Announcent that Bill Freeman is dead -- controversial group leader
Posted by: LionLaugh ()
Date: March 24, 2013 10:36PM

On Friday March 22 2013 at 9:30AM a wonderful brother in the Lord passed away.
His name was Bill Freeman. There has been a lot said about this man over his long and rich life. Good, Bad and Ugly. As with all of us. I was there with him and his family for 6 years in Scottsdale, Arizona. He had an incredible ministry and what I learned most from him was how to make Christ the center of everything I do! He also taught me to live and study the word in a experiential way. I was in my twenties. I am now in my forties and what he taught me has shaped me into the man of God I am today. For those who read this and know Bill and his wife Patsy. I will say this because of the controversy that surrounded them. This is the first I have spoken out publicly and shall do so from now on.
This happened after a meeting in Scottsdale, AZ. I was sitting behind Bill. He turned around and he said one of the most profound statements I have ever heard a preacher say. He said, "Chris, all this wonderful expression of this body of believers only works when they are focused on their personal, intimate, relationship with Jesus Himself through the Holy Spirit. If we lose focus of that, things will ultimately fall apart. And Chris, That is as it should be! " 

Lord thank You for my brother Bill. You are now with the Lord that consumed your whole life and passion. And to those who take offense and issue with the man, his wife and his followers I would say this to you now and then: Is Jesus the primary focus of your morning, afternoon and evening. If it is not. Things are bad in your life. Then it is as it should be. After all, in the end it is still all about CHRIST and what HE did for us!

Chris Renner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2013 09:03PM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Brother in Christ is still a Brother in Christ
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 24, 2013 10:42PM

Bill Freeman hurt many people and was a polarizing and controversial man. Many called him a "cult" leader and labeled his ministry little more than a personality-driven authoritarian "cult"

See [www.culteducation.com]

Also see [forum.culteducation.com]

There seems to be little to commend Bill Freeman.

Posted by: LionLaugh ()
Date: March 24, 2013 11:16PM

Were people hurt. Absolutely. But not for the reasons that they are accusing him for. I was there. I know these people. If they were in a room today I would remind them that they chose to give Patsy more authority in their lives. I did not. Marriages broke be cause the husbands did not take a proper headship role in their families.

I worked on those houses that sold and did not get any money from it either. This is all about maturity. There are Christians that do not discern the way they should. I lived there peaceful and happy for 6 years. Why? I have my own identity in Christ. I don't follow every whim of teaching or direction. There was a lot of people in Scottsdale that needed to take the principles that were taught and apply them to their lives. Instead they handed it over to someone to do for them. We all need to grow up in our walk in the Lord. This is the point I am making. The brother is dead. He is with the Lord now. Some are not owning up to their irresponsibility as Christians. Romans 8:28 All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

I will understand if this is not the place you want this honesty to be shared. I have read your website for years and I just needed to give this group a little reality check.

Thank you for your time.
Chris Renner

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 25, 2013 05:30AM

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

his is Google's cache of [encycl.opentopia.com]. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Mar 16, 2013 07:53:06 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.

Full versionThese search terms are highlighted: bill freeman alleged
Encyclopedia
Who is Bill Freeman?
Encyclopedia : B : BI : BIL : Bill Freeman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Webcams - Watch and Chat 100% Free!

2 Hundreds of girls online right now!

3 Live Interactive Chat, One click away

4 Watch on PC/Mac/iPhone/Android/Tablet!

5 Click here now to access the streams.

6 Completely free access as a guest!

7 Webcams from all over the world!

Bill Freeman (born 1937) is a controversial Christian speaker and writer living in Spokane, Washington. He is a graduate of Fuller Theological Seminary.

Freeman first became prominent as a leader in the local churches associated with Witness Lee, where, during the 1970s and 1980s, he was involved with The Church in Seattle, Washington and in the development of his own publication company, Northwest Christian Publications.

In 1986, Freeman was confronted by Local Church leaders with regard to his wife, Patsy's, alleged excessive control of the private lives of other church-members. Freeman and his wife then led around 60 members out of the congregation to Scottsdale, Arizona, where they started The Church in Scottsdale.

While in Scottsdale, Freeman continued to follow common Local Church teachings and practices while focusing on his own publication outlet, Ministry of the Word, Inc., the editing of his monthly magazine, The Christian with son-in law, Kirk Eland, and the production of a Ministry of the Word radio program broadcast daily in Phoenix and several cities in Washington.

