Ohr sameyach - i need help
Posted by: Dan JJ ()
Date: May 15, 2006 09:27PM

I'm really glad that I discovered this forum. My problem is as follows:

It succeded the Ohr Sameyach rabbis to convert my brother to be an ultra-orthodox Jew. Before he went at their seminar, he had a lot of humor and was a big football fan, and I always went to the matches with him. Now however he has no sense of humor, and thinks that football is the worst kind of lightheadedness that exists.
He doesn't only want to keep it for himselves, but he also wants others to follow his way. I mistakenly accepted to go to a rabbi every week to be taught about ultra-orthodox Judaism, and he puts pressure on me to keep rituals. I don't keep them, but cos I was so week, I said that I do. And know I can't come out of this.
They want me to be shomer negiyah (not to touch women), and all other kinds of things. I don't know how to end this, and this is really bothering me. My brother was a very rational person, but now he accepts everything they tell him. In the beginning the Ohr rabbis told him how rational UO judaism was, and how everything actually fits with science. But after he was infiltrated, they said that nothing fits with science, and the only thing the scientists are doing is to disprove their religion (but they wont succed!).
He never trusted in anyone, but now he accepts their words as laws. They must really be good in indoctrination, cos he was really critical before he went their.
He wants me to join an AISH seminar this year, but I doubt. Should I go there or would it be a good idea to refuse? I mean if I go there with a critical mind, and just have a lot of disproves with me, am I then not in safety?
Can I at all do anything to get him back? He is getting more and more stricter, and now 3 years have passed since the first time he got there, and I feel like theres nothing to do. I can't speak to him about anything else than the religion, and how I should try to keep more things. I would never consider them a cult, before visiting this site, and saw how a cult is defined.
Please help me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 15, 2006 09:33PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

This covers the basics including intervention and coping strategies.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

I have received complaints about Aish and its yeshivas from families before.

It would be very difficult to get your brother out.

This is something you should discuss with your family.

Date: May 16, 2006 06:39AM

The most weird thing is that, when he tried to convince me that I should follow the same way as he does, he used scientific evidences. He told e.g. that the jews knew lots of things way before all the other peoples did. However it just turned out after I investigated those matters, that those proofs are minapulated in a very strong matter.
I would expect that an organisation using cult-likened techniques would emphesize more on warmth and love than science. In stead they offer weird arguments.
Another strange thing in this is, that the people who teach at their seminars usually are (or claim to be)professors on Universities. You wouldn't really expect professors to use cult-likened techniques in order to convince others.
thanks for the links modertar =)

Posted by: dv ()
Date: May 17, 2006 10:39PM

The antidote to aish hatorah is to introduce your brother to "chassidus" or "lubavitch". But then again, I don't know how effective introducing one poison to destroy the other is, ultimately you are still left with one form of poison...

[DATA]But if my hypothesis is correct, once your brother asks his "rabbi" about chassidus, the rabbi will have an alergic reaction (This is natural.) This will neutralize it.[/DATA]

Aish and lubavitch should be destroyed. Tax exempt status must immediately be removed from all religious institutions.

Enough of this terror.

Posted by: dv ()
Date: May 17, 2006 10:42PM

I would just like to add in my previous post, that I am also disgusted when "jews" use their religion as they see fit conveniantly. If you want him to opt out of aish maybe you should take a deeper look at yourself and examine why the fuck you follow something you yourself don't believe in.

Date: May 18, 2006 03:27PM

"you should tke a deeper look at yourself and examine why you follow something you yourself don't believe in."

I don't follow it... I just pretend that I do, cos I don't wanna hurt him so greatly... of course its wrong to introduce him to lubavich, and he already has his oppinion about chabad...
the thing that i hate mostly is the form of argumentation they use to convince others to follow their way. they make up weird theories and present them in a way, so ppl think that its actully scientific, while its not. Its also so dishonest to attract ppl with "science and judaism confirm each other", when they 2 years after are being told that actually science is completely unsuitable with judaism. Like you attract ppl with an argument you don't even believe in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.