Re: what cult were you in?
Posted by: LLG ()
Date: September 12, 2010 10:05AM

I was in an internet cult group called Trumpet Call of God. The group is lead by a man who calls himself Timothy (his real name is Speed) Rathbun and he claims to be a prophet of God with over 600 letters from God and Christ. The group meets via skype 4 times a week and uses many internet venues (like facebook and youtube) for recruitment along with hitting the streets with printed materials. They use mind control techniques to keep thier members loyal and obedient. You can read more about this cult and my experiences in it on this thread [forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:52AM

I am having trouble focusing on myself and God and getting myself back on track with my life! I mean The ROC was a 'HOUSE OF MERCHANDISE' and it was pushed at every turn. Cafe', Laundry Room, Book Store, Coutier Clothing & Accesories to 'PROMOTE JESUS'.......no just a slick way into peoples pockets! Beside that the program was 'at first' very 'appealing' and as time grew on things started to happen and the sins of the leadership were finding them out just like what happened to Nabal......there's a guy in leadership now who is on Hospice Care from taking money and drugging up with it......I went for fellowship and to gain a closer relationship to The Lord, but I kept backsliding into smoking......now I only bum one or two once in a while and I don't even think about it.......I am refusing to feel guilty or WOW.......you 'blew it again' with another ministry! God has my back!!! I got out of The ROC [Richmond Outreach Center] by GOD'S GRACE....his constant care and love for me.......and I am now going to a very nice place where I do not feel this hi tech exploitation...........it's set up to help 'recovering' drug addicts and should not be open to the general public........I am still caring for people as a HOME HEALTH AIDE and hanging with a remanant from The Roc from time to time who God placed in my path and we Love The Lord and believe God is helping us out........slowly sometimes it feels that way, but I had attended The ROC regularly from 2003 until last New Years of 2010.....then God moved me totally away.........I am still working on things since the passing away of my mom in December........I helped a woman out who had been Pastor G's Uncles wife and I was promised gas reimbursement..... I made it back to Richmond, VA by a mere 19.00 I scrounged up in the back of my car....she gave me 5 dollars only and it took 200.00 dollars to go down and back....she was hooked up in material things her deceased husbands truck, trike and custom made ramp.........once she got that I barely saw her on the road enough to keep up with her..........she was 'hell' bent on getting it back into Richmond, VA............I pray that God would help me out to 'never' be that hooked up into the hype and things of this world that I would forget where I came from....... Still healing and changing, growing and knowing who is the source of my strength!

Posted by: raymondadam ()
Date: August 16, 2011 08:20AM

Victory Outreach.

Posted by: claritee ()
Date: October 10, 2011 05:54AM

Sarah, My name is James Heneghen and I left the kamp cult in about 89. I got out with my wife and our three sons. We had been there approx 8 years. I just recently heard from trinas oldest son, Lane. He made it out and his sister is on her way out. (Shelby). It was obviously a horrid experience that has taken a while to heal. I also faced the kamps in court, where they were successful in stealing our house on Olive St. I also gave a deposition for rick ross in the lawsuit they were trying to extort money through. I got to sit in a room with steve rensch and one of the other bogus lawyers they have always on hand. I taunted him with no mercy. He was always such a tool and an idiot. They were forced to drop the lawsuit I believe and they had to come to seattle to do it. The court stenographer said they were the strangest people she had ever had to do dictation for. ha ha. even the devil wouldnt need that many lawyers. anyway , I am glad you made it out. I don't know if our time overlapped or not. we escaped about the same time bill chappelle bolted. If you feel like talking i am available. By the way, my sons are doing great and my two grandsons are also doing fantastic. I went into stand up comedy almost twenty years ago and I am still working and having a ball doing it. i would like to bring down all cults but there are new ones seemingly daily. but we all do what we can. James

Posted by: retting ()
Date: September 04, 2014 11:33AM

Option Institute and Fellowship in Sheffield Mass. Owned and operated by the Kaufman family. Destructive cult which ruins the lives of individuals and families. After leaving this cult I had to educate myself about cults and mind control. Very important for us to tell our stories and warn others. Many ex members of cults afraid to admit they were duped and manipulated. Extremely common to go from one cult to another, never realizing our toxic pattern.

Posted by: jan w. lane ()
Date: February 24, 2015 11:47AM

For 13 yrs. I was a member of the "Walk", otherwise known as the Church of the Living word, under the direction of John Robert Stevens. It fits the definition of Cult in every way imaginable. Many people have suffered from the after effects of what happened in their lives under the leadership of self appointed false prophets. I wish that I had never joined the group, but I am thankful to have left before more damage than a failed marriage could occur.

Posted by: rachel0705 ()
Date: May 12, 2015 01:11PM

Hello Helen (pink1)

Thanks for your post.

Does anyone know if that the same organisation known as the Destiny Church nowadays in Aberdeen, run by Andrew Owen?

Thanks

Rachel

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: August 08, 2015 10:18PM

jan w. lane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For 13 yrs. I was a member of the "Walk",
> otherwise known as the Church of the Living word,
> under the direction of John Robert Stevens. It
> fits the definition of Cult in every way
> imaginable. Many people have suffered from the
> after effects of what happened in their lives
> under the leadership of self appointed false
> prophets. I wish that I had never joined the
> group, but I am thankful to have left before more
> damage than a failed marriage could occur.

What years were you in Jan, I was in for about 7 years up to and a few months after the death of JRS. I guess it was about 77 to 84..

Re: what cult were you in?the church of the living word Jon Robert Stevens
Posted by: molly ()
Date: September 15, 2015 03:57AM

This is hard for me, I do check im and read from time to time! It is nice to know that I am not alone in what I went thru after leaving the walk! (The walk left me) Does anyone go to church now? I have been to many but they all feel kinda dead! So I was looking dor advice on a "REAL CHURCH " a church with a real word and worship that feeds your spirit! i miss that! Molly

Posted by: jan w. lane ()
Date: September 19, 2015 08:38AM

I was in the walk from around 1970 until around 1983. Which local body did you attend? I was mainly in the Campbell area church under Howard Klein, and then in the Coniah Chapel group under RD Cronquist, but attended many of the LA churches with JRS on special occasions.........like the feasts. I think it was all so messed up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.