Current Page: 15 of 19
Re: Meade Ministries
Posted by: SDsister ()
Date: March 02, 2012 11:57PM

Hello Everyone. I can't believe I have come across this forum regarding Meade Ministries, but am so happy I have. I am hoping that some of you might be able to shed some light as to what happened with my brother and his family while they were in this group. My brother's name is Kelly Boehmer. He was involved with this group from the very early 80s in Sioux Falls until the mid-90s in Lake City, FL. His situation caused unbelievable grief and stress to our family and I am most interested in getting details from anyone who might have been on the "inside" during this time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Conradpancake ()
Date: March 13, 2012 06:06AM

Hello Sister,

Sorry I can't help you out with the information you are looking for, but glad you were able to find this forum. This is the sort of forum that can go for a long time without any posts, and then suddenly it gets busy, so don't feel neglected. Just know that you are among friends, some of us ex-members, some of us family members like yourself, and some of us both (like myself), but all of us trying to keep an eye on the latest developments in Lake City, and trying to gain some peace in the aftermath of the pain and heartbreak caused by MM.

Take care.

Posted by: Fallucco ()
Date: July 03, 2012 09:11AM

such a deal, the present truth evolves as a former prophet used to say

Posted by: Fallucco ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:11AM

Just for the fun of it I searched names on my Facebook and corresponded with a few former members. I think that it is interesting that several 'BORN INTO THE MINISTRY" OFFSPRING have sprug. I have wondered if this would happen since I have been gone 12 years this past July 2. Under new leadership James Burbach who lost his sister during childbirth. Looks like Mountaintop is striving to become like a normal mainstream church giving liberties to the people that were tabooooooo when we were involved.

Unfortunately, due to the hypocracy witnessed by them growing up, many have gone off the deep end and have become agnostics, atheist or went into weird Eastern Hindu religion [ a woman in particular anyone interested has to do their own research ]. Some have [ you can tell by their Facebook pages ] gone into very sexy lifestyles sampling the opposite sex just as a bee jumps and humps one flower at a time. This is no surprise since there have been special events among select pedigree families's offspring on what was once called Turner St perpendicular to Hwy 90 West of town. [ I had a co-worker when I worked at the FS in Olustee who lived next door to one of the married couples who hosted the events. I do not think that I have to explain do I? ]

I do not expect any replies from anybody, seems like this site has lost interest. I just check in periodically to see if there is any new news nothing so I decided to put my 2cents worth in tonight.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 02, 2013 08:18PM

See [www.cultnews.com]

The Rick A. Ross Institute for the Study of Destructive Cults, Controversial Groups, and Movements has officially changed its name to The Cult Education Institute for the Study of Destructive Cults, Controversial Groups and Movements.

The new domain name entry point and gateway to the Internet archives of the institute will soon be culteducation.com.

The Cult Education Institute archives is a library of information about destructive cults, controversial groups and movements, which was initially launched in 1996 and has continued to be under construction and expansion for the past 17 years.

The public message board attached to the The Cult Education Institute will soon only be accessible through the domain name culteducation.com. More than 100,000 entries from the former members of destructive cults, controversial groups and movements and others concerned has accumulated at the board over the past decade. The message board content continues to grow daily and it serves as a free speech zone for those who wish to share their insights and concerns about the topics listed.

Date: June 09, 2014 09:06PM

Data lost through a backup failure some months ago has now been restored to this message board.

This board is also now open for indexing by search engines such as Google.

Information posted on the board should soon be appearing in searches as this is a public resource.

The data recovered and restored included many individual posts and some threads.

Lost membership registratio was not restored. Old members not currently listed must register as new members again in order to become active members of the message board.

Re: Meade Ministries/Mountaintop
Posted by: PDTOON ()
Date: November 16, 2015 08:53AM

Guess postings have slowed down a lot since it is now like an Assemblies of God church under Mr. Burbach but without the Royal Rangers or Missionettes. I will not say much anymore but just read what ever is new if anything at all but there has been nothing in a long time already. Just be aware there is a spy registered from there on this cult education institute to read and advise leadership what is written and by whom. Don't worry it is not me.

Date: November 16, 2015 10:42PM

Spy? There is no need to spy as the board is public and anyone registered or not registered can read it. It's interesting to know that the Meade group is so interested in what is posted here.

Are families now in regular communication or are they still estranged from family members outside of the church?

Is the church now democratically governed like typical Assemblies of God churches with democratically elected boards that serve fixed terms?

Can the board fire staff including the pastor?

Is their an annual publication of the church budget that discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds? Is that budget independently audited by an outside accounting firm?

Does a democratically elected board control the budget?

Did they take down the guard house at the gate to the church and the barbed wire around the property?

Have church members started using doctors and taking medication?

For those unfamiliar with the dark history of this group once known as "End Times Ministries" and later as "Meade Ministries" founded by Charles Meade.

See [www.culteducation.com]

The group changed its name from Meade Ministries to Mountaintop Ministries.

See [www.mtmww.com]

They claim to have branches in Mexico now.

They don't mention Meade on their main Home page. Looks like they are attempting to bury that history.

If they have joined the Assemblies of God I could not find anything about that at the group website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 11:00PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: grams08 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:57PM

Are families now in regular communication or are they still estranged from family members outside of the church?"""""""
Not sure about other families but we have had no contacts.... outside of a few facebook messages from one relative .... no success in getting any phone calls or visits.... Keep praying that will still happen?????

Posted by: Refugee ()
Date: November 17, 2015 03:24AM

A few things I can pass along:

1. They have relaxed in at least some ways. Youg Burbach made a show one day of "throwing the rulebook away." Not sure how far it goes, but it's something.

2. I don't think most are reaching out to families yet... perhaps out of habit and refusing to admit they were wrong all those years. (Wild guesses on my part.)

3. The ruling family (Maltheson/Burbach/Sparks) still seems in control and the cliques still seem to be intact.

4. Many are now going to doctors.

5. They are clearly reaching out to former members, trying to get them to come back.

Hope this helps in some way.

Ref

Note to moderator: The comment from PDTOON was not that they joined Assemblies of God, but that they were becoming like them.

Current Page: 15 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.