to informants, is an executive of Mattel – a leading maker of virtual reality computer games for children, similar to ones used by CIA scientists to traumatize young subjects…”

“Other Subudians include executives of TRW and Hanna-Barbara, a cartoon company founded by OSS agents.”

Posted by: cber7 ()
Date: March 30, 2007 06:53AM

There is no chance that Sharon Gans and Alex Horn-- both malignant narcissists and paranoid, and likely substance abusers-- could ever have been involved in secret government programs. Alex Horn has in fact based much of his feverish and fetid writings on government conspiracy theories. Grandiosity will do that to you. Sharon Gans was a failed actress and hardly the raw material that the government sector you mention would be interested in. For her to be involved with the US Supreme Court regarding her family-- something you had posted eleswhere-- as well as a covert government operation/experiment would be quite a juggling act, wouldn't it? This does not mean that the other stuff you mention is false.

One last thought: one would think that any government "project" would make attempts to train their victims so that they were somehow stronger internally than others. To the degree that this is true, then you may rest assured that Sharon Gans and Alex Horn could not have been involved, for they are the opposite of strong internally save in one way-- their ability to compartmentalize their behavior to justify their abuse of others.

Postulating a connection as you have done here only gives them the undue influence they don't really possess save through their victims' vulnerability and gullibility. Their strength lies solely in their ability to delude themselves and others.

Date: March 30, 2007 07:08AM

With regards to possible government mind control experimentation, I'm not talking about Alex Horn and Sharons Gans' Gurdjieff group. I'm talking about Anne Haas' Gurdjieff/Subud group.

Alex Horn and Sharon Gans aren't into Subud.

Anne Haas is - she was a student of J.G. Bennett who was a staunch supporter and teacher of Subud for many years and also knew G.I. Gurdjieff personally.

Date: March 30, 2007 07:09AM

I have NEVER posted anything about Sharon Gans or her family being involved with the US Supreme Court. For one thing, "Gans" isn't her real surname.

Posted by: cber7 ()
Date: April 01, 2007 03:39AM

My apologies for assuming you were speaking of Gans and Horn.

Date: April 03, 2007 06:41AM

Here is a link to the photograph of Rosie O'Donnell, Sharon "Gans" and Alex Horn from the SF Chronicle that accompanied The Gurdjieff Foundation's article, [i:639a150df0]Rosie, Sharon, Alex, Sharon, Robert and The Work [/i:639a150df0]:

[i47.photobucket.com]

Posted by: pomegranate ()
Date: April 19, 2007 09:44AM

mxkitty
I have heard that Anne Haas has retired from leading classes. Jim Shere, a licensed marriage counselor and therapist gives secret, private classes in his office on the outskirts of Glen Ellen, in Sonoma Valley. His eldest daughter and her husband live across the road in an old, partially restored building that was formerly known as "The Expansion Mansion." Anne Haas owns it.

Just thought I should reply to this seeing as Jim Shere is my father and his 'eldest daughter' is my sister... I can't speak for the rest of the discussion but I'm fairly certain this is just speculation, unless mxkitty knows my family better than I. I personally had to look up Gurdgieff on wikipedia to even have a clue as to what it was. However, I do know that Anne Haas' son (who I personally never liked being around anyway but that's another story...) was involved in painting the building my sister and her husband rent a portion of. It's just fairly alarming to see speculation presented like this. Occam's Razor people, please.

Posted by: jshere ()
Date: April 19, 2007 01:02PM

mxkitty
I have heard that Anne Haas has retired from leading classes. Jim Shere, a licensed marriage counselor and therapist gives secret, private classes in his office on the outskirts of Glen Ellen, in Sonoma Valley. His eldest daughter and her husband live across the road in an old, partially restored building that was formerly known as "The Expansion Mansion." Anne Haas owns it.

This is Jim Shere speaking.

I've been directed to some comments posted about me in this forum that I would like to address. I do have a general family practice in psychotherapy as a licensed MFT near Glen Ellen, but there is nothing secret about me nor is there anything especially notorious. My website at [www.sonic.net] tells more about me than anyone would want to know.

I have no connection with any Gurdjieff groups, and the only "secret meetings" at my office are appropriately confidential sessions with my clients. The owner of the house my daughter lives in nearby is not owned by Anne Haas, nor is she in fact my "eldest daughter"; an older daughter lives in another state. Dispersal of this sort of inaccurate information about my private and professional life in a public forum deeply troubles me, as you can perhaps imagine.

I am easily reached. Talk to me in person, please.

Posted by: jshere ()
Date: April 20, 2007 02:18AM

jshere
The owner of the house my daughter lives in nearby is not owned by Anne Haas...

Let me be more clear: Anne Haas does not own the building my daughter rents an apartment in, and never has to our knowledge.

I'm still waiting for a response.

Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.