Survivors of Eric Pepin or Higher Balance
Posted by: shareddelusion ()
Date: October 26, 2022 04:01PM

Are there any former students, survivors, or family members of Eric Pepin / Higher Balance Institute fka Auxien here? I was involved a number of years ago and have just started the process of deprogramming my toxic indoctrination.

He has never seemed to gain a large following or much success but is still selling, holding events, and trying to build a patreon following. He's recently released a flood of 20-year-old material on his podcast called "Rebel guru radio". In these recordings his cruelty, gaslighting and abusive tactics are on full display. He must still be up to his old tricks if he's prideful enough to release this material.

In my opinion, for those who know his language, he admits to the coercive sexual abuse of young men as a spiritual tool used to push boundaries needed to "cross the abyss" For years, I believed his sexual relationships with students were consensual but how can there be consent with such an extreme imbalance of power?

From my experience, Eric Pepin is a man riddled with insecurity who rebrands cruelty as an expedient teaching tool. I was subject to his spiritual abuse and believe any success he has, is built off the exploited labor of his inner circle.

In his recordings you can hear him telling his students that they don't "think correctly". The truth is he doesn't act correctly. He has been at this for decades. I hate that I am still frightened of him.

For those in cult recovery, what has helped you dismantle fear and indoctrination?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2022 04:12PM by shareddelusion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Survivors of Eric Pepin or Higher Balance
Posted by: Silvenc ()
Date: July 07, 2023 09:17AM

Relating with everything you shared. I have tapered down to no more purchases and subscriptions. I'm still trying to recover but giving in to temptation by reading their discord forum.

Re: Survivors of Eric Pepin or Higher Balance
Posted by: shareddelusion ()
Date: July 27, 2023 03:32PM

Silvenc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Relating with everything you shared. I have
> tapered down to no more purchases and
> subscriptions. I'm still trying to recover but
> giving in to temptation by reading their discord
> forum.

Thank you. Recovery is a challenging but empowering process, and you have the ability to recognize the indoctrination, deprogram and heal yourself. Taking the vital step of cutting off financial support to Pepin and Higher Balance is crucial. By doing so, you actively stop unwittingly supporting years of spiritual abuse and labor exploitation.

Any benefits you may have gained from the teachings were likely derived from a litany of traditions he shamelessly steals, exploits, and plunders. He lacks originality and true success, merely capitalizing on seekers as a basic narcissist. His marketing as the 'real deal rebel guru' is pitiful. I'll give him one thing he has a skill for cleverly reframing his flaws as spiritual assets, even presenting his mistakes as a consciousness filter for white cells. This absolves him from all accountability.

Remember, you are not alone. Many intelligent and wonderful people, who have also been harmed by his teachings, have successfully recovered. Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.