Real Buddhists and Buddhism
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: December 13, 2009 01:38AM

evergreen
Are we allowed to talk about doctrines and the different schools of Nichiren? I ask because I'm at the point where I would like to live as a real buddhist. Don't get me wrong, I do learn from the postings. I am glad to see that I am not alone.

Dear evergreen:

You don't need an organization to be a real Buddhist, what the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin term, a Bodhisattva of the Earth. There are however both loose and tight associations of Bodhisattvas of the Earth and the Lotus Sutra, unlike the Soka Gakkai, does not differentiate between a "solitary" Bodhisattva of the Earth from one who leads a retinue of billions. The last post on my blog is,

Guidance system fosters doubt

Our Enlightenment and the Buddha's Enlightenment is the same. It is Namu Myoho renge kyo. Unshakeable faith in Namu Myoho renge kyo is itself Buddhahood. Giving and receiving guidance from other "Buddhas" is untenable. The guidance system that some Nichiren sects adopt, especially the Soka Gakkai, whether it is guidance from a priest or a layman, fosters doubt not faith. In one's deep subconscious, one seeking or receiving guidance "says" to him or herself, "If I am a Buddha, a supremely enlightened being, why is it that I need guidance?" This is one reason the Buddha and Nichiren Daishonin stated over, and over, and over again, '"Follow the Law and not persons."

The Bodhisattvas of the Earth, "All Come together to the Buddha" [Lotus Sutra Chapter 15]. One goes to the Original Eternal Buddha Shakyamuni [Gohonzon], the origin of all Buddhas, for guidance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Real Buddhists and Buddhism
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: December 13, 2009 01:46AM

Sorry. I inadvertently created a new folder. Please moderators, delete this folder.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.