river phoenix...
Posted by: nat_phoenix ()
Date: July 13, 2005 10:48PM

does anyone know if it's true about what happened to river when he was in the COG? :?

just curious

nat x

river phoenix...
Posted by: mrs.s ()
Date: August 17, 2005 11:15PM

I was born and raised in the COG. Left at 18 in 2000. What do you mean exactly by "does anyone know if it's true about what happened to river when he was in the COG?"

Abuse in the family during that time was pretty much garanteed. However since I did not grow up in his "combo", (home , center whatever), i can only speak for the COG children in asia or tell you the things that went on in the COG in general. Some of us children think the sexual abuse was worst than the mental and emotional, some the other way around. Some say they don't remember what went on. Some children would rather say they were not abused at all then have to think about the past.

S.

river phoenix...
Posted by: mxkitty ()
Date: January 20, 2006 07:53AM

Read some of the biographies on Phoenix's life, such as "Lost in Hollywood." I am amazed that for as down-to-earth and heathy-minded as his parents have been portrayed in the media, nothing was mentioned about them ever encouraging their children to get into therapy for their cult experiences.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.