Simalarities between Mankind Project and Promise Keepers?
Posted by: efoss17 ()
Date: October 11, 2006 10:08PM

I know that my father was involved with Promise Keepers a number of years ago but I believe he quit when he and my mother started marriage counseling. I was in high school at the time and really didn't peice that together until now, ten years later, but I wonder if a lot of their marital problems stemmed from that. I see the same things happening all over again now that my father is in Mankind Project. I think their relationship is worse than ever now. Does anyone know of any connection or similarities between Promise Keepers and MKP? Particularly their views on marriage and/or relationships/roles with women?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GUNIT ()
Date: October 22, 2006 03:20AM

efoss17 -

Sounds like maybe one addiction was given up for another. Today in marriage counseling he told me He doesnt want to be with me and he doesnt even like me. That may tell you a bit of viewpoints on women and marriage. So, congratulations MKP, another success story, as I cry myself to sleep.

Posted by: jean ()
Date: November 25, 2006 06:06AM

my marriage ended in diovrce after my ex joinet the promise keepers. they abuse women and want them to be home sex slaves rearing children. if you don't the whole church will gang up on you. My story is gbeing reviewed here. It was Calvary Chapel, which also links in with promise keeprs. I attened a 3 day workshop, ask me if you want details. It was basically let the man decide all, stay home women and get into sex big time. No respect for women at all.

Posted by: JanieBeast ()
Date: February 09, 2007 06:45AM

My father got involved with promise keepers. Like everything else, he threw himself into the group head first. He was so active with the darn group that he forgot about his family at home. He volunteered to be usher for the weekend, etc. My greatest benefit from his attendance in PK is that it was that much less time I had to deal with him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.