Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mankind Project $$$
Posted by: efoss17 ()
Date: October 11, 2006 10:12PM

I have found that mankind project charges its participants a large amount of money to go through warrior training. To me it seemed logical because you have to pay all of the staff and other expenses... But then I found out that members have to PAY to staff a weekend event, so obviously the trainees aren't paying the trainers. Food? I guess they get orange juice and granola... which would be barely $5 a day. Lodging? I think you could stay at a five star hotel for cheaper than the warrior trainees pay. So where does the money go?? It seems that everyone is paying to be there; who are they paying and what are they paying for?

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind Project $$$
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: October 12, 2006 11:27AM

I have asked this question myself. Now take the fee for NWTA, around $675.00 per person, then all the other courses available, multiply that by approx. 35,000 men (that is MKP estimates). Now you truly get an idea how much money is pouring into this organization.

Mankind Project $$$
Posted by: gftr99 ()
Date: February 28, 2007 03:45AM

I thinks that this money thing is exagerrated.

I run workshops and camps cost $2500 to $5000, food for 80 guys, even if it's sparce for the attendees, insurance$$$, leader costs and consummables, my experience says that they make $5 - $8G a Weekend.

The website says there are 38 centers, the money spread over 25 years is really really small potatoes.

Heck, Robbins people say they have trained a MILLION people in that time and for FAR more money.

I run workshops and I keep all the money and I'm not rich at all.

I'm a Rotarian and a Big Brother and we spend a lot more than this MKp group MAKES in total receipts, I'll bet their centers operate on puny budgets and mostly volunteer. It costs for insurance$$$, heat, light, maybe renting rooms, brochure, accounting etc.

Please, focus on the problems and I'll post on another thread about why perhaps some women have experienced some bad events with MKp. It makes sense to me that guys who are struggling with something would be attracted to this training. So I'll bet that sometimes women will see MKP as the problem because the training was instrumental in making the man realize how miserable we was? I don't know but personal growth trainings like this have always had a problem with the after effects when the after affects cause marriages to fail.

Think about it, the men probably were 'in pain' somehow BEFORE the training and growth sometimes means change. That's a hard reality to take in when you are the one affected, I get that.

Mankind Project $$$
Posted by: S_Byers666 ()
Date: February 28, 2007 07:39AM

And the UK price is £550 for 2.5 days sans food, sleep, and decent accom. If they take 50 men thats £27,500 - and they claim to be not-for-profit?

Mankind Project $$$
Posted by: gftr99 ()
Date: March 31, 2007 12:25AM

S_Byers666
And the UK price is £550 for 2.5 days sans food, sleep, and decent accom. If they take 50 men thats £27,500 - and they claim to be not-for-profit?

40 is the max, the average is 26, some locations can only take 32 men. Don't brush by this quickly because it does make a massive difference, 26, the average, is only about 4-6 men over breakeven. It depends, some places camps are astonomically priced. If they ALWAYS got 40, they would be able to afford advertising and some other stuff, but the difference between 26 and 40 is gigantic in the workshop world.

"non-profit" simply means the excess monies are not distributed privately.

And 'most expensive in UK' is inaccurate. Search and you will find many PG trainings for a lot more money.

GFTR99

Re: Mankind Project $$$
Date: January 01, 2010 02:08AM

gftr99

thank you for your well informed responses. It seems many people are not informed on what a non-profit is nor what MKP is. Indeed we work on a near break even budget. As the economy has declined, requests for scholarships have increased. We practice the "No Man Left Behind" ethic, thus we give even more of our personal money to assist men wanting to step into fuller and more powerful lives that they envision for themselves.

The money from trainings is split between the local center, MKP national and MKP International.

Indeed, all staff except the four or five leaders and a couple coordinators pay to staff New Warrior Training Adventures. It's an amazing event and community.

Anyone on this site is welcomed to direct questions to MKP rather than speculate and build upon assumptions that have not basis in the facts.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 01, 2010 10:25PM

experiencedopinion:

"Assumptions that have not basis in the facts"?

See [forum.culteducation.com]

Anyone interested can read excerpts of the actual Mankind Project manual, which reflects the manipulation within this large group awareness training (LGAT) program.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Anyone interested can read about the wrongful death lawsuit and concerns about the Mankind Project that have been reported.

