SGI
Posted by: pastmember ()
Date: December 11, 2006 09:54AM

It's time to talk about SGI. As a past member of NSA a group that suddenly became known as SGI in 1991, we should discuss this group a bit more.[/color:9bff793f67]

Many people know its history, that it was a bonefide Buddhist Organization with its roots in Nichiren Shoshu beginning during the pacific war. The organization grew world wide; SGI being the Japan 'sister' organization; while various countries called themselves NSA [Nichiren Shoshu America] or NSB [Nichiren Shoshu Brazil]. [/color:9bff793f67]

As they were excommunicated in 1992 however, they still maintain their own organization separate from the Temple. In order to do this they stole a large Gohonzon from a Temple in Japan and had it replicated. It has no value, which is something that only a practicing Buddhist could possibly understand; the only valuable Gohonzon is bestowed upon a new member from the Temple during the Gojukai ceremony. It is something that really can't be described; except recently I had the occassion to visit with an SGI friend for 17 days. [/color:9bff793f67]

Of the 5 or 6 members of SGI that I met nearly all of them have serious physical illnesses: one young girl developed a brain tumor; another older female had a total colostomy; the man 'in charge' of the group tells bald-faced out and out lies which completely boggles the mind; another man who recently joined was asked to read some material and had difficulties pronouncing nearly every single word.

Beside the fact that the organization known as NSA/SGI was very controlling; asking for more and more money from members and non-members as well; they have become an off the wall organization, now venturing into other areas of the world.

I am very worried that those people on the European continent will be exposed to something very very dangerous and I want to encourage everyone who is currently associated with those people to make every effort to join with a Temple located nearest to you; or call Japan [see the Web-sites] - and find out more.

Since becoming a bonefide member of the Hokkeko of the Temple I have had the good fortune to be able to attend 4 tozan pilgramiges to Japan. It was a great experience and I recommend it to all. [/color:9bff793f67]

Hokkeko differs from NSA/SGI in that we do not foster the 'promotion' of leaders who then carry on with their own ideas of Buddhism and even how to live your life. We only have a very few representatives in each temple. We don't 'report' to other people about things - we just report to the Gohonzon with our prayers. It is completely different.

Your life is your own. Only offer your sincere prayer in the morning and again in the evening. Areas that have no temples only need to meet occassionally to chant together. But the connection between the laity and the Temple is very important and the Gohonzon is the most important.[/color:9bff793f67]

Options: ReplyQuote
SGI
Posted by: nomore ()
Date: December 25, 2006 09:19AM

i used to be an sgi member
does my gohonzon work if i chant alone?

SGI
Posted by: pastmember ()
Date: December 26, 2006 05:36AM

If you kept your original Gohonzon, yet, your Gohonzon 'will work". But I also strongly recommend that you get in touch with your nearest Temple so that you have the opportunity to practice with other members. If you don't live close to other Hokkeko members, then you may want to just call and find out who live near you that practices Nichiren Shoshu. I have lots of friends who practice in areas that are not close to the Temple.

So re-enshrine right away and start chanting.

SGI
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 26, 2006 07:43PM

This message board is not here to promote a particular sect or temple.

Re: SGI
Posted by: wayfarerfree ()
Date: January 02, 2010 08:26PM

Your Gohonzon will only work with AAA Ikeda Batteries, (according to SGI)

Is SGI-USA a cult? Where is all the Soka Gakkai money?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 03, 2010 03:58AM

SGI-USA says the only way to make your Gohonzon work, is to empty out your life savings and emergency savings and hand it all over to SGI and President Ikeda.
That is not a joke, that is what they say.

You see, President Ikeda only has 125 billion dollars, and he badly needs 125 billion dollars, plus whatever you have in your bank account.

To read the facts about SGI, brew a pot of tea, and read the main SGI thread, there are over 1000 posts by former members and SGI researchers.
The SGI financial information is explained.

Former SGI members [forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: January 09, 2010 06:12PM

That is really screw up. I'm referring to what Anticult is saying. How do these people pass themselves off as Buddhist?

What is the deal with "pastmember". There seems to be a lot of mindfucking and Dogma in this discussion from either active members of this movement or past members.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: January 10, 2010 01:38AM

NotanantiGnostic, "Pastmember" must be a member of the Nichiren Shoshu Buddhists. SGI, also known as Soka Gakkai International, used to be the lay organization of Nichiren Shoshu. So SGI members were also Nichiren Shoshu members until 1990.

However, there were years of problems between the priests of Nichiren Shoshu and the lay leadership of the Soka Gakkai, especially the president, a Japanese billionaire named Daisaku Ikeda. In the early 1990's, SGI cut its ties with Nichiren Shoshu. Though both SGI and Nichiren Shoshu say that they follow the teachings of Nichiren, a Japanese monk who lived in the 1200's -- the two groups consider themselves to be different sects. Each group sect considers itself to be the only correct Buddhist sect -- and hates the other.

I cannot speak for Nichiren Shoshu, but I was a member of SGI for too many years. SGI, in my opinion is a deeply corrupt organization that does not really practice Buddhism.

If you want to know more, please read the "SGI" discussion.

Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: January 10, 2010 01:48AM

Thanks tsukimoto, I'll look into that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.