Current Page: 9 of 19
Re: Meade Ministries
Posted by: Rax ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:45AM

Roman Descent
Why am I not surprised? I sent an inquiry email to two former MM ers aka ET, a few days ago asking who they are but no rsvp. Guess they are ashamed how they followed the crowd concerning us or something - no big deal. I find it difficult to believe that they have not checked their email on this site. A few days after my inquiry, my home telephone gets an undisclosed telephone call, wife picks it up and there is a sound like a chain saw. Wonder if Kennedy Communications or Kim Fitzhugh's company [if still in existance ] has access to private telephone numbers??? just curious with the timing of the event.

Roman Descent
Hmmm, guess no other former members wants to communicate. I am curious why these former loyals also left...In a way this is very funny to me.

i wouldn't take it to personal James... there are plenty of reason why people would want to remain anonymous besides being ashamed of how they treated you. i know I wouldn't want my name attached to posts on a forum being talked about in Meade Ministries circles. although i doubt i will ever run into an "Endtimer" in the rest of my lifetime, if i did, i wouldn't rumors of heresy getting in the way of me helping that person

a big thanks to those who have posted here over the last few years. i can personally verify most of the more recent (last 10 years) of information presented. it's also very insightful to read details of the earlier days. most of that info collaborates with what my parents and members in the group around that time have told me. i think its good that an open discussion such as the one here exists - if anything but to document the activities and harmful effects of these types of organizations. maybe even help someone inside or prevent someone from falling into what we have been through

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 10, 2009 06:30AM

To whom it may concern:

There is no reason for anyone on this message board to be concerned about not replying to internal messaging, which is the choice of each member, that is to reply or not to reply.

Don't worry about it.

It means nothing one way or the other.

And those who personally attack members that post here will be banned from this message board.

Meade Ministries does have a history of bad behavior and at times this has included making implied threats, such as those recently recorded through an A&E cable program titled "Mind Control," which filmed Meade's "security" team carrying on around his barbed wire enclosed gated church.

But nothing happened.

Just a lot of hot air, bluster and ridiculous posturing.

Meade and his men have not violently assaulted anyone, nor sued anyone that I am aware of in recent years. Their bark is worse than the bite, when it comes to the threats they make.

Meade seems to rely upon manufacturing unreasonable fears as a means of manipulation.

There are considerable assets at stake within the Meade empire, and my guess is that the Meade and his men don't want to risk those assets by acting out stupidly.

Anyone posting here can do so safely and anonymously without any concern that their identity might be revealed.

But if you want to remain anonymous be careful not to disclose personal details that might tend to identify you and also you should be careful about replying to private messaging received from other members of this board.

Don't allow anyone to intimidate you.

The Ross Institute (sponsor of this message board) was sued by Landmark Education for $1 million dollars in an effort to disclose the identities of members of this message board.

But Landmark's lawsuit failed utterly and ended up becoming a humiliating defeat. The company never received any information whatsoever about members of this board. A federal judge refused to allow that throughout the proceeding.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Landmark Education makes Meade's operation look like a cheap sideshow. They are a much bigger outfit, with far more substantial resources.

The Ross Institute includes a subsection about Meade Ministries within its archives.

See [www.culteducation.com]

In my opinion Meade Ministries is a destructive cult and Charles Meade little more than a ruthless con man, who has hurt many people, devastated families and whose influence has caused needless deaths, including helpless children.

I have spoken with Meade victims, and I have visited Lake City personally.

It is a good thing that people are speaking out here.

There are many things that need to be said and Meade should be held accountable for the long history of harm he has done.

Posted by: Roman Descent ()
Date: February 15, 2009 06:35AM

I wish to thank Rax and rrmoderator for their posts concerning former ET's not responding. It is for the best since I have no desire to form a new relationship with them. I is still hard enough for me at times to get over our daughter giving us the finger in favor ot MM. We are grandparents in name only, I have seen for a few seconds the second grandson, never met the granddaughter. That is the hard part especially during the holidays but there is no desire to start over with anyone there. Thank you for keeping all of the members here confidential. Happy Valentine Day to all.

Posted by: Refugee ()
Date: February 25, 2009 11:09AM

People leaving the group deal with things in their own ways, and usually very slowly.

After being manipulated for so long, they generally don't want someone else asking questions... even if that person is behaving perfectly.

Ah well.

Ref

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 11:10AM by Refugee.

Posted by: Roman Descent ()
Date: July 12, 2009 01:48AM

I just could not resist, there is a relatively new forum Meade Ministries Q&A. Read it for yourself. The 23 year old man invites people to question so I sent him a private email about 3 weeks ago - I checked my email sent. Such a deal the person did not even open it to read it. Why am I not surprised? this is a good laugh. He was born into it and the behavior is hard to shake off. Moderator, dont worry I am not taking this personal, I just think that it is funny and typical since not one former member has contacted me and that is fine with me too. Do not know how long I will remain a member of this site; it maybe better for me to sign off completely and forget about the nightmare which we left 9 years ago July 2, 2009 YAHOO!!!

Date: December 23, 2009 12:16PM

No one has news on anything? Not sure if that's good or bad.