By the late 1990s, allegations resurfaced that Freeman's wife, Patsy, had caused numerous divorces in different cities and mentally abused many different church-members. By late 1999, Patsy Freeman had filed for divorce and left Arizona with a group of 60 of her own followers to Lake Oswego, Oregon. Bill Freeman then withdrew from the Scottsdale church. In 2001, he moved to Moses Lake, Washington to join a Local Church which had disassociated with Witness Lee some years before.

In 2004, Bill and Patsy Freeman came back together, and, with a small group of followers, moved to Spokane, Washington where they have purchased six houses adjacent to Whitworth College.

Whitworth's local newspaper, The Whitworthian, has targeted the Freemans in a series of articles which have elicited much response. Many of the Freemans' ex-followers claim they are responsible for dozens of divorces, broken marriages, and misuse of funds donated by church-members.

Bill Freeman has refused to comment to the numerous allegations and continues to operate his ministry organization out of his Spokane office.

References

External links
[Ministry of the Word, Inc.]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 25, 2013 05:35AM

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

www.non-profit-organizations.findthebest.com

Ministry of The Word Inc
Overview
Financial Data
Reviews
← See all Non-Profit Charities and Foundations
Last edited by FindTheBest
Ministry of The Word IncScottsdale, Arizona
Save Review Edit
Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a nine digit number assigned by the IRS to identify a particular organization’s account.
EIN (Tax ID): 911122134
User Ratings

Rating Breakdown

1 ratings

(1)

Write a review
Most Helpful

”Ministry of the Word, Inc....”
Read the full review
Simon
Simon
See all reviews › Overview
Financial Data
Reviews
Overview
Details Edit
Nonprofit Classification Educational Organization
Organization's Purpose
An organization has a purpose, which is generally known as its mission or goal. Arts, Culture and Humanities
Compare Nonprofits: Arts, Culture and Humanities
Organization's Specific Purpose
The National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities (NTEE) Code is used to classify an exempt organization in terms of its primary exempt activity. Radio
Compare Nonprofits: Radio
Affiliation Independent
Organization Type Corporation
Deductibility Code
Deductibility Code signifies whether contributions made to an organization are deductible. Contributions are deductible.

Map Edit

Ministry of The Word Inc
Po Box 28338
Scottsdale, Arizona 85255-0155

Financial Data
Revenue and Assets Edit
Revenue Amount $35,470
Asset Amount
Asset Amount is an amount from the most recent Form 990 series return filed by the organization $18,309
Asset Range $10,000 to $24,999
Income Amount
Income Amount is a computer generated amount from the most recent Form 990 series return filed by the organization. $39,798
Income Range $25,000 to $99,999

Charts
Embed
Average Asset Amount
Ministry of The Word Inc
$18,309

All Scottsdale Nonprofits
$145,755

All Arizona Nonprofits
$119,126

All Non-Profit Charities and Foun...
$20,748

Embed
Average Revenue Amount
Ministry of The Word Inc
$35,470

$82,922

All Arizona Nonprofits
$87,071

$24,061

Embed
Average Income Amount
Ministry of The Word Inc
$39,798

$99,981

All Arizona Nonprofits
$102,455

$36,233

Reviews
Average Rating

Out of 1 ratings
Add a review

Review Highlights
Most Helpful

”Ministry of the Word, Inc....”
Read the full review
Simon
Simon
Showing 1 of 1 reviews
Sorted by helpfulness
Simon
Ministry of the Word, Inc. a deceptive front.

September 29, 2012

Dedication to Mission

Financial Health

Management

Transparency

Use of Funds
Ministry of the Word, Inc. is the deceptive front for a church ministry designed to simply build up Pastor Bill Freeman and the Freeman's bank accounts.

Instead of producing strong Christians and actually promoting strong family ties in their church, Pastor Bill Freeman and his wife, Pat, have broken families apart by secretly promoting divorces among their congregation. The Freemans also misuse their church's tithes and offerings for their own selfish purposes. This explains how Bill and Pat have been able to purchase many large, expensive homes in Scottsdale while a majority of their present congregation share or rent homes together.

Pat has been secretly promoting divorces in their congregation for over forty years as a way to increase the Freeman’s cash flow.

Such immoral behavior should not be tolerated by anyone claiming to be a Christian. Yet, this also explains why the Freemans have moved three times across the western United States from 1999 to 2009.