MKP is a controversial LGAT with a deeply troubled history of bad press and complaints.

Posted by: Openminded ()
Date: March 01, 2010 02:43AM

I had my first encounter with the Mankind Project this past week after my partner went to their New Warrior training and came back telling me that it was intense, but all in all a very good experience. Yesterday I met many of the group members in a local meeting. The stories told about the weekend and their first week back were truly amazing. It was clear that each and every one of them had an intense and ultimately positive experience that they felt was life altering.

What I’ve found on this site is not what I expected. I did find details on the Mankind Project that are disturbing, but also found that many of those details are not consistent with the program in which my partner participated. For instance one of the things he was specifically told when he first arrived was that there was to be no sexual contact of any kind by anyone during the weekend. There was none.

In my experience true cults do have one goal in common and that is to suck as much cash as possible out of their victims. They routinely charge tens of thousands of dollars to complete their programs. The total cash required to compete all of the Mankind Project’s classes is $750. There are leadership classes that cost more, but those are only appropriate for those that wish to become leaders in the organization. It seems to me that the word “cult” doesn’t fit well here, at least not by my definition. I have no doubt that many people in this forum have been badly hurt by cults and I myself have had some truly awful experiences with PSI and the Church of Scientology, but that doesn’t automatically mean that every organization is cut from the same cloth, and just being louder and angrier than another person does not make you right.

It also seems that much of the information on this site is either no longer accurate or was experienced because of severe departures from the organization’s program. Misguided, sometimes harmful departures to programs and procedures happen in every organization of any type on the planet. I can think of a few organizations that routinely held hundreds of people captive in a small space for many hours and refused to let them leave. People have even died because of this confinement. The abuse was so bad that there was recent government intervention to prevent it. Those organizations are called airlines. There’s no excuse for this kind of stuff, but pretending it only occurs in organizations you want to label as cults is disingenuous at best.

In this forum the Mankind Project is repeatedly attacked on the truly laughable basis that they have no right to use a sweat lodge ritual. Even the fact that they have formally asked permission (something most reasonable people would not think is necessary) isn’t enough to silence the condemnation. On this site when a Mankind Project representative researches and responds in detail to each question asked, he is repeatedly attacked and ultimately banned for no apparent reason than politely disagreeing with the moderator and providing detailed information that supports his position. It comes as a shock to see that on this site the people from the so called cult are reasonable and the other participants and moderator behave like cultists. Cults know all the answers in advance and ignore facts that don’t support those answers. Cults vehemently attack and then ban those that disagree with them. Just like this forum.

I came to this site to find objective information about the Mankind Project’s program and to help me decide whether to become involved with them. What I have found here is scattering of facts mixed with blatantly biased and openly hostile opinion from people condemning any organization mentioned here. It's a shame that you have become what you condemn.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 01, 2010 05:06AM

"Openminded":

You seem to have come here as an apologist with a closed mind regarding the facts.

What is not "laughable" is that LGATs (large group awareness training) have caused personal injuries and deaths.

MKP settled a wrongful death lawsuit, and there has been continued controversy and complaints about the group.

Another LGAT that used a so-called "sweat lodge" killed three people.

That LGAT leader, James Arthur Ray, has been charged with manslaughter.

MKP and other LGATs have no meaningful accountability through licensing boards, professional standards, educational requirements for leaders, etc. such as mental health professionals, educators and licensed counselors.

If you really read the thread here you should know that MKP has a very contrived, scripted, planned experience that is quite manipulative. The organization doesn't want people to know that and demanded that its manual be removed after being posted here. But anyone interested can read the excerpted material posted within "fair use" standards to get the gist of its strategies.

MKP apologists have come here with apparently no other purpose than to subvert the thread.

Some have been rightfully banned.

It's a shame that they behaved so badly. But they really were not interested in any meaningful exchange of ideas, research or discussion here.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 01, 2010 10:17AM

"Openminded", please re-read the threads on this board re: MKP.

The pattern is clear and problematic.

As a wise person once told me, "Yes, keep 'Openminded', just don't be so openminded that your brains fall out".

Assuming you are not a potential troll or apologist for MKP and are sincere in wanting to learn of this LGAT; beware this group. For your sake and for the sake of your partner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2010 10:19AM by Sparky.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.