Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Taylor Hodson/Sharon Gans link
Posted by: isidora3 ()
Date: October 03, 2006 08:24AM

Hello-- I and several friends currently work as temps for the Taylor Hodson staffing agency, which has been linked on this website to followers of Sharon Gans. Can anyone confirm that Minerva Taylor, Cynthia May, or Suzanne Griffiths, employees of TH, are members or followers? I am Black and horrified that my association with them may be funding a (presumably) racist and homophobic organization. I'm probably not a huge asset to them but so many people work with temp agencies via word of mouth and I would hate to refer anyone else to them. Just looking for a little more insight before I confront them-- and I will be doing that...Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cochineal ()
Date: October 05, 2006 09:25PM

Yes, all of the people you named (and others) are part of the "cult" and actually pay a percentage of their income to Sharon Gans because she is considered a consultant.

Below are the regulations from the New York State Department of Labor - you might try calling the New York City Commissioner of Consumer Affairs to see what action you might be able to take.

Employment Agency License (LS 355)-Prior to the establishment of an employment agency, an Employment Agency License must be obtained. If the agency is to be conducted in New York State, but outside of the five boroughs of New York City, the License is issued by the Commissioner of Labor. If the employment agency is to be conducted in the City of New York, the license is issued by the Commissioner of Consumer Affairs of such city.

Renewal of Employment Agency License (LS 355.1) - Since Employment Agency Licenses automatically expire on May 1st of every even-numbered year, to remain valid each such license must be renewed biennially

Date: October 05, 2006 10:39PM

Hi cochineal, thanks so much for the response. But out of curiosity, how is it that you know they are affiliated? (Sorry—am also a former journalist, know that would also disqualify me from their group!) Thing is—not sure they are doing anything illegal though I may check with the offices you mentioned. It all just leaves a bad taste…

Date: October 06, 2006 07:47AM

Hi Isidora3-
You can e-mail me

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 06, 2006 08:38AM

you cannot post email addresses here.

wait until you have PM after 10 approved posts.

Date: October 06, 2006 08:52PM

Ah well thanks anyway cochineal! No worries.

Date: October 24, 2006 08:10AM

Next time.

Date: October 24, 2006 08:12AM

There are more people that work there that are connected to Sharon Gans besides the ones you mentioned.

Posted by: richard condon ()
Date: December 10, 2006 09:39AM

isidora3
Hello-- I and several friends currently work as temps for the Taylor Hodson staffing agency, which has been linked on this website to followers of Sharon Gans. Can anyone confirm that Minerva Taylor, Cynthia May, or Suzanne Griffiths, employees of TH, are members or followers? I am Black and horrified that my association with them may be funding a (presumably) racist and homophobic organization. I'm probably not a huge asset to them but so many people work with temp agencies via word of mouth and I would hate to refer anyone else to them. Just looking for a little more insight before I confront them-- and I will be doing that...Thanks.

Hi Isidora; I was a member of the group run by Sharon Gans for almost 9 years. Minerva Taylor was an active member of this group; I do not recognise any of the other names. Although it always struck me as strange that there were no black members in the group, I never heard anything said that was prejudicial against any ethnic or religious group. Homosexuality was viewed as antithetical to inner development. But there were never disparaging remarks made about homosexual activity per se. I hope this si helpful to you.

Posted by: richard condon ()
Date: December 10, 2006 09:52AM

cochineal
There are more people that work there that are connected to Sharon Gans besides the ones you mentioned.

Hi,
We may have been in this group together. My name is Richard Condon, and I was in the "younger part of class" from 1988-1996. Do we know one another? If so, I'd appreciate a chance to talk.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.