Bill and Pat have been trying to outrun the growing rumors of their treachery and evil deeds. Over three dozen divorces have been attributed to Pat Freeman. In retrospect, it’s also understandable why so few intact marriages remain among the Freeman’s present followers. Beware of Bill and Pat Freeman and Ministry of the Word, Inc.
o
Was this review helpful to you?
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful

[www.google.com]

Amazon.com: The Cross and the Self (9780914271970): Bill ...The Cross and the Self [Bill Freeman] on Amazon.com. *FREE* ... Thus, Bill and
Pat are motivated by greed to destroy more families and promote more divorces.
www.amazon.com/The-Cross-Self-Bill-Freeman/dp/0914271970 - 255k - Cached - Similar pages

Seeing and Feeling the Church: Bill Freeman: 9780914271390 ...Seeing and Feeling the Church [Bill Freeman] on Amazon.com. *FREE* ... Many
more divorces are the result of Pat's failed attempts at arranging marriages.
www.amazon.com/Seeing-Feeling...Bill-Freeman/dp/0914271393 - 256k - Cached - Similar pages

Bill Freeman - Who or What is Bill Freeman? Find out moreBill Freeman (born 1937) is a controversial Christian speaker and writer living in
... Patsy, had caused numerous divorces in different cities and mentally abused ...
encycl.opentopia.com/term/Bill_Freeman - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Controversy next doorFeb 15, 2005 ... The Freeman Group, Bill and Patsy Freeman, Bill Freeman, Patsy ... group said
Bill and Patsy Freeman have left many divorces in their wake.
www.culteducation.com/reference/freeman_group/freeman_group1.html - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

Bill Freeman [Archive] - Local Church DiscussionsJul 21, 2008 ... [Archive] Bill Freeman Little Flock/Local Church Spinoffs. ... for orchestrating the
divorces of dozens of members from among the congregation.
localchurchdiscussions.com/vBulletin/archive/index.php/t-183.html - 52k - Cached - Similar pages

Bill Freeman's Offshore Letter - THE PT DIVORCE BUSINESS ...Bill Freeman's Offshore Letter ... Offshore quickie divorces became a big
business in Mexico in the 1960s, but under pressure to “clean up” in 1971 Mexico ...
www.offshoreletter.com/the-pt-divorce-business-opportunity/ - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

The Bill Freeman - Asset Protection LetterThe Bill Freeman Letter - Offshore Wealth ... fully prepared for things like serious
health problems, betrayals and thefts by trusted associates, divorces, lawsuits, ...
offshorewealth.escapeartist.com/ - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

Bill Freeman (Open Library)Apr 1, 2008 ... Books by Bill Freeman. ... Patsy had interfered with the lives of church members
and had caused numerous divorces and other mental abuse.
openlibrary.org/authors/OL461491A - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

Bill Freeman Back In Scottsdale - The Public SquareBill Freeman Back In Scottsdale Nee, Lee & the Church of Recovery. ... she has
interfered in marriages and families to promote divorces.
www.thebereans.net/forum2/showthread.php?t=52547 - 105k - Cached - Similar pages

Ministry of The Word Inc - Scottsdale, Arizona 911122134Sep 29, 2012... simply build up Pastor Bill Freeman and the Freeman's bank accounts. ... Pat
has been secretly promoting divorces in their congregation for ...
non-profit-organizations.findthebest.com/.../Ministry-of-The-Word-Inc - 56k - Cached - Similar pages

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 25, 2013 09:02PM

LionLaugh:

"Husbands did not take a proper headship role in their families"?

You are attempting to shift the blame from the Freemans to the people they abused.

"They chose to give Patsy more authority in their lives"?

"Some are not owning up to their irresponsibility"?

Perhaps you should consider the Freeman's responsibility. They were in charge and controlled many people through their influence. In my opinion, it was an unhealthy group without the proper checks and balances to insure accountability. There also appeared to be boundary issues, i.e. the Freemans interjected themselves in people's lives violating personal boundaries.

Was there a democratically elected church board that served fixed terms, which was chosen by secret ballot as mandated by a consitutiion and bylaws?

Could Bill Freeman be fired by an elected board?

Was there meaningful financial disclosure through an annually published budget that disclosed in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from contributed funds?

Without such safeguards the group was little more than a dictatorship.

Just offering a "little reality check".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.