Best regards,

Ref

Posted by: Southdakota ()
Date: February 27, 2010 11:48PM

I have a brother that has been involved with Meade since the 80's. They (he and his wife) were recruited while still in college in the Sioux Falls area. My parents have had very sporadic contact with them over the years so I know small bits of what they are up to. I was reading back through the thread and the articles on the website and it brought about a few questions. How are they getting away with all of this without the IRS taking notice? I realize that "churches" have tax exempt status but the volumes of money going around and what seems to be multiple moving of said money sounds like it would be violating some tax laws.

The other question is with the economy being so lousy, if much of their income was tied up in real estate and construction businesses what might happen if the members and the church stop raking in money? It sounds like the group evolved into more of a pyramid scheme in later years, cash flow drying up would be an issue.

Meade is obviously not going to live forever and is quite old. Will his next in line be able to keep people entranced into the group? It didn't sound like those that left felt any great love for those that seemed to have taken over running the ministry in recent years. I find all of this concerning as far as what might happen in the coming years and if they do fall apart if it will happen quietly and orderly.

Date: March 08, 2010 04:01AM

Hi South Dakota,

Here are my best replies:

I was reading back through the thread and the articles on the website and it brought about a few questions. How are they getting away with all of this without the IRS taking notice? I realize that "churches" have tax exempt status but the volumes of money going around and what seems to be multiple moving of said money sounds like it would be violating some tax laws.

I'm sure they've violated laws. The truth is, however, that government agencies alternate between a little bit of competence and astonishing levels of incompetence. That's just the way it goes. If "rogue churches" ever again reach "crime de jour" status, agents will descend upon Lake City.

The other question is with the economy being so lousy, if much of their income was tied up in real estate and construction businesses what might happen if the members and the church stop raking in money?

I suspect this is happening now. They'll circle the wagons and protect the inner circle, as always. The B and C group people will suffer and the elites will remain lords... with fewer cars and more excuses.

It sounds like the group evolved into more of a pyramid scheme in later years, cash flow drying up would be an issue.

I don't think I'd say pyramid scheme; more like "give us your money or face an eternal hell." And, yes, a lack of money will be an issue.

Meade is obviously not going to live forever and is quite old. Will his next in line be able to keep people entranced into the group?

Good question. I'd guess that Marlene (about 20 years Meade's junior and IMO the real decider) will display an iron hand. I wonder how many will continue to obey. I have no good guess of how badly they have degraded. I haven't seen most of them for a long, long time, and I fear they are not the same people I once loved.

It didn't sound like those that left felt any great love for those that seemed to have taken over running the ministry in recent years.

I think that's a fair statement, though it has been a long time under the current leadership. The real changes happened in the 80s - a lot of years ago now.

I find all of this concerning as far as what might happen in the coming years and if they do fall apart if it will happen quietly and orderly.

I'm not particularly concerned; most people seem to get away and live quietly. But, as I say, I have no good guess as to the current state of their characters. Nor do I know much about the children of the group, who are now adults.

Best,

Ref

Posted by: dreamseeds ()
Date: March 12, 2010 10:50PM

Marlene holds the iron hand. It has been 14 years or so since I left the group (kicked out actually) I was a member for 10 years.

They have powerful people preaching as their team. One being her son in law. Gary cooke was in a car accident a few years ago and passed away. We speculated he would be the next leader, but maybe the son in law Charlie Sparks.

In any case, I have a couple stepkids still in the group so I am careful what I say for their sake. People still need to practice freedom of religion and I have learned to keep my mouth shut over things so have not spoken out much.

Surprisingly, the MM construction workers are staying busier than most.

Let me just say that people who have left the group often have a hard time sharing the group because their own process of condemnation battles within their heads often. There is a curse put on anyone who leaves the group that they are going to hell. Even though in a persons heart, they may feel they still want to seek the highest good(God or whatever higher power) the words of condemnation do not leave the psyche for a very long time.

And to be honest, once a person has MM behind them, they almost do not like talking about it.

In truth, 14 years later, I take the good I learned from it. But others feel shame.

So understand that each of us processes things differently, it is not easy I am sure for anyone who comes out of a cult.
Talking about things is not always easy for some

Posted by: dreamseeds ()
Date: March 12, 2010 11:01PM

Jim, in truth, some of us want to put MM behind us. Sure we all hurt, but at least for me, I choose to move on and don't want to get dragged back into those emotions or something I cannot change.

As for Robert, he is a dear soul. His wife Joni Meade died of multiple causes really. She knew she was dying and I drove to Florida to say goodbye. It was hard for Bob because his Dad and Marlene cut them off. Had no communication while Joni was so sick.

Marlene came in and basically took Charles Meades attention from his family to hers. Bob and Joni were both battling diabetes, which Meade claimed he could cure. So I always wondered if she felt they were a failure by not being cured of diabetes. Bob and Joni NEVER deserved the treatment they received. They were/are the most amazing people, good to all, Bob and I talk from time to time. He has moved on despite he still lives in the neighborhood.

In that situation, all I can say is SHAME ON CHARLES AND MARLENE for the lack of love and compassion they could have shown to Bob and Joni through such a trying time. There is so much they could have done for them and they chose not to, all in the name of their God.

That fruit right there shows me even more that their powerful empire is nothing more than self serving heirachy.

When your daughter in law is dying, no matter what, you would be there. And if they both really hear from the spirit like they say, even if they had not talked to their family in awhile, that spirit that speaks to meade would have revealed it.

Now I am getting frustrated thinking about it so I will not write anymore.

But please, do not hassle Robert. We call him Bob. He is such a good man. Not at all like Charles and Marlene.

Current Page: 9 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.