Going back to the path
Posted by: light336 ()
Date: February 08, 2018 08:01PM

Greetings,

Since I found some answers on this forum that I was looking for, I would like to share a brief history of mine.
To cut short, me and my family were always in the church, but when I was a kid I didn't like going to it and as I grew older I stopped going all together. In my adulthood I was looking for something new and started reading Eckhart Tolle's books and short after I joining a "cult" ( don't know if that's the right term) called Gnosis. Everything was going fine, they thought some stuff(meditation, astral, mantras etc) that at the time kind of made sense to me (but not everything). I was at at the end of the "first chamber", and at the end of it I would be initiated in the cult. But one day, I had a meeting with them at 4 pm. and I set my alarm for 3:40pm, but somehow It didn't work, and I went to the gnostic center to apologize and talk to my instructor.
On our talk he recommended this book called "Three Mountains" by Samael Aun Weor, who is their leader and "christ". As I started reading this book, I realized what how "non-sense", grin and messiah "complexed" his writings were, that's when I snapped out and found a lot of resources on this forum exposing his ideias. Also I researched how these "new era" religions went against the bible.
Right now I'm trying to find back the path to Jesus, but I find it very hard since I still don't like going to church, listening to christian music, and having to deal with pastors (some of them are very corrupt here in Brazil). Has anyone went through this phase? I know God and Jesus exists because I saw angels when I was a kid (believe it not),but not only that, I know God helps me in situations like this one I described, but I find it very hard to have that motivation to start following christian doutrine again. My plans are to start reading the bible and see how that goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.