Former Avatar members?
Posted by: Zato ()
Date: April 24, 2020 10:27AM

Greetings!
I hope I'm not breaking any rules on the forum starting this thread. I couldn't find anything related to it. It has been very interesting to read along some of the topics here, though. Good job!
Also, sorry for my poor english and non-technical vocabulary.
I have a flatmate who is attending Avatar courses for about 10 years now. I don't know her very well because I arrived at the flat recently, and everyone seems fine with it. She took there her mum, her aunt, even her grandma... And another two of my flatmates, one of which is into it deeper now. She subtletly tried to invite me as well but I am quite an skeptic and don't buy it. First thing I asked one of the other flatmates when I just moved into the house, 'isn't that a cult?', to what I was told no, it wasn't. Well, let's see.
I tried to recover information about this group but it seems quite difficult on the web, aside from an ex-member youtube channel, called Avatar Uncovered, where she also interviews some big fishes of the group. It shreds some light but it's not as much as I'd want to. There are also bits here and there but it's as if it weren't perceived as a hazard. I guess it's more a Multi-level group than a cult,but I'd like to hear first hand experiences about it. At home I often hear them chatting about it, even inviting home other followers sometimes, but I try to be cautious when asking about it, I guess because I cannot hide my criticism of the whole thing, and when I did, they didn't seem to enjoy it. I also found a web with first-hand experiences but sadly I can't recall it now.
What I know so far is, if anyone ever heard about Avatar, that it was founded by Harry Palmer after having a revelation inside a floating tank (and also after being kick out from Scientology, where he was running a church in Elmira for 15 years, quite a revelation!). They work on the belief system and through some exercices you can uncreate some beliefs and create new ones. Well it's nothing new I guess.
Obviously it's a money grab (every course is more expensive than the last one, even after a couple of them you have to travel to Orlando to be imbued with the glorious light of this Palmer guy. We live in Spain, so it's not as cheap as a cab drive) and they have a dark side on the highest level (Wizards) which reminds me of R.L.Hubbard (of course), talking about outerworldly entities that had a boner with us and makes us suffer. In each course you're love-bombed and pressed to take on the next course, usually while you're vulnerable after all the mind-exhausting exercices. They say they work for an Enlightened Planetary Civilization.
Thing is, I don't see my flatmate very enlightened, mostly she worries about material stuff (money, guys) and if she's not at the center of every conversation, she just disconnects.
So I don't know if this post made any sense, but I would appreciate some feedback from anyone who've had experience with this Avatar thingy. Now she's moving out, so it's not a big deal (otherwise she is a nice person), but it keeps knocking my questions.
Thank you for reading so far, and be aware of the dark!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former Avatar members?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 26, 2020 07:55AM

Dear Zato, some years ago we had discussions of a group called Avatar, founded by Harry Palmer.

Let us know if this is the group you're researching.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Why I no longer deliver the Avatar Course

[harleystrangelove.wordpress.com]

An expose group here: Avatar Uncovered

[www.google.com]

Complaints Filed

[familiesagainstcultteachings.blogspot.com]

More here:

[www.google.com]

There are some articles here.

[culteducation.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2020 08:09AM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.