Trance International / Church of Immortal Conciousness
Posted by: Notrance ()
Date: July 14, 2012 12:32AM

I left the group 20 + years ago yet still occasionally have nightmares about them.

While giving a deposition about my experiences with them, Steven Kamp worked to be intimidating in the small room we were in. He wasn't expected to be present, his presence was a surprise, and his behavior was noted by others. I was scared and sometimes emotional as I related my experiences. The two people taking my deposition, while remaining professional, let me know during breaks that they felt for me.

I am very very lucky that I didn't have anything that the Kamps wanted. I was good for slave labor and ego boosting, plus they possibly would have decided to take my child. Because I didn't have a lot of money nor a way to earn lots fast, they kept me at the bottom of their pyramid.

I'd hoped that this group had faded away but I see they are still active. I hope more and more people leave the group. I hope their extended family members eventually can find freedom.

Steven and Trina Kamp are incredibly manipulative. Their "church", their talk of spiritual family is really just a money-making machine for themselves. Back when I was a member they used all the cultic tricks of the trade. Judgement sessions, shunning, grooming, sleep deprivation, gossip, ridicule, trickery, coercion, us vs them. Families are broken up and rearranged like chess pieces.

If you have money, if you are part of the "in" crowd orbiting around Steven and Trina Kamp, you may have a different experience in this group. I believe people like that are in even more danger.

Steven and Trina Kamp have worked hard over the years to convince people that the only cure for loneliness, craving for community, and emptiness is to join them.

Behind all the supposed charisma Steven and Trina have is cynical, disdainful cruelty.

I hope any former members reading this are now safe and enjoying a great life, I certainly am. I hope current members reading this and other materials online continue to read and think and to take space from the group. I hope that if the only way to leave is by fleeing, with next to no belongings, as I did - that they do so. People need to get away from the Kamps and then work on rebuilding their lives.

If you have recently left or are contemplating, please join us on this forum. You can find so much support and help. Everything the Kamps predict for you if you leave is false. You don't have to suffer a lonely, empty life. They may tell you that safety is with the group and that the outside world is dangerous. Well, I can report to you that the opposite is true. The group is dangerous. Out here in the real world can be found freedom, community, support, and health.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.