Current Page: 12 of 19
Re: Meade Ministries
Posted by: Refugee ()
Date: April 24, 2010 04:35AM

justintime: As one of the old-timers, I am sorrowed (rather sickened) to hear about you being mis-treated for not donating or being "rich enough." The tragic part to me is that these people all knew better in the old days and would have condemned such behavior. Money is useful, but it is no measure of spirituality.

S. Dakota is right on the records. I have verified the facts separately, though I don't want to expose my source. Also, ask Swamp Hoss, he saw the internment.

I wish you all the best in getting through this. Take what was good and reject what was self-serving and manipulative. Do your best to sort them out, and move forward as best you can. It is a shame that my old friends created this confusion, and especially that they abused you. If ever you are not sure who to believe, read and believe Jesus, and ignore everyone else - no matter how high and mighty they claim to be.

Best wishes,

Ref

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justintime ()
Date: April 25, 2010 01:19AM

refugee, you are so right! As long as I know the bible and stay in the good book, I will find all my answers. Sometimes, well actually most of the time it is hard to get out of feeling so guilty about doing things that I was brainwashed into thinking were wrong. I know God doesnt judge us by the clothes we wear or the car we drive. I know when Jesus walked this earth he was a very humble man and that is how I try to be- very humble! God knows my heart and it shouldnt matter what anyone on this earth thinks about me. I still live in lake city and we dont plan on leaving anytime soon. So MM is around me everywhere we go which is a constant reminder to me of where we once were. We live right down the road from the family that now shuns us. I know in time it will no longer bother my husband so much that his flesh and blood only live a few miles away but they cant see us anymore. If they only knew the truth!

Knowing that Brother Meade died in the VA gives me very mixed emotions. It makes me feel so bad and awful about all the women and children that had to die without medical treatment because of what one man taught them. To watch your wife die of horrible cancer and not allow medical treatment while he got to die (probably comfortably) of old age in a hospital bed under medical treatment that he told others to deny, I just feel so sick about it.

I was there in church one Sunday when he was praying on all the pregnant women and their husbands. He got to one couple and he had a revelation that she had already been to man (doctor). He accused her a couple times and she kept saying no. He was accusing her like she wouldve done something horribly wrong by checking with a doctor to make sure her pregnancy was going alright, and he took his last breath on a hospital bed. A hospital bed, where he was relying on man to make his last days comfortable. I know I seem to ponder on this but I guess this is just a nice way to get my feelings out and help me deal with them better than just holding it in.

Finding this site has been very helpful, to know there are so many other people that have been members and went through a lot of the same things that I am going through.

Posted by: Roman Descent ()
Date: April 28, 2010 12:44AM

I am curious as to how Mr. Meade is enjoying his afterlife. Sure wonder what kind of crown he received. I threw out all of the tapes except one: Traditons and Ordinances of Men. what a contrast from the early days till after affects of Marlene. Oh well, glad that we are out 10 years this July 2, 2010 but we still have aftershocks.

Posted by: SwampHoss ()
Date: May 02, 2010 02:44AM

I can assure you, I don't report hearsay unless I qualify it with a disclaimer that it is such. I have nothing to gain from it. My source that told me he died in the VA is accurate. I can say this much. I have talked to a person who would be one of the first people called when a person dies in this county and he assured me that his body was picked up from the VA hospital.

Again, I have nothing to gain from rumor or hearsay. I have spent years helping others find out what is going on inside the church through various contacts within that have a lot to lose if it were known of our relationship. I can say that there are many within who are more open to trust me than years past. I can't speculate on what that means, but read into it what you will. People have asked me to keep them informed, and I try. I can't always get the information they seek, because even trusted sources within have their limits if comfort.

I would be glad to offer any more insight. And yes, I saw the internment as it happened, obviously from a distance. His death certificate should be on file in public records, and I hope to soon make that available to anyone who requests to see it.

Regards,

SH

Date: July 14, 2010 11:20PM

FWIW, I hear that the new anointed Big Dog is Jack & Robin Burbach's oldest son. (He must be 20-some.)

Being Marlene's grandson, this makes sense, but ALL the original ministers being passed-over creates yet another bizarre chapter in this drama.

Ref

Re: Meade Ministries family members
Posted by: grams08 ()
Date: July 21, 2010 06:26AM

Does anyone know what Gary's Cookes wife Barbara is doing? Since he was killed in a car accident about 3 years ago we haven't heard about her .. Barbara Cooke - nee: Kampmeyer

Posted by: brotherhood ()
Date: August 11, 2010 11:04PM

I also am looking for information about Barbara Kampmeyer Cooke (my sister). The most hurtfull thing
is their cutting off contact with family who are not in the group.I have seen many good things about their
lifestyle but have never understood how they can reconsile the love of the Lord with the coldhearted way
they treat nonmembers.

Posted by: grams08 ()
Date: August 18, 2010 05:49AM

Wondering if you have seen the posts about Barbara . . sure would like to find out what she is doing? Married? still with the group?? or what... I wonder if she knows we would accept her 'home' with loving arms.. what has happened to their love for family? Christ doesn't say we should shun others just because they are not a part of the group they are in. . "Meade Ministries"...

Posted by: Roman Descent ()
Date: September 24, 2010 10:43AM

Regarding the new big dog, how stupid is idol worship, this kid is only maybe 24 or so and what is he the new King Saul of the group? All I can say is quote from Forest Gump, Stupid is as stupid does.

Date: September 25, 2010 11:52PM

I am surprised that I have not heard more following Meade's death... and having this young man appointed as the new Grand Poobah is stunning.

The meaning I take from this is two-fold:

1. Marlene is firmly in control. The new boss is her grandkid, so this is raw, monarchical ambition. What a vile being she is.

2. That my old friends are more degraded than I wanted to imagine. I preferred to think that they knew their little world had gone nuts, but that they retained some integrity. (This was the case for some of them, but that was over 20 years ago now.) But integrity, if it never asserts itself, degrades. Meade is gone and his second wife acts the spiritual thug, to the point of enslaving them all... and they do nothing. THAT is sad. These people once had integrity and ability. To see them brought to base serfdom is a real disappointment.

Of course, the possibility remains that they are doing things that I don't hear. Alas, it has been many months now - news of something should have leaked out.

Ah well.

Ref

Current Page: 12 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.