Re: How Christopher Warren and NCCG / MLT Almost Cost Me My Life
Posted by: zealforyahweh ()
Date: October 28, 2011 10:20AM

I keep returning to this forum as time goes on. I am no longer a Christian and I am not speaking to Christopher Warren anymore. This is generally due to his ability to avoid topics he personally finds uncomfortable (I still have a number of unresolved issues with the group and he refused to discuss them) and because I do not know if I can trust the man. There are a number of things that still concern me, including how he plagiarized my writing and said it belonged to his group, how a certain key member also plagiarized other people's writing and attributed it to herself, the issues involving the Satanists (I have no reason to doubt that the Satanists were fake and collected considerable evidence for this over a period of time -- alas, it has been deleted, but NCCG Concern probably still has it), the false prophecy regarding my health which almost resulted in my death (and no, Warren is not an expert on my "brain shunt"), and a number of other things. However, the key thing that bugs me is his issue with intellectuals. When I challenged a number of his doctrines using solid evidence, he would constantly go on some diatribe about how I need to yield my heart to my head (instant red flag!) and "trust Yahweh." This despite evidence that (I, at least) personally found convincing (such as references to Greek -- which I am now formally studying -- which shoot his pro-polygyny exegesis of 1 Timothy 3:2 out the window). Maybe his avoidance of these things is minor (I know many mainline fundamentalist Christians who also avoid evidence), but I mention them for their potential to be dangerous.

I am currently an agnostic (an atheist in regards to Christianity) -- but I admit this could change! However, as of now, I am most definitely not a Christian. His site currently has me listed as one, even though I announced to him around July 2011 that I renounced my faith (I had been a closet agnostic -- at least to him -- since December 2010). This makes his current label (as of 10/27/2001) of me being a Christian dishonest in the extreme. I admit that he might not have thought to update it, but he should at least update it or remove it.

I only contacted the group again a few years ago because I felt guilty about how I treated them. This was prompted after a suicidal event when my ex-girlfriend broke up with me. I acknowledge that I believed a lot of crazy stuff from the time I contacted them again (June 2009) until the time I renounced my Christianity (December 2010). I say this in case another smear campaign results (which will not have me as a participant!). However, during that time, I started researching the Bible, learning Greek, studying theology, and Christian history. I also went back to college to become a pastor and rejected Christianity as a result of major discrepancies I could not (reasonably!) reconcile within the text of the Bible itself and in comparison to science. I am saying these things so that people understand why I came to accept the position that I did. I am not advocating for my views on this forum.

With these things being said, I'm not starting another campaign. I am just refusing to wear a label a pastor whom I no longer respect has thrown on me. I acknowledge that the whole cult debate is an ethical issue and I am personally of the belief that the group is a cult in the sense that it can cause psychological harm to people. However, I think it can be one and Christopher not be aware of it. I have no way of knowing for certain, but I acknowledge there is a possibility that he believes he is doing the right thing. And I am trying to do that, too. I will not chase people telling them not to join the group, but I do think nccg.info has some pretty solid information (although I don't agree with all of it). As I look back at it with a clearer head, I think it makes sense now. I also think the Internet is a (generally!) good tool and enables people to research for themselves what is true or isn't true in religion in general. I would just recommend comparing and contrasting different viewpoints to come to a more complete picture.

I also realize I've done many horrible things in my past. These things have included failed hacking attempts into emails to gain private information about"Satanists", impersonating a woman in an online forum to gain knowledge of the group, accusing Warren as using his website to obtain child brides, accusing the group of stockpiling weapons, saying some nasty things about my former landlord (who was an investigator), and other things. With experience behind me, I would not dare repeat that mistake and I lament the fact that I did something so childish. However, given I had just left the group when I did those things and I was in my early 20's, I think it is understandable. I would recommend that people who leave a group that they think is dangerous spend some time (probably a few years!) away from the group before beginning to write about it and advocate against it. In some cases, you might be better served doing so anonymously and involving yourself with the police or some social work agency who can fight on your behalf.

Anyway, I realize that the damage is done and I have tried over these last few years to collect the pieces as I have been able. This is my farewell to NCCG once and for all (unless they resort to some illegal smear campaign in which case I will sue them). My apologies against them for doing some of the illegal and more questionable things were and continue to be sincere. And I will continue to hope deep in my heart that Christopher Warren is a sincere individual. I cannot judge him. While I have no religious motive for this statement, I say it as a humanist: I simply cannot read his thoughts. I think it is useless to try. However, I can give my viewpoint of what I have observed over the last few years and it stinks, in my humble opinion. Hence, I bid adieu and wish you the best, Christopher.

Derek Rumpler
NOTE: The ZealforYahweh username was adopted at a time when I was a Christian. My bias is now agnostic. :)

Date: October 29, 2011 05:14AM

"as of 10/27/2001" should read "as of 10/27/2011"

Date: December 16, 2011 07:52AM

If you compare this latest archive of Chris's site (archived on 12/15/2011) with the one provided above and reposted here (archived on 10/27/2011), you will notice he still has me listed as a Christian, although several eyewitnesses know I have told him that is no longer the case. It is also significant because the 12/15/2011 archive says that he updated the site on 12/13/2011. I'm not sure if he knows I'm no longer a "former critic" because I still take issues with his tactics, yet I've chosen not to tell him directly precisely because of the psychological issues that time brought out and inculcated in me. This tactic of his (to continually represent me as a Christian) speaks volumes (to me, at least) about his integrity. Especially given he has plagiarized my work, covered up Rayna Elli's illicit plagiarist activity (as I revealed on the old nccg.info site), lied about "Ruth" not being a member and providing "objective" research for the group as "Axroot", and often blame shifts criticisms toward those making them. I am more certain now that Christopher Warren is a dangerous man, at least psychologically. And while I do not agree with all of NCCG.INFO's information and tactics, I think a lot of the things written there largely correspond with my own. As I stated, I'm continuing to choose not to actively engage myself against this group. I was just slightly miffed that he would continue to present a version of my identity that is no longer true. For the record, I identify as an agnostic (just in case he changes it later to read "atheist."). And I sure as hell do not support NCCG.

Derek Rumpler
NOTE: The ZealforYahweh username was adopted at a time when I was a Christian. My bias is now agnostic. :)

Date: December 16, 2011 05:43PM

He took down the materials and added an addendum at my request (archived here). This was more than sufficient.

Derek Rumpler

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.