Current Page: 13 of 19
Re: Meade Ministries
Posted by: frjcej ()
Date: December 04, 2010 10:55PM

I have two sisters who joined the "Endtimers" or "Overcomers" in 1991 and 1992. I have not seen or heard a word from them since. If anyone has recently left this group, will you please backchannel me so I can ask if you know anything about them. THANK YOU!

Here is a poem that I wrote in 2009.

Dedicated to my sisters in the “Meade Ministries”

Eighteen years have come and gone, and though I’ve seen you not,
Your faces shine forth clearly, and you’re often in my thoughts.

Though I try to understand, why you chose all ties to break.
Joining a religion, where family you must forsake.

I often wonder, when the stillness of the day is done,
Do you remember me your sister, who shared your laughter, joy, and fun.

Now much time has passed, and six graddaughters I’ve been blessed,
But a gap is missing in our family, and I cannot fully rest.

I struggle how to answer, when the granddaughters want to know,
How many sisters did I have, and where did they go?

Do they have some cousins, and what are their names?
What things did you used to do together, and do you look the same?

And Nanny why did this happen, and will we see them one day?
I answer that all thing are possible, and for this thing I pray.

(Cyd James 9/2009)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roman Descent ()
Date: February 02, 2011 08:28AM

it happened to us too, daughter still in it married off six weeks afer we left July 2, 2000. has 2 more children with husband of over 10 years.
people want to be special important and forsake real family from brain mind control thinking they are giving glory to GOD with better rewards in the hear after but they will find out they majorly sinned against GOD and their families believing a lie. I hope for your sake and your family that you are reunited with your loved ones. hopefully they will wake up.
regards
JF

Posted by: grams08 ()
Date: February 02, 2011 08:41AM

It is sad isn't it. . I feel so cheated that my grandkids do not know my 2 sisters - my brother - and their families. . we have over 35 family members in this and sure would love to hear from any of them. They do not seem to mind that the family has been split up even though we have a long history of loving and supportive family ties. . It is sad...

Posted by: Southdakota ()
Date: February 02, 2011 10:31AM

My parents needed to track down my sibling that is living at the Meade compound in Fl. to deal with a legal issue. I was able to Google and get address, PO box, phone numbers and annual income information through Spokeo. I wanted to mention this, it might be useful for those trying to find info on relatives not communicating.

My parents had not heard from my sibling for about ten years.

Posted by: Luv2kitty ()
Date: September 01, 2011 04:02AM

I'm so glad I found this forum! I'm related to "Queen Marlene" as I call her and haven't had contact in years so I'm not sure if she still runs the cult, now that Charlies gone. The only thing I've been able to find is that apparently they now call it Mountain Top Ministries. The last time I was there was 1985, right after she married him. The women looked like the most drab and depressed people I've ever seen. No way was I going to join. I would appreciate any info on what's going on today. Sounds like their beliefs have changed a bit. Thanks.

Posted by: Refugee ()
Date: September 01, 2011 11:48PM

Yeah, queen it is....

I have little info, but it seems pretty clear that Jack and Robin Burbach's oldest son is now the big minister. That, to me, means that Marlene is still reigning above all and continues to abuse them all.

I still have a hard time imagining my old friends laying down their lives to a woman they knew to be abusive and grasping. (And, yes, many of the original people knew this in the late 80s.)

I was surprised to hear of the name change, but it certainly appears that you are correct. Guess they are finally admitting that Meade is dead. (For months, it was not discussed.)

I'm not sure on the changed beliefs, but they are certainly more abusive than in the old days - monstrously so.

Best regards,

Ref

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 11:50PM by Refugee.

Posted by: grams08 ()
Date: September 02, 2011 01:03AM

Where do you find the name change? That would surprise me. We haven't heard a thing from anyone for ages. . most of them since they moved there 23 - 24 years ago

Date: September 02, 2011 06:03AM

Posted by: Luv2kitty ()
Date: September 02, 2011 02:34PM

What I mean by changed beliefs is that women no longer look like their on "Little House on the Prairie". They can wear shorter skirts and make-up. I also heard that people are now allowed TV and computers in their homes. Do they still have an all-out ban on medical care? I saw what devastation that brought. You said that Jack and Robin Burbach's son is now the head minister. That would be James if my memory serves me right. That makes perfect sense. Marlene can still run everything behind the scenes and put a figurehead out front to take the blame if need be. More abusive indeed. Thanks for the info folks,please keep it coming.

Date: September 02, 2011 10:32PM

Yes, I hear of changes like that too.

Funny thing: Originally, people didn't have TVs because they thought is was a bad idea. (Not irrationally, I think.) To say "were not allowed" would have been a slander then, but, sadly, it is not a slander now. They do indeed need permissions. Pathetic.

Current Page: 13 